Overclock.net banner
5521 - 5540 of 5557 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
It does just that we all know the next gen cpu block is coming from them (lga1700/am5)
I mean we know a new next gen is coming out, I was asking specifics about the heatkiller IV basic / Pro performance on 2011 narrow ILM. I ended up getting a conversion kit for the block I already had and just bought a new one for the second CPU. it would bother me having two different blocks.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hope it works
It works! Knocked nearly 10c off my vram temps!!!!

i used 9x 50x25mm 11mm tall heatsinks
Arctic Cooling Thermal Pads 0.5mm
2 x Noctua A9x14 92mm Chromax Fans

Fans at 1920rpm ~ 76c (previous 84c with ambient at 25c no heatsinks or fans)
Fans at 2200rpm ~ 74x (previous 84c with ambient at 25c no heatsinks or fans)

It is abit Janky but its helping keep temps down when Mining with it.

• Rep+
Reactions: djwarreng

·
Premium Member
6,803 Posts
Ya I had to add heatsinks and a fan onto my 3090 too otherwise I would get crashes after gaming for a while. Need a real active backplate.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts

Updated Mo-Ra3

• Rep+
Reactions: jura11

·
Registered
122 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,947 Posts
Is it really necessary to run 2 pumps? I ran a 1080 setup, more restrictive cos it was 3 single 360 rads and the D5 didn't break a sweat.
Do you have a flow meter cause otherwise you have no clue if it broke a sweat or not. I’d be very surprised if you were even pushing 0.5GPM

·
Registered
122 Posts
Do you have a flow meter cause otherwise you have no clue if it broke a sweat or not. I’d be very surprised if you were even pushing 0.5GPM
Yup had a flow meter, the flow rate was sitting around 2.5lpm which translates to around 0.66gpm? This was on setting 4 on the D5's dial. I had 2 corsair XR7's (1 in the case and 1 external) then a thinner XR5 external mounted ontop of the XR7 for a total of 1080 rad space. It was a janky setup and still is but it works :ROFLMAO:.

·
Premium Member
3,947 Posts
Yup had a flow meter, the flow rate was sitting around 2.5lpm which translates to around 0.66gpm? This was on setting 4 on the D5's dial. I had 2 corsair XR7's (1 in the case and 1 external) then a thinner XR5 external mounted ontop of the XR7 for a total of 1080 rad space. It was a janky setup and still is but it works :ROFLMAO:.
Not bad flow then. I take back my criticism since most who make claims of no issues rarely have a flow meter.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Not bad flow then. I take back my criticism since most who make claims of no issues rarely have a flow meter.
Yeah flow meters are the first thing i install, no matter installing loads of rads and cooling without knowing what your flow rates are. Also helps with diagnosing issues too, like when my cpu temps were high, the flow rate gave me a good indication of what could be the cause and with the help from some of the people on here we narrowed it down to the cpu block being bunged up.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Is it really necessary to run 2 pumps? I ran a 1080 setup, more restrictive cos it was 3 single 360 rads and the D5 didn't break a sweat.
Not sure but i was having issues with whining d5 pumps (not the pumps because i tried multiple ones).

·
Registered
3,388 Posts

Now for leak testing and pump testing.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Anyone with the mo-ra3 dual pump top know what is the expected difference in water temp readings between both pump if on

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
They should be very close to same. You may need to calibrate one or both of the sensors in aquasuite.
Thanks. I will do so when I finish the build.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
They should be very close to same. You may need to calibrate one or both of the sensors in aquasuite.
I fixed that. How are you finding flow rates. I noticed to get 1gpm you need each pump at 60-70%. At least the pump whining noise gone

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Flow rates not great, about where yours are.
Good to know. Hopefully next mo-ra improves greatly on flow restrictions parts.

·
Registered
28 Posts
It works! Knocked nearly 10c off my vram temps!!!!

i used 9x 50x25mm 11mm tall heatsinks
Arctic Cooling Thermal Pads 0.5mm
2 x Noctua A9x14 92mm Chromax Fans

Fans at 1920rpm ~ 76c (previous 84c with ambient at 25c no heatsinks or fans)
Fans at 2200rpm ~ 74x (previous 84c with ambient at 25c no heatsinks or fans)

It is abit Janky but its helping keep temps down when Mining with it.

That looks great...do you have a link to the heatsinks...I saw some on watercool's website that were smaller and meant for ram but I think your setup seems very efficient.
I was originally planning on buying a bunch of these and just putting them on the backplate and then blasting noctua ippc 3000 fans at them from the top of my case

·
Registered
122 Posts
That looks great...do you have a link to the heatsinks...I saw some on watercool's website that were smaller and meant for ram but I think your setup seems very efficient.
I was originally planning on buying a bunch of these and just putting them on the backplate and then blasting noctua ippc 3000 fans at them from the top of my case
View attachment 2514926
I used these which work great

Wanted bigger ones so its less work sticking them down. I laid down a big piece of thermal pad that is measured to the exact size of the heatsinks combined. The whole job took around 5 mins.

Went with the Arctic cooling Thermal pad as its less sticky so easy to remove when it comes to it and won't leave residue.

• Rep+
Reactions: dwolvin

·
Registered
28 Posts
I used these which work great

Wanted bigger ones so its less work sticking them down. I laid down a big piece of thermal pad that is measured to the exact size of the heatsinks combined. The whole job took around 5 mins.

Went with the Arctic cooling Thermal pad as its less sticky so easy to remove when it comes to it and won't leave residue.
Thanks! That looks perfect for this.

5521 - 5540 of 5557 Posts