Overclock.net banner

5341 - 5360 of 5401 Posts

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
FYI: Our new HEATKILLER® Multitop for high-performance DDC pumps features solid acetal in 30mm thickness, a maximum flow capacity due to unique duct routing and is virtually infinitely scalable thanks to its modular design. The top will be available in the next two to three weeks.

Additionally, the new HEATKILLER® Multitop will also be available as a Nickel-plated metal version during the fourth quarter of this year. More information will be available in the next days on our homepage. View attachment 2485894
Nice. Hopefully you guys have some updates on the radiators lol. I'm seriously considering replacing all my internal radiators with them so 3 x 50mm version. One big order coming your way.

·
Registered
707 Posts
FYI: Our new HEATKILLER® Multitop for high-performance DDC pumps features solid acetal in 30mm thickness, a maximum flow capacity due to unique duct routing and is virtually infinitely scalable thanks to its modular design. The top will be available in the next two to three weeks.

Additionally, the new HEATKILLER® Multitop will also be available as a Nickel-plated metal version during the fourth quarter of this year. More information will be available in the next days on our homepage. View attachment 2485894
Brings to mind airplex modularity system :cool:

·
Registered
358 Posts
Boxed Heatkiller IV Intel waterblock missing mounting kit for LGA 2066.
Furthermore the manual has to be one of the most phlegmatically designed ones in the history of UX.
Screenshot from their manual for the 2066 platform:
View attachment 2485346
My box is missing the big bolts in red. I do not know if the springs come in different sizes but the ones included are very long compared to what is illustrated.
At the moment I managed to use the old mounting mechanism with studs from an older EKWB Velocity block.

PS:
Here is another screenshot from their manual:
View attachment 2485347
I do not see anywhere in the manual any mention of what the numbers represent. I suppose number 3 is what is missing from my package.
A little sad that I have no official reply to this yet.

·
Overclocker
753 Posts
My Mo-Ra order shipped today, not a bad turn around time of 10 days. Can't wait to get this into my loop, my temps are abysmal due to the case design even with fans running at 100%.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi all, just got my order from watercool to build my first custom loop. In the middle of finishing up installing it all now.
Just wondering what fluid you all recocmend so I don't have any of the nickel plating wear off or any corrosion.
I'd like to go a purple fluid but Im happy to stay on clear fluid if it means no issues at all.
I'm just not sure on what a to corrosive fluid to use. I've read don't use this or that all of the Web but would rather hear from people using the same waterblocks.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Hi all, just got my order from watercool to build my first custom loop. In the middle of finishing up installing it all now.
Just wondering what fluid you all recocmend so I don't have any of the nickel plating wear off or any corrosion.
I'd like to go a purple fluid but Im happy to stay on clear fluid if it means no issues at all.
I'm just not sure on what a to corrosive fluid to use. I've read don't use this or that all of the Web but would rather hear from people using the same waterblocks.
Thanks.
Run a Blitz Part 1 on all of your rads. Then a Blitz part 2 on the assembled loop.

After that all you need is 1 drop of each of these for 1000ml of distilled..

Mayhems Biocide + and Inhibitor +

·
Premium Member
6,766 Posts
Personally I just clean the radiators with any random radiator cleaner product I happen to see with good reviews on amazon when I search for it. Then I run a coolant with built in biocide. The one time I added biocide with a bottle I had lots of gunk buildup in 6 months. Since I stopped that and have only used premixed stuff I have been able to go 2 years easy with not the slightest bit of buildup on anything. And the only reason I change my coolant that often is because I upgrade a part and need to drain the loop and put a different block in.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Personally I just clean the radiators with any random radiator cleaner product I happen to see with good reviews on amazon when I search for it. Then I run a coolant with built in biocide. The one time I added biocide with a bottle I had lots of gunk buildup in 6 months. Since I stopped that and have only used premixed stuff I have been able to go 2 years easy with not the slightest bit of buildup on anything. And the only reason I change my coolant that often is because I upgrade a part and need to drain the loop and put a different block in.
What coolant do you run?
Australian stores seem to lack a lot of brands and importing can get expensive for shipping.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Except those two small droppers will last you YEARS if you have access to distilled water. There are between 250/300 drops per 15ml bottle. Your first fill you use 2 drops each per 1000ml. Then when you top off your reservoir every 3 months you use 1 drop each per 500ml. Drain/Fill each year. That's 13/14 drops the first year and 11 drops of each per year after or somewhere around 20-25 years of fluid. The plastic dropper bottle will degrade before you need a second bottle LOL. AND THAT IS ME OVER USING THE PRODUCT....

From Mick himself in an email to me... "Just use 1 drop of biocide per 1 Ltr of fluid in a new cleaned system then every 3 months top up with 1 drop. Same goes with inhibitor plus.

Mick"

·
Registered
6 Posts
Except those two small droppers will last you YEARS if you have access to distilled water. There are between 250/300 drops per 15ml bottle. Your first fill you use 2 drops each per 1000ml. Then when you top off your reservoir every 3 months you use 1 drop each per 500ml. Drain/Fill each year. That's 13/14 drops the first year and 11 drops of each per year after or somewhere around 20-25 years of fluid. The plastic dropper bottle will degrade before you need a second bottle LOL. AND THAT IS ME OVER USING THE PRODUCT....

From Mick himself in an email to me... "Just use 1 drop of biocide per 1 Ltr of fluid in a new cleaned system then every 3 months top up with 1 drop. Same goes with inhibitor plus.

Mick"
Yeha might just have to fork out for it. As for distilled water, I literally can't find anywhere that sells it haha. Closest we have is deoironised and demineralised water. I've heard deoironised is the same petty much so I guess I'm stuck with that.

·
Rig Advisor
3,492 Posts
Yeha might just have to fork out for it. As for distilled water, I literally can't find anywhere that sells it haha. Closest we have is deoironised and demineralised water. I've heard deoironised is the same petty much so I guess I'm stuck with that.
I'm in the medical field, and CPAP water should be just fine, won't this work from Amazon.au?

·
Premium Member
6,766 Posts
What coolant do you run?
Australian stores seem to lack a lot of brands and importing can get expensive for shipping.
Ive been using this for the past 2-3 years without anything else added to the system:
I notice it is kinda expensive right now. I think I paid like $17 for it last time.

Mick"
That just seems like so much work. Why would anyone want to bother with all that when instead you can just fill the loop up and forget about it? And I only need to top off the reservoir once a year when I bring the tower down to blow out the fans and radiators with compressed air.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I noticed that Heatkiller blocks are not hardly in stock in the US anywhere. Are things slow to cross the pond or what?

·
Overclocker
753 Posts
A nice big box from germany showed up today. I now have a full mora 420 setup. Plan to tear down and start modifications to the case and loop this weekend. Before I get started can anyone tell me if the rad needs aggressive cleaning? Guessing it doesn't since it's not soldered together. A quick blast with the garden hose enough or does it need a vinegar soak?

·
Registered
820 Posts
Ive been using this for the past 2-3 years without anything else added to the system:
I notice it is kinda expensive right now. I think I paid like $17 for it last time.
It may be worthwhile to watch koolance webstore if you want to buy more, they put some colours on sale sometimes like yellow bottle and green jug are on sale right now. Liquid Coolant

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm in the medical field, and CPAP water should be just fine, won't this work from Amazon.au?

I could get that but with shipping that's $70. haha not paying that for distilled water.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I noticed that Heatkiller blocks are not hardly in stock in the US anywhere. Are things slow to cross the pond or what?
I order mine at the start of February and just recieved them a week ago, so a little bit of a wait but from what I hear it's worth it. Plus I love the look of the gpu block.

5341 - 5360 of 5401 Posts