Overclock.net banner

4601 - 4620 of 4681 Posts

·
Windows 10 Gamer
2,636 Posts
We are working hard to have our blocks ready as soon as possible. We depend, of course, on support by the manufacturers: when we will receive data and samples from them will directly influence when our blocks will be available. This will mean somewhere between "ready at launch date" and "4-6weeks after launch". I'll let you know when we have a reliable availability date.

///Personal note: I'll undergo some minor surgery tomorrow and will be on sick leave for 1-2 weeks. This thread will not be monitored or questions answered until at least 9/7. If you have any problems, please send an email to [email protected] . That mailbox will be monitored and replied to. I know that you'll all be exploding with curiosity after 9/1, probably - please feel free to copy and spread my above statement :)
Awesome and good luck with your surgery. Please take it easy for the next couple of weeks!

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
We are working hard to have our blocks ready as soon as possible. We depend, of course, on support by the manufacturers: when we will receive data and samples from them will directly influence when our blocks will be available. This will mean somewhere between "ready at launch date" and "4-6weeks after launch". I'll let you know when we have a reliable availability date.

///Personal note: I'll undergo some minor surgery tomorrow and will be on sick leave for 1-2 weeks. This thread will not be monitored or questions answered until at least 9/7. If you have any problems, please send an email to [email protected] . That mailbox will be monitored and replied to. I know that you'll all be exploding with curiosity after 9/1, probably - please feel free to copy and spread my above statement :)
Hope for successful surgery and wish you quick recovery. Stay safe.

·
Registered
11 Posts

·
New to Ryzen
331 Posts
Cant wait to see what heatkiller comes out with for the 3070 and 3080.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Fold on!
6,781 Posts

·
Booo
687 Posts
Yes, @ watercool, please share more details on 3080 waterblocks once you have them. It's unclear at this point which boards from which manufacturers will be reference designs and which will be custom. Typically with EVGA, their XC line is based on the reference PCB, but there's some uncertainty in the EVGA forum that this is the case this time.

·
New to Ryzen
331 Posts

·
New to Ryzen
331 Posts
SLI is dead in gaming anyway

·
Registered
14 Posts
Not interested in that beast. Just way too expensive

true. the 3070 or even the 3080 is more than enough for gaming. For those who want it to video edit will habe to wait for benchmarks from puget systems

Enviado desde mi G8141 mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Just a suggestion, there should be a ranked choice poll, for which AIB block Watercool should do, as soon as possible since availability for the 3090 is likely going to be very limited. IMO, the two main contenders are the Asus Strix (been a Watercool staple for a while and good WW availability) and EVGA FTW3 (EVGA's hydrocopper blocks look especially terrible this time and their warranty is the friendliest).

Something like this...

• Rep+
Reactions: chibi

·
Registered
835 Posts
Just a suggestion, there should be a ranked choice poll, for which AIB block Watercool should do, as soon as possible since availability for the 3090 is likely going to be very limited. IMO, the two main contenders are the Asus Strix (been a Watercool staple for a while and good WW availability) and EVGA FTW3 (EVGA's hydrocopper blocks look especially terrible this time and their warranty is the friendliest).

Something like this...

I second this idea and would also vote EVGA FTW 3 as my first choice of 3090 water block preference.

·
Booo
687 Posts
I second this idea and would also vote EVGA FTW 3 as my first choice of 3090 water block preference.
I third this idea, but then for the 3080 FTW3 :)

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
FTW3 has a few advantages over the Strix. 1 row of rear I/O so a single slot bracket is possible, 2x8pin power and not a ridiculous 3x8pin, EVGA ICX temp sensors (nbd but nice to see how the block is performing), EVGA warranty. With that said, the Strix is more widely available globally, will sell more and thus offer a bigger market for a block. Maybe 2 can be done this time since VRM layouts seem to be pretty similar due to the PCB density and layout.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Strix 2080ti had a far superior power delivery/pcb for the 2080ti, but agree with the rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Graphic Card Addiction
4,027 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,391 Posts
Same for me. I was just coming here to ask if Heatkiller was making a block for this.

4601 - 4620 of 4681 Posts