Overclock.net banner

[Official] Heatkiller Club

635747 6044
CopperTop**This is now The OFFICIAL** HeatKiller 3.0 Club

Come and Join the club(Click here).

We would like to have a place where we as HeatKiller owners can go and talk with one another. To share updates with our projects, to share information about new ideas. To generally be able to share our stories and experiences with each other. By being able to find the perfect mix of components to make this block shine. To be a part.... All you have to do is own a Heatkiller block. Any CPU or GPU block will do. Let us know your block, what model it is, and what type of radiator you use in your system.

Also, a worklog or permalink would be nice to be able to add you to the list easier. Thank you.
HeatKiller 3.0

Juggalo23451: HeatKiller 3.0; Feser 360
ltulod: HeatKiller 3.0; feser 360
jdomingo85: HeatKiller 3.0; GTX 360
Halciet: HeatKiller 3.0; Feser 360 & 240
_AKIMbO_: HeatKiller 3.0; XSPC RX360 <--- Pending Work log.
equetefue: HeatKiller 3.0; Feser Xchanger 240
Jason4i7: HeatKiller 3.0; MCR 320
motoray: HeatKiller3.0
Zero4549 Heatkiller3.0
Xandax Heatkiller 3.0
Shrimpykins: Heatkiller 3.0
//.DK: Heatkiller 3.0 (need mod log)
7hm: Heatkiller 3.0,Black Ice GTX 360
Foooman: Heatkiller 3.0, GTX360
jaded25: Heatkiller 3.0
Xur: heatketkiller 3.0 XSPC RX360
Lyric: Heatkiller 3.0 CPU Block
Lysdexik: heatkiller 3.0 & BIGTX360
Bastiaan_NL: Heatkiller 3.0
sailerboy: Heatkiller 3.0
CD69Scorp: Heatkiller 3.0
Digital Artist: Heatkiller 3.0 with XSPC RX360 rad
nonamed: Heatkiller 3.0
runeazn: Heatkiller Rev.3 CU
chriskaz: Heatkiller 3.0
OfficerMac: Heatkiller 3.0
Satogd:Heatkiller V3.0
Richy1204: HK AM2 3.0
R1P5AW: HK 3.0
nicko42004200: HK 3.0
KaRLiToS: HK 3.0
TrippinBimmer: HK 3.0
KOBALT: HK 3.0
ApexVIII: HK 3.0
Satogd: Hk3.0
runeazn: hk3.0
*********: HK3.0
wheth4400: HK 3.0
ShortySmalls: HK 3.0
Darkshadow74: HK 3.0
davidm71: HK 3.0
Cobra26:HK 3.0
c5pilot: HK 3.0
Space Pope: HK 3.0
ShadowFox19: HK 3.0
melantha: Hk 3.0
Gollie: HK 3.0cu Feser 360
TerryP: HK 3.0 Limited edition /w black ice 240 rad
cooper_inc1:HK 3.0
jimibgood: HK 3.0
skkhai: HK 3.0

Mayhem: heatkiller 3.0

Accept : Heatkiller 3.0

sli_shroom : heat killer 3.0 chrome

Angrybutcher : heatkiller 3.0

HD5830Gamer: Heatkiller 3.0
HeatKiller 3.0 LC
richardbb85: HeatKiller 3.0 LC; XSPC 360
oblivion.sky: HeatKiller 3.0 LC
coltsrock: Heatkiller LC
driftingforlife: Heatkiller 3.0 lc

GhostRiderZG : heatkiller lc

HeatKiller 3.0 LT
caliga4221: Heatkiller 3.0 LT: BlackIce GTX 360
Zippit: XSPC RX360, Swiftec MCR320
Peace11uehman: HeatKiller LT; working is in
bumsoil: Heatkiller LT, MCR 320 + MCR 120
gig: HeatKiller LT
Emerican: Heatkiller LT
Psycho666: Heatkiller lt
Segovax:HK 3.0 LT
Heatkiller 3.0 LT
Knight2000:2 x Swiftech Mcr220-qp
fastsite:Heatkiller LT 775 and Black Ice Xtreme II
Exidous: Heatkiller LT
pestypest: HK 3.0 LT Fesser 480 quad push/pull
Paraleyes: HK 3.0 LT
Zamoldac: HK Rev3.0 LT
Villosa:Hk 3.0 755 LT Using Feser 120 and 240mm
HeatKiller GPU
caliga4221: HeatKiller x2 GTX 295: BlackIce GTX 360
coltsrock:Heatkiller GPU X3
Biggu: heatkiller GPU X2
undertheradar: HEATKILLER® GPU-X³ GTX58

Angrybutcher : heatkiller x 2 gpu blocks for gtx570

Mazda6i07 : Heat killer gpu for the 6870
HK 3.0 NP
Charles1: HK 3.0 NP

White HK

Juggalo23451
4161 - 4180 of 6045 Posts

·
Black Sun Empire
794 Posts
@Watercool-Jakob

Hello,

could it be that the epdm-tube has remnants, i had this after 2-3 weeks of using it.

after washing/cleaning tube and the wholeq Loop again it went away.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

·
Overclocker in training
14,851 Posts
Hi,
Good example why plexi top is awesome you could see that a mile away :D

·
Black Sun Empire
794 Posts
Yeah but i didnt have luck with plexi ,im more a POM/ACETAL Freak.
10yr old waterblock which i ran a amd opteron on it.
Falled from 60cm and cracked.
Good thing i had an extra plexitop for it.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

·
Windows 10 Gamer
2,665 Posts
...I am certainly NOT a Thermal Interface Material expert to the last degree, but back in my days of sub-zero and HWBot, I used all kinds of concoctions good for up to -180c. Then there were the liquid metals for CPU and GPU for barely positive temps on chillers.

But for 'daily' builds that have lasted seven years plus without disassembly or temp deterioration, it is either Arctic MX4 or Gelid (TC-GC-03-A). I just wish I could still get those 20mg Arctic MX4 tubes instead of those mini 4mg ones now :eek:
Thanks, I will look into those.

I forgot to mention that I use the Mayhems XT-1 in my system and it has always been great at keeping anything from growing in my loops. I am almost done with the bottle of XT-1 I have and may try to go with their less toxic version of the same stuff next time.

·
Perennial Noob
650 Posts
I shortened and sleeved the cables on the RGB strips that came with my blocks. Here's a few pics so you can see what it looks like.
This is really interesting. How did you sleeve them? I don't know how to remove the connectors, or for that matter, where to find appropriate pins or connectors.

·
Graphic Card Addiction
4,209 Posts
This is really interesting. How did you sleeve them? I don't know how to remove the connectors, or for that matter, where to find appropriate pins or connectors.
ModMyMods sells just about everything you would need.

·
Perennial Noob
650 Posts
ModMyMods sells just about everything you would need.
I just looked through their site and couldn't find either pins or connectors for this purpose. Can you point me to the specific items you suggest? Thanks!

·
Graphic Card Addiction
4,209 Posts
I just looked through their site and couldn't find either pins or connectors for this purpose. Can you point me to the specific items you suggest? Thanks!
Just give them a call if you don't see exactly what you're looking for...talk to Kevin or Brony....great guys, and very helpful.

I'm not sure of exactly what you are looking for. I know I got some pins and connectors a while back. If not there, maybe Performance-PC.

Here is the link to that page:

https://modmymods.com/connectors-pins.html

·
WaterCooler & Overclocker
2,703 Posts
I used the LED strips and wire harness that came with the water blocks. I cut the existing heat shrink off, unsoldered the wires at the LED strip. Then shorten them, put my sleeving on, soldered the wires back onto the LED strip with the heat shrink already on top of the sleeving just pulled back, and then shrunk it down :thumb:

I showed how I did it in this post on my build log.

·
Perennial Noob
650 Posts
I used the LED strips and wire harness that came with the water blocks. I cut the existing heat shrink off, unsoldered the wires at the LED strip. Then shorten them, put my sleeving on, soldered the wires back onto the LED strip with the heat shrink already on top of the sleeving just pulled back, and then shrunk it down :thumb:

I showed how I did it in this post on my build log.
Thank you

·
Perennial Noob
650 Posts
Just give them a call if you don't see exactly what you're looking for...talk to Kevin or Brony....great guys, and very helpful.

I'm not sure of exactly what you are looking for. I know I got some pins and connectors a while back. If not there, maybe Performance-PC.

There are plenty of good sources for sleeving, wire, connectors and pins all over the internet. Neither of those two sites is among with my favorites. My specific question, to which you pretended to know the answer, was about pins and connectors for RGB cables, as those are notoriously difficult to source for mere modders.

·
Graphic Card Addiction
4,209 Posts
There are plenty of good sources for sleeving, wire, connectors and pins all over the internet. Neither of those two sites is among with my favorites. My specific question, to which you pretended to know the answer, was about pins and connectors for RGB cables, as those are notoriously difficult to source for mere modders.
My bad....I didn't pretend to know the answer....I just was giving what I thought was good info, at least the best I had the time. Looking back, I see what your are saying though. I apologize. I would say though, ModMyMods might have the info or a source of where you might find specific connectors/pins. Like I said...I bought some years ago, and figured they may stock what you were after. I haven't looked into RGB pins/connectors specifically.

On another note....I'm not sure...but maybe Ensourced. He does custom cables...not sure if he does RGB, but he may have info to a source for what you are after. I don't see any RGB listed, but again, he may be able to point you in the right direction.

https://www.ensourced.net/

·
Old dog, likes new tricks
2,560 Posts
I finally caved and picked up a 2080TI on sale:

And dressed him in a fine German HeatKiller tuxedo:

For temps, my mind is blown right now. So blown I almost think something must be misreading somewhere. I'm currently overclocking the boogers out of this little Zotac 2080Ti, up to +250mhz core / + 700mhz memory. It's surviving Time Spy Extreme / Fire Strike Ultra stress tests. But the mind boggling thing is this: it hasn't hit 36C yet. It tops out at 35C!! Under full overclocked load!! 2145mhz core, 8000mhz memory, 35 degrees Celsius!! I might need to Furmark this thing. :)

·
Overclocker in training
14,851 Posts

·
2,560 Posts
Hi,
Run some benchmarks
Time spy/ fire strike/ even superposion and see how you line up with other 2080ti's.
https://www.overclock.net/forum/21-benchmarking-software-discussion/
I did that most of yesterday. :) Apparently I'm smack in the middle, if I use OCNs 3dmark thread as a baseline. Top Time Spy score was 15,333, top Time Spy Extreme score was 7401. That's with a Ryzen 3900X. It passed Time Spy Extreme / Fire Strike Ultra stress tests multiple times in a row. I know that's not conclusive, but I've found those to be a pretty decent GPU clock stability test. But that 35C temp *has* to be wrong.

·
Overclocker in training
14,851 Posts
I did that most of yesterday. :) Apparently I'm smack in the middle, if I use OCNs 3dmark thread as a baseline. Top Time Spy score was 15,333, top Time Spy Extreme score was 7401. That's with a Ryzen 3900X. It passed Time Spy Extreme / Fire Strike Ultra stress tests multiple times in a row. I know that's not conclusive, but I've found those to be a pretty decent GPU clock stability test. But that 35C temp *has* to be wrong.
Hi,
Superposion is a pure gpu test with many different resolutions to test with.
It a better gpu test but not too many people run it around here because they only allow a paid version
Try comparing with this thread

https://www.tenforums.com/benchmarking/74871-unigine-superposition.html#post913668

·
2,560 Posts
Hi,
Superposion is a pure gpu test with many different resolutions to test with.
It a better gpu test but not too many people run it around here because they only allow a paid version
Try comparing with this thread

https://www.tenforums.com/benchmarking/74871-unigine-superposition.html#post913668
Forgot about that benchmark, probably because as you say, no one uses it. I'll give that a whack, thanks! Seeing your name on that list with three different GPUs will give me good comparison points. :)

4161 - 4180 of 6045 Posts