Overclock.net banner

4641 - 4660 of 4681 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Do we have a timeline of when the rtx 3000 and the ryzen cpu blocks will be available for pre-order?
I don’t see major redesign of blocks till ryzen 6000 (am5) and intel alderlake/meteorlake (lga1700).

·
Enthusiast
246 Posts
It was my understanding the evga blocks werent that great? Unsure how dated the info is. Actually, how much of a difference are we even expecting from different blocks in terms of temperature? Like 5>? Or is the biggest draw just aesthetics at this point?
I have bought the 2080 Super FTW3 Hydro Copper version and after the first maintenance wasn't able to remount the block correctly again (2 times) :(
After that I bought the EK block+backplate and everything went fine for the first run and gained -10°C (stock 53-55, EK 43-45)
So yeah... something is f****d.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I need some help from the Heatkiller guru's. My gtx 2080 ti was hitting high 60s at stock under water, which made no sense. Figured the block wasnt mounted correctly and sure enough it wasn't. The weird thing is, I have a reference card and its almost like there is a piece protruding, keeping the block from being flush. I tried to attach pictures, but why is this happening? It was flexing my board and thats how I noticed it. You can see in the 2nd pic that washer has no chance of ever being flat.

·
Registered
145 Posts
well it seems I was actually given a 2080 block and not the 2080 ti that I paid for. shoot I didnt recognize this sooner, as the 30 days are well beyond. Going 3xxx is too costly right now for me so i ordered another heatkiller 2080ti in hopes this is correct. I did email titanrigs, original purchase place, in hopes that they will take it back and give me a half credit or something to their store.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Any updates on the radiator

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought a used 2080 heatkiller IV block for my evga 2080 super xc ultra gaming, and i have some questions:
  • i bought it from ebay, the old owner says he's been using it for a few months, but i look at it is stained inside, is it due to the coolant? and how can i clean it
  • is there any in and out way of 2080 heatkiller IV block?
Thanks.

·
Overclocker in training
12,890 Posts
I just bought a used 2080 heatkiller IV block for my evga 2080 super xc ultra gaming, and i have some questions:
  • i bought it from ebay, the old owner says he's been using it for a few months, but i look at it is stained inside, is it due to the coolant? and how can i clean it
Thanks.

View attachment 2458961
Hi,
Disassemble and clean.
Tooth brush and tooth paste usually does well.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Thanks.

View attachment 2458961
I believe the block works best with the flow going THROUGH the jet plate INTO the micro channels over the GPU, so coolant IN should be the open port in your picture (either side), and coolant OUT should be the plugged port in your picture (either side).

·
Fold on!
6,781 Posts
Hi,
Disassemble and clean.
Tooth brush and tooth paste usually does well.
This works pretty good. I cleaned my Heatkiller IV strix block 2 weeks ago using this method (with the same looking buildup) (y)

I believe the block works best with the flow going THROUGH the jet plate INTO the micro channels over the GPU, so coolant IN should be the open port in your picture (either side), and coolant OUT should be the plugged port in your picture (either side).
Same way I run mine. If the card is installed in a "normal" case with the backplate up it'll feed the card from the bottom left and exit through the top right hole.
The same holes as the previous user has been using.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I don’t see major redesign of blocks till ryzen 6000 (am5) and intel alderlake/meteorlake (lga1700).
Do you think I'd see negligible performance switching from an ek supremacy to a heatkiller iv pro?
I was debating getting a new block earlier, just not sure if any other block would make much of a difference. Been thinking about switching my block for a vertical flow, wondering if that would maybe improve one of the ryzen 3000 chiplets temps. The heatkiller iv pro is the only one I've considered outside optimus blocks. I don't think I'll ever purchase an EK product again though.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Do you think I'd see negligible performance switching from an ek supremacy to a heatkiller iv pro?
I was debating getting a new block earlier, just not sure if any other block would make much of a difference. Been thinking about switching my block for a vertical flow, wondering if that would maybe improve one of the ryzen 3000 chiplets temps. The heatkiller iv pro is the only one I've considered outside optimus blocks. I don't think I'll ever purchase an EK product again though.
my guess 1-3degrees max

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
To clarify the heatkiller block is an 2015 Block. It and most blocks (ekwb) were about same (margin of error). The aquacomputer/koolance were 1-2degree cooler. The only new blocks to beat these blocks are optimus and ekwb magnitude lineup. Even then its that 1-2degree more. Basically lot of the cpu blocks have not been updated in last five years with exception of rgb add ons.

·
Registered
96 Posts
To clarify the heatkiller block is an 2015 Block. It and most blocks (ekwb) were about same (margin of error). The aquacomputer/koolance were 1-2degree cooler. The only new blocks to beat these blocks are optimus and ekwb magnitude lineup. Even then its that 1-2degree more. Basically lot of the cpu blocks have not been updated in last five years with exception of rgb add ons.
thanks, that makes a lot more sense. i've been thinking about rotating the supremacy because after looking at the chiplet design I've been assuming one chiplet is running 3-5C+ hotter than the other one. overclocks are limited on that chiplet too, but I just was not sure the fin density on the evo was decent enough. I thought the heatkiller iv pro was newer. I don't think I could stomach spending $100 on a new cpu block right now though :cry:

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
thanks, that makes a lot more sense. i've been thinking about rotating the supremacy because after looking at the chiplet design I've been assuming one chiplet is running 3-5C+ hotter than the other one. overclocks are limited on that chiplet too, but I just was not sure the fin density on the evo was decent enough. I thought the heatkiller iv pro was newer. I don't think I could stomach spending $100 on a new cpu block right now though :cry:
If you are considering am5/lga1700, i would wait for new blocks to come out for them before buying imo. If your sticking with am4 then any of the blocks are good imo

·
Registered
748 Posts
The Heatkiller block was about 2-3°C cooler than the EK block on a 2080TI.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone,
I just scored a second hand RX5700 and I would like to watercool it with a Heatkiller block. The only problem I have is that my case only allows single slot cards. EKWB is very clear about their block being single slot, but I cannot find any information nor pictures about the Heatkiller block being strictly single slot. I do see they the block is 2mm thicker than the EKWB one but I don't know if that means that it actually protrudes the IO bracket. Does anyone have information that could help me?
Thanks!

EDIT: nevermind! I just found the info I needed at an earlier page:

No, it's more like 1.3 slots. the split flow design adds a little bit of height to the block... We do sell a single slot bracket for RX Navi separately!

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
The Heatkiller block was about 2-3°C cooler than the EK block on a 2080TI.
We were discussing the cpu blocks. The GPU blocks are bigger difference.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Do we have any update from watercool on what blocks are supposed to come for 3080/90?
I managed to grab a strix from amazon.fr when they accidentally listed in on the weekend(not canceled by them yet) and am a bit on the edge if I should keep the order or switch to trying to get a FE tomorrow... I tried contacting watercool on their contact page but they are likely way to busy to answer (though I also don't know if the contact from worked as there was no confirmation 'your ticket has been created' sent to may email. But I don't want to resent), but has anyone seen/heard anything?

·
Registered
748 Posts
We were discussing the cpu blocks. The GPU blocks are bigger difference.
Sorry, I thought I read GPU instead of CPU blocks. Yea, indeed your totally right about it.

4641 - 4660 of 4681 Posts