Overclock.net banner

2041 - 2060 of 2147 Posts

·
HWiNFO Author
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,041
I don't see CPU fan in HWinfo. Aida64 shows it normally. I don't know why. Any info/help?

BTW is it possible to use HWinfo or some special plugin for it, to be able to create screenshots in games cos this is the one option I miss after abandoning afterburner and Aida64 and using HWinfo+RTSS for overlay after I upgraded to vega 56. I also don't like the overlay from radeon drivers. It's bad, as is that ReLive IMO.

thanks.
Which board is that, the ASRock Z68 Extreme4? If yes, this board has a special switch between CPU1/2 fan and HWiNFO cannot report both. The switching logic is done pretty stupid so that at one time only one fan can be read, hence full monitoring doesn't work reliably. If your CPU2 header is empty, try to connect the fan there instead of CPU1.
HWiNFO cannot create screenshots in games, this is beyond its scope.

·
Registered
6,309 Posts
Anyone know why my kraken all of a sudden looks like this in hwinfo?

Its greyed out and the numbers dont change over the course of a day.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Means that hwinfo lost access to the device and it's sensors. It happens on graphics cards too if you disable and enable it in device manager. Just restart hwinfo and it'll start working again.

·
Registered
6,309 Posts
Means that hwinfo lost access to the device and it's sensors. It happens on graphics cards too if you disable and enable it in device manager. Just restart hwinfo and it'll start working again.
Just closed and reopened hwinfo and there is nothing listed under the kraken now lol. (print screen isnt working for some reason or id post another screen shot). I checked my kraken for an update but it says its up to date, /shrug.

·
Overclocker
11,339 Posts
I don't see CPU fan in HWinfo. Aida64 shows it normally. I don't know why. Any info/help?

BTW is it possible to use HWinfo or some special plugin for it, to be able to create screenshots in games cos this is the one option I miss after abandoning afterburner and Aida64 and using HWinfo+RTSS for overlay after I upgraded to vega 56. I also don't like the overlay from radeon drivers. It's bad, as is that ReLive IMO.

thanks.
Screenshots? Just use ingame screenshot key or any other method (there are millions of programs that can take screenshots after they inject themselves into the game process). I run HWiNFO+RTSS with custom things shown in RTSS from HWiNFO.

·
HWiNFO Author
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,046
Try the latest HWiNFO Beta v6.07.

·
Overclocker in training
12,877 Posts
Hi,
Have you noticed after opening hwinfo sensors only mouse pointer is alway taken to the X close and save position ?
That is really annoying because most the time when it does it I'm wanting to click on something else and of course hwinfo closes instead :D

·
HWiNFO Author
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,048
Hi,
Have you noticed after opening hwinfo sensors only mouse pointer is alway taken to the X close and save position ?
That is really annoying because most the time when it does it I'm wanting to click on something else and of course hwinfo closes instead :D
Sorry, but I cannot reproduce/observe this.
What settings do you use, just Sensor-only mode enabled?

·
Overclocker in training
12,877 Posts
Sorry, but I cannot reproduce/observe this.
What settings do you use, just Sensor-only mode enabled?
Hi,
Yes Windows 7 too
Had to go to control panel and mouse and uncheck snap mouse pointer to default position
Think window 10 is the same though I just don't use 10 near as much.

·
HWiNFO Author
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,050
Hi,
Yes Windows 7 too
Had to go to control panel and mouse and uncheck snap mouse pointer to default position
Think window 10 is the same though I just don't use 10 near as much.
Then such behavior must have happened in several other applications, not just HWiNFO.

·
Overclocker in training
12,877 Posts
Then such behavior must have happened in several other applications, not just HWiNFO.
Hi,
In an app/ program there is no default position really specified by the apps unless it has another settings option like hwinfo has a few including uac warning but that one is normal
This is only hwinfo for some reason,

It's like hwinfo is a dialog box like the sensors only popup and sensors warning popup before sensors only main window finally appears but here the pointer is placed on the X save and close.

It's not happening anymore with the mouse option disabled but still a weird default pointer position :)

·
Graphic Card Addiction
4,027 Posts
@Mumak

Would it be possible to add a hotkey function to reset readings?

·
Overclocker in training
12,877 Posts
Hi,
In an app/ program there is no default position really specified by the apps unless it has another settings option like hwinfo has a few including uac warning but that one is normal
This is only hwinfo for some reason,

It's like hwinfo is a dialog box like the sensors only popup and sensors warning popup before sensors only main window finally appears but here the pointer is placed on the X save and close.

It's not happening anymore with the mouse option disabled but still a weird default pointer position :)
Hi,
Lastly I also uncheck both updating options too
Maybe this causes the issue skipping the last popup message :/

·
Registered
447 Posts

·
HWiNFO Author
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,055
since a few days ago HWinfo stopped showing some motherboard readings and they're vanished, vDIMM reading stuck at 0.24V and CPU fan rpm is out of touch. I though my motherboard's broken, but hwmonitor shows everything as it should be.

an old screenshot i found: https://abload.de/img/pboawesomeness37f30nbjoc.png

Atm: https://abload.de/img/brokenrijjm.png

I tried uninstal and, reinstall a new version but still the same.
I can see that you have several sensor items hidden. Please check in the sensor settings/layout if there are perhaps some of those required hidden.
If that won't solve the problem, please attach the HWiNFO Debug File for analysis.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I can see that you have several sensor items hidden. Please check in the sensor settings/layout if there are perhaps some of those required hidden.
If that won't solve the problem, please attach the HWiNFO Debug File for analysis.
I've hidden some but not those.

here's the debug file
https://we.tl/t-F8JFcIXk7u

·
HWiNFO Author
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,057

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Hi @Mumak

Love you work.

I noticed the new VCC temperature readout feature.

Something funky seems to be happening because the readout is like 79-80C Idlefor my VRMs on the Z270-H with a 7700K in it. I know the VRM is not the best but I find it hard to believe it actually idles at 80C. I cannot locate any hotspots anywhere on the board, adding direct airflow from a 140mm fan doesn't drop the temperature. I even chilled the VRM heatsink with compressed air and it didn't drop below 80C. I forced the CPU in to power saving mode and it draws no more than 14W and the temperatures still don't drop. Peak load temperatures top out at 105C under Prime 95 115W CPU load.

This lead me to conclude that either the readout is not correct, some offsets are not being applied properly or the VRM is truly this **** (but I haven't found the offending MOSFET yet).

I've tested the VCC on the Z370 Taichi which works properly. My other Asrock Z370M-ITX AC does not support SVID so there was no readout possible.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Thanks. This is a quite rate issue, which might be caused by a BIOS update or some other software causing some inconsistency in the SIO/LPC.
I'll add a workaround for this in the next HWiNFO build.
I removed the cpu fan's header to repaste the cpu and after that HWinfo starts showing all the sensors back like it was.

·
HWiNFO Author
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,060
Hi @Mumak

Love you work.

I noticed the new VCC temperature readout feature.

Something funky seems to be happening because the readout is like 79-80C Idlefor my VRMs on the Z270-H with a 7700K in it. I know the VRM is not the best but I find it hard to believe it actually idles at 80C. I cannot locate any hotspots anywhere on the board, adding direct airflow from a 140mm fan doesn't drop the temperature. I even chilled the VRM heatsink with compressed air and it didn't drop below 80C. I forced the CPU in to power saving mode and it draws no more than 14W and the temperatures still don't drop. Peak load temperatures top out at 105C under Prime 95 115W CPU load.

This lead me to conclude that either the readout is not correct, some offsets are not being applied properly or the VRM is truly this **** (but I haven't found the offending MOSFET yet).

I've tested the VCC on the Z370 Taichi which works properly. My other Asrock Z370M-ITX AC does not support SVID so there was no readout possible.
The VCC Temperature you see is reported straight by the VRM. I already had some reports of odd values seen here, unfortunately I can't do anything about this. Looks like some VRMs are not reporting valid temperatures, but not sure if this can affect operating conditions like triggering a VR Hot alert.

2041 - 2060 of 2147 Posts