Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 3654 Posts

·
Banned
9,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally time someone started one. Will add more stuff in the morning after i clear it with a moderator to make it official.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Well that looks promising! Thanks for your response. I'm really hoping I can get 5GHz out of my 4670K. It'd be my first 5GHz chip.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'm mainly curious about whether or not I'm going to need a water cooler to run a high 4GHz (4.8+) or 5GHz overclock.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickshooter View Post

Yeah. 5 ghz on .976V?
yes looks fishy to me....

·
Registered
209 Posts
I've read that the voltage is read incorrectly on Haswell chips with current sofware monitors so I am just ignoring any voltage readings I see.

·
Registered
209 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
It's not doing 5Ghz on .9V when I've read reviews that said they had to go up to 1.35V or more to get 4.6+

·
Registered
209 Posts
Anyone have an idea on the max recommended voltage by Intel? I know with Sandy Bridge it was 1.5V, so I'd like to know what I'm working with on Haswell.

·
Premium Member
4,999 Posts
Those 0.9 V could just be the idle voltage, not the real voltage that's used when load is at 100 %. He perhaps didn't use fixed voltage settings, instead offset.

·
Registered
706 Posts
No need for a link. There is no way it did 5gz with .9 volts. It probably has a c step enabled still or as we already know cpuz has to update to read it correctly.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickshooter View Post

Yeah. 5 ghz on .976V?
Haha did you even read what he asked?
tongue.gif
B/c you answered neither.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolzcat View Post

Anyone have an idea on the max recommended voltage by Intel? I know with Sandy Bridge it was 1.5V, so I'd like to know what I'm working with on Haswell.
I also want to know. I know max voltage for 22nm is lower so I expect it to have about the same a IB or even a little lower., which was 1.35 max safe I think.

1 - 20 of 3654 Posts