Overclock.net banner

5221 - 5236 of 5236 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
PC cooling components are usually crap to medium anyway and alot of end users are pretty much technically uninclined parrots, BUT Heatkiller products are on the higher end. My HK IV cpu block is on par with Fstfrddy's stuff if anyone remembers those chunks. Very good. Cant wait to grab a gpu block.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
PC cooling components are usually crap to medium anyway and alot of end users are pretty much technically uninclined parrots, BUT Heatkiller products are on the higher end. My HK IV cpu block is on par with Fstfrddy's stuff if anyone remembers those chunks. Very good. Cant wait to grab a gpu block.
Its unfortunate we are seeing the parrots join the party. The reddit watercooling group being one of them.

• Rep+
Reactions: Mxj1

·
Registered
139 Posts
Fellow reddit-whyamireadingthis-user checking in. Tinkered with the Mo-Ra and mounted my D5 Next, complete with new 7-conductor cable to give power and usb control.

...and the abomination of a 3900x and 3090 currently being cooled.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Fellow reddit-whyamireadingthis-user checking in. Tinkered with the Mo-Ra and mounted my D5 Next, complete with new 7-conductor cable to give power and usb control.

...and the abomination of a 3900x and 3090 currently being cooled.

Lot of temporary builds nowadays. Nice work with your Mo-Ra

·
Registered
87 Posts
Just an update on the heatkiller V block after over a months worth of use so far. Freakin love it is all i have to say! Memory junction temps are good too surprisingly! The old alphacool block would be sitting around 88c(roughly) but the heatkiller block will keep it at 76c while gaming. I'm running a total of 1080 radiator space(Dual loop system) and it keeps the gpu temps as low as 38c while gaming. Mega happy with it and so worth the wait.

The only thing i've noticed with this block/backplate is im getting a little coilwhine on desktop while moving the mouse around. Didn't before with the alphacool block or on the stock cooler. It is barely noticeable but it is defo there, more so when the tempered glass side panel is off as well.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Happy to read that you are pleased with the block :) Great temps tho.
Any plans for making flow sensors like Aquacomputers NEXT Vision on their gpu inlet/outlet manifolds? Quite intrigued to increase my watercool range with you guys.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Well, we are working on something ;) But this will surely take some time until we have something to show.
Oh dont say that, the wait is gonna kill me. Hopefully we get all this postage and VAT stuff sorted with the UK as well. Its a mess right now.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Oh dont say that, the wait is gonna kill me. Hopefully we get all this postage and VAT stuff sorted with the UK as well. Its a mess right now.
Well there was that in development fan controller we haven’t heard anything about for couple years

·
Premium Member
3,326 Posts
Gotta long way to go to bear AC in terms of monitoring. Aquasuite is just as important as the hardware.

• Rep+
Reactions: Mxj1

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Well, we are working on something ;) But this will surely take some time until we have something to show.
As we've seen with EK... having a controller isn't the problem, it's the software. I'm sure Watercool is capable of designing better hardware than EK and as good as AC... but it's going to take a pretty robust and clean software offering to get me to move away from Aquasuite. It does pretty much everything I want it to, without any big issues.

On the XC3s... I know dead horse. I assume the hold up ATM is the backplates? Seems like people in the EU and US are getting them which is nice to see.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey Daniel, i saw over at the hardwareluxx forum that many people who had pre-ordered the xc3 block + backplate had mentioned that their order had been shipped or delivered. I have sent a few emails to support wondering if there is any kind of firm shipping timeline for my order.
Not trying to be pushy, but I haven't received a response back and these people pre-ordered their blocks at a later date than me and already have them in hand.
order # is 32317

·
Registered
1,441 Posts

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
@djwarreng according to our team your order should be shipped next week ;)

@paskowitz the backplates were one of the reasons o_O We are getting back on track and our shipping department is working with full force.:geek:
How are XC3 supplies looking like. I am waiting for the release of the new radiators then i will be placing my order.

5221 - 5236 of 5236 Posts