Overclock.net banner
6041 - 6060 of 6122 Posts

· Premium Member
3,588 Posts
Currently using the LGA 1700 contract frame as well as the springs/metal washers that came with the cpu block . Checking voltages now, however on the asus z790 strix E gaming boards no real Vcore in the bios unless im blind .
If they are the older springs/washer that came with the block from a year ago or more they are probably not the newer springs that apply more pressure. If you bought the block recently they should be the lga1700 springs.

"Due to the newly developed, larger socket, slight adjustments to our HEATKILLER IV mounting kit were necessary. We used all technical data available in order to produce the new mounting kit for the Alder Lake processors. Especially in the area of contact pressure, a lot has changed. For this, we again relied on our proven Easy Mount system in order to comply with the manufacturer’s specifications. A quick check in our lab showed that our existing mounting kit also makes a flawless mounting possible for the time being. However, this does not achieve the maximum contact pressure and sacrifices some performance.

Just in time for the INTEL release, you can buy a conversion kit for the LGA1700 socket in our store "

They use to sell the lga 1700 springs/washer kit Watercool HEATKILLER IV Upgrade Kit for Intel LGA 1700

Also if not using a backplate on the HK site they say

"INTEL LGA-1700 (For optimal performance, we recommend the backplate with part number: 10014. )"

I would try adding a 1mm washer to increase mounting pressure and if temps drop 10-15c plus like they did for me you know what the issue is.

· #sneakattack
512 Posts
What are good replacement washers for the black plastic ones included with the HK IV Pro? These are the ones for installing on mainstream Intel platforms that go below the metal stands.

· Registered
5,415 Posts
For those who need to contact watercool, please email them going forward. The hardwareluxx forum is good as gone for now. Here just inactive.

· Registered
1,696 Posts
Anyone having issues with heatkiller iv hitting 100 degrees on 13900k? GPU block is working flawlessly though at below 30 degrees idle for EVGA FTW3 and below 60 for timespy
I feel your pain. I am using an Optimus Sig V2 with 3 360s and 2 D5s in a CPU only loop and my temps on the P cores are 90-93C. Also, the spread between cores is up to 15C. This loop previously cooled a 10980XE running at 4.8 all core. I am using a backplate, contact frame, and kryonaut paste. Tried remounting 3 times with the same results. Going to take the loop apart and make sure the frame isnt cranked down too tight. I may also remove it and reinstall the OEM bracket using the “washer mod” to see what happens. I have an old EK Supremacy Evo sitting here as well as an Optimus Foundation block I can try. I also have a HK IV in my Amazon cart. It has me puzzled indeed.

· WaterCooler & Overclocker
2,713 Posts
For those who need to contact watercool, please email them going forward. The hardwareluxx forum is good as gone for now. Here just inactive.
That's too bad. The last rep I think it was Jakob was very responsive on this thread for quite some time.

· Registered
5,415 Posts
That's too bad. The last rep I think it was Jakob was very responsive on this thread for quite some time.
Jakob no longer around but Markus is the watercool guy on email. Very helpful and responsive too.

· Registered
1,461 Posts
4090 FE and Strix now listed as coming soon in Watercool shop.

· Lost in SoCal
X570 Tomahawk w/ 5800X, 32Gb, 3080 12Gb, M.2 SSDs and a custom loop.
1,184 Posts
I noticed that the wareblock bottom touches the ram, do you think it could cause some kind of instability over time?
the system is very stable
I can't say for sure (since I'm not there), but it it's just touching (no pressure) it should be fine.

· Registered
1,461 Posts
Yikes, didn't know it was up for that long. I was just browsing their shop recently and happen to see it.

• Rep+
Reactions: cennis

· 2 Easy
3,506 Posts
After many water cooled builds over the years i finally decided to go external. I was debating a Lian LI V3000 Plus because i have enough gear to fill it up but going back n fourth the MO-RA 420 made more sense. Max performance, the aesthetics i am seeking, less overall components to break down from inside the case, i think its a win/win situation. I always wanted an excuse to work with Heat Killer products and this was the ultimate reason to do so, i am very picky and have a passion working with higher end PC components. The plan is to use EK ZMT tubing and Koolance QD4 fittings to connect the loop to the PC, i might do another set of Noctua NF-A20's on the back in push/pull but that's still up for debate.

Font Rectangle Parallel Number Screenshot

6041 - 6060 of 6122 Posts