Overclock.net banner

21 - 40 of 1030 Posts

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phaedrus2129 View Post
Hm... What if someone Quad-Fired a 4830, 4850, 4870, and 4890?

It'd probably suck, but worth a shot, no?

I believe all the cards become dumbed down to 4830 stats, thats why its best to Crossfire all of the same cards.

Also, updated, added you too rico (Just made it go to your post when you click your name)

·
Premium Member
16,520 Posts
Yeah I know, that's why I said it would suck. I tried CrossFiring an Asus 4850 with my 4870, results were disappointing, about on par with a 4890. When I overclocked the 4850 I got it up to 4850x2 levels, but really the whole thing was a disappointment. Made a profit selling the 4850, though.

·
Audiofool
3,486 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by rico2001 View Post
@CJRhoades

Liking that 4650 you have.

That little beauty was my first dedicated card. Had it in a little eMachines with an upgraded dual-core CPU for about 6 months before I went fully custom. Got the 5770 for Christmas.

It's just sitting in a box now but I'm hoping to put it back into action to drive my old monitor when I upgrade.

·
Premium Member
4,727 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by M3T4LM4N222 View Post
I believe all the cards become dumbed down to 4830 stats, thats why its best to Crossfire all of the same cards.

Also, updated, added you too rico (Just made it go to your post when you click your name)
Thank you, I saw.
This should be a good thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJRhoades View Post
That little beauty was my first dedicated card. Had it in a little eMachines with an upgraded dual-core CPU for about 6 months before I went fully custom. Got the 5770 for Christmas.

It's just sitting in a box now but I'm hoping to put it back into action to drive my old monitor when I upgrade.
Congrats, on your first card and the new addiction to your Sapphire family, the 5770. DO any overclocking yet?

on topic: the mixed quad-fire with 4830/4850/4870/4890, would at least make for a great pic and the great thing about crossfire, is that combination would work just fine.

·
Audiofool
3,486 Posts
Quote:

Congrats, on your first card and the new addiction to your Sapphire family, the 5770. DO any overclocking yet?
Of course. Had the 4650 at 750MHz Core/500MHz Mem. 5770 is at 1050MHz Core/1400MHz Mem. Overclocks like crazy!

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Is there a way one of you can post the "Im fueled by sapphire" link you guys made in the OP? I would do it myself but I am an HTML guy and not much of a BBcode guy. thank you.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackHoleSon View Post
Is there a way one of you can post the "Im fueled by sapphire" link you guys made in the OP? I would do it myself but I am an HTML guy and not much of a BBcode guy. thank you.
I think if you press Quote you can get it, IDK how to get the code to show. You like it
?

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by M3T4LM4N222
View Post

I think if you press Quote you can get it, IDK how to get the code to show. You like it
?

Got it thanks. At first I pressed control + U to view the page's source but that was way harder than quoting.

·
Premium Member
4,727 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackHoleSon View Post
Thread isn't moving quite as fast as i thought it would.
How fast would you like? Thread is 24 hrs old and on it's 4th page.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Quote:

I agree, this is really good for a thread made 24 hours ago
More successful than any of the other clubs i've made in this short time. Although most of those are minority clubs, like an ASrock club.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Quote:

Oh its moving along nicely; it seems some other companies have a lot more activity but quality doesn't always mean popularity.

·

13,038 Posts
Sapphire Vapor-X 5870 and 4870x2 here.

Also had a 9700pro all in wonder, 1600xt, two 3870's , two 4870 512mb's.

a very reliable company.

21 - 40 of 1030 Posts