Overclock.net banner

41 - 60 of 1030 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
hmmm. i looked up my graphics card (im not a hardcore gamer just a perfomace freak) and i think this might be a saphire?

ATI Mobility Radeon 1GB 4870 (2x) w/ CrossfireX

·
Premium Member
16,520 Posts
It's an OEM laptop card, which means it isn't branded. However, Sapphire does make a lot of ATI's OEM cards, so it might be a Sapphire. Hard to tell, though.

·
Premium Member
16,520 Posts
NICE.

One thing I like about Sapphire that a lot of people don't comment on is their packaging material. That cushiony antistatic bag makes amazing packing material for graphics cards. I kept the one from my 4870 for a long time, until I used it when I sold a 4850 I'd gotten. It's like combination bubble wrap and antistatic bag, it's perfect.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phaedrus2129
View Post

NICE.

One thing I like about Sapphire that a lot of people don't comment on is their packaging material. That cushiony antistatic bag makes amazing packing material for graphics cards. I kept the one from my 4870 for a long time, until I used it when I sold a 4850 I'd gotten. It's like combination bubble wrap and antistatic bag, it's perfect.

Hell yeah.

So far:

4870 512MB heatpipe
4850 X2 1GB
4850 512MB

I regret not getting a Sapphire 4890; my first 2 are an HIS and a used Asus because they were extremely cheap at the time, and when I bought my 3rd I decided on XFX (because I was very pleased with my XFX 4870 512MB), even though it was the same price as a Sapphire. Had to RMA the card
should have just gone with Sapphire.

When I dive into the 5800 series I will most definitely be buying a Sapphire.

·
Man with Fans
7,746 Posts
Damn!
I helped two of my friends build their rigs. Put a Sapphire HD4550 Silent in one of them, and a Sapphire HD4670 Arctic Cooling 1GB in the other. Great cards, and they come with case stickers.

If only my local store still stocked the original 5770 (non-egg shaped) I'd definitely go for Sapphire. Sadly all other brands have moved on to the egg cooler, and Asus was the only one left with the original coolers, so I went with that. No case badge though. :swearing:

·
Man with Fans
7,746 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tatakai All View Post
Definitely missing my 4890, but can't wait to get my 5870 or 5970 which will definitely be a Sapphire.

Holy crap, is that an illuminated Sapphire logo?

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
I'll have a 5770 or better someday...

Currently have a 3870 with 512MB of vram. Awesome card. My friend says I have no need to upgrade, but that's not exactly the point of my computer. I designed it so I COULD upgrade!!!! Wow, that went off topic!

·
Premium Member
4,727 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BenRK
View Post

I'll have a 5770 or better someday...

Currently have a 3870 with 512MB of vram. Awesome card. My friend says I have no need to upgrade, but that's not exactly the point of my computer. I designed it so I COULD upgrade!!!! Wow, that went off topic!

Do you have the Sapphire single slot / low profile version?

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by PathOfTheRighteousMan
View Post

cool, im gonna try that with my one if there's enough room for an led on my card.

The 4890 Vapor-X came standard with the LED lit logo.

41 - 60 of 1030 Posts