Overclock.net banner

5361 - 5380 of 5401 Posts

·
Rig Advisor
3,492 Posts
I could get that but with shipping that's $70. haha not paying that for distilled water.
I didn't notice the shipping costs. Surely you can find a similar product with more acceptable shipping costs?

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
EdgeofSanity: A number of years ago I found a neat way to clean out radiators.

Buy a 5 gallon bucket at Lowes, a cheap submersible garden water pump and the most expensive is a water filter that is typically installed below a kitchen sink to filter tap water.

Drill 2 holes in the bucket at 180 degrees from each other a couple inches from the top. Use cheap 3/4 inch flexible tubing and attach the submersible pump outlet placed inside the bucket to the inlet of the radiator outside the bucket. Then attach the outlet of the radiator to the inlet of the water filter. Then attach the outlet of the water filter and route the hose so it discharges into the other hole in the bucket. Fill the bucket with enough distilled water (I buy it cheap at the grocery store or Walmart) to cover the pump. The flow will be from pump to rad to filter and then back into bucket for pump to use. Run for @24 hours and rad should be clean.

·
Registered
707 Posts
EdgeofSanity: A number of years ago I found a neat way to clean out radiators.

Buy a 5 gallon bucket at Lowes, a cheap submersible garden water pump and the most expensive is a water filter that is typically installed below a kitchen sink to filter tap water.

Drill 2 holes in the bucket at 180 degrees from each other a couple inches from the top. Use cheap 3/4 inch flexible tubing and attach the submersible pump outlet placed inside the bucket to the inlet of the radiator outside the bucket. Then attach the outlet of the radiator to the inlet of the water filter. Then attach the outlet of the water filter and route the hose so it discharges into the other hole in the bucket. Fill the bucket with enough distilled water (I buy it cheap at the grocery store or Walmart) to cover the pump. The flow will be from pump to rad to filter and then back into bucket for pump to use. Run for @24 hours and rad should be clean.
The only thing I would do different for this setup is place the filter before the radiator, so as not to introduce any contaminants from the bucket/pump.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts

The new rads looks amazing. The wait has been super long though. It’s last item holding up my build. Hope for some good news

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
looking forward to see how these new rads compare with hwlabs gts and gtx
Hope heatkiller answers those questions soon. Stop teasing us, many of us have saved up cash in the bank for ordering those. Look at daliu and him commenting on heatkiller hardwareluxx forum.

·
Overclocker
753 Posts
Anyone know what size screws these are with the MoRa 420 dual pump mount? The ones they supply are barely long enough with the washer. With the addition of the wall mount they do not work at all, need a longer screw.

Screw goes in the hole to the left, frustrating that these screws are not sized correctly.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Daliu here really got heatkiller to explain the quietness on new internal rads. One small component missing

·
Registered
358 Posts
Anyone know what size screws these are with the MoRa 420 dual pump mount? The ones they supply are barely long enough with the washer. With the addition of the wall mount they do not work at all, need a longer screw.

Screw goes in the hole to the left, frustrating that these screws are not sized correctly.
View attachment 2488268
Had similar problems recently with their Heatkiller block for intel's X299 platform. The entire mounting mechanism was missing from the package.

·
Overclocker
753 Posts
Had similar problems recently with their Heatkiller block for intel's X299 platform. The entire mounting mechanism was missing from the package.
They need to provide screws that a couple mm longer for the dual pump mount. With the washer in place they are barely long enough to even grab the threads. They also need to think about providing longer screws, or at least offering the option, for the wall mount brackets so they can be used with the dual pump mount. Probably was never intended to have both in place at the same time since the dual pump mount is newer and the wall mount has been around awhile.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
There will be news on the radiators soon :)
I am very interested as well! Also I realize it's very early and the cards are not even released yet but any thoughts on what AIB 3080ti you will be making blocks for? I am considering using vacation time to camp a Microcenter on launch day and want to make sure I buy the right one 😉

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I am very interested as well! Also I realize it's very early and the cards are not even released yet but any thoughts on what AIB 3080ti you will be making blocks for? I am considering using vacation time to camp a Microcenter on launch day and want to make sure I buy the right one 😉
I suspect same as 3080/3090

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
pls check your pm

·
I can count to potato
882 Posts
I don't even need more radiators and I'm interested lol.
Also, If I had a Microcenter even remotely close to me I would definitely go camp out for a 3080ti.

5361 - 5380 of 5401 Posts