Overclock.net banner

15561 - 15580 of 16580 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
This higher tRFC is standard for Micron B-die; it's really only Samsung B-die that can push much lower. See chart below.
My PC will intermittently freeze if I attempt even 650. I could test down to 660 or so, but I don't really feel like squeezing every little bit out of it.

View attachment 2466468
Weird, my rev e does 621 at 4137 with trefi maxed. Getting slightly higher bandwidth than yours at 4137 cl17. Identical latency.

4137cl17.png

·
Registered
87 Posts
Just picked up my first B-Die kit, team group xtreeme 4133C18. Was hoping to verify the chip via thaiphoon burner but I can't get the dang program to open. Just shows as running under details in task manager.

What I've tried so far after an exhaustingly long search: -disable windows defender, -add to exclusion list, -clean boot (disable all startup, no essential programs), -safe boot (gui actually shows but won't run read due to safe mode privileges, -bcdedit -debug off (someone suggested).

I've had this problem in the past and could never get my head around it. I've only had success getting the thaiphoon burner gui to open after a complete fresh install of windows, and it would only open once then continue to just run in the background with no gui. The only thing I can think of is windows defender is still blocking the kernel mode driver even though I disabled real time protection. I'm thinking I might have to install a different AV program that can actually be fully disabled.

I'm really at a loss at this point, there's really not too many resources available.

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Just picked up my first B-Die kit, team group xtreeme 4133C18. Was hoping to verify the chip via thaiphoon burner but I can't get the dang program to open. Just shows as running under details in task manager.

What I've tried so far after an exhaustingly long search: -disable windows defender, -add to exclusion list, -clean boot (disable all startup, no essential programs), -safe boot (gui actually shows but won't run read due to safe mode privileges, -bcdedit -debug off (someone suggested).

I've had this problem in the past and could never get my head around it. I've only had success getting the thaiphoon burner gui to open after a complete fresh install of windows, and it would only open once then continue to just run in the background with no gui. The only thing I can think of is windows defender is still blocking the kernel mode driver even though I disabled real time protection. I'm thinking I might have to install a different AV program that can actually be fully disabled.

I'm really at a loss at this point, there's really not too many resources available.
Try an older version. That fixed it for me.

Edit: Also whitelist it in Windows Defender, add an exemption for it.

Second edit: Go to PC Settings, Recovery, Advanced Startup and boot with Driver Signature Enforcement Disabled.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Try an older version. That fixed it for me.

Edit: Also whitelist it in Windows Defender, add an exemption for it.
If you're still running an older build, any chance you could upload a copy? I'm a little leery downloading from certain sites and it doesn't seem like thaiphoon burner has older versions on their site. However, so far it seems to be running like a b-die, probably not anything to worry over. Was just curious the chip was AO or A1.

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
If you're still running an older build, any chance you could upload a copy? I'm a little leery downloading from certain sites and it doesn't seem like thaiphoon burner has older versions on their site. However, so far it seems to be running like a b-die, probably not anything to worry over. Was just curious the chip was AO or A1.
I might have an older version at home, but not 100% sure. I might have upgraded recently and deleted the older version as it works fine for me. I'll check when I get home from work in four hours or so.

• Rep+
Reactions: sixty9sublime

·
Registered
644 Posts
This higher tRFC is standard for Micron B-die; it's really only Samsung B-die that can push much lower. See chart below.
My PC will intermittently freeze if I attempt even 650. I could test down to 660 or so, but I don't really feel like squeezing every little bit out of it.

View attachment 2466468
Micron 16Gbit die can run at lower RFC, like 290ns, below 1.6V. Some examples like 4800 18-23-45-720 or 4600 18-21-42-670.

But your result is good enough for a Z390 4DIMM board.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Weird, my rev e does 621 at 4137 with trefi maxed. Getting slightly higher bandwidth than yours at 4137 cl17. Identical latency.

View attachment 2466472
If I push 4.85 GHz for my cache clock, I can net about an extra 1 GB/s on both Read and Copy and also drop my latency by another 2~3 ns, but at the cost of added WHEA errors and occasional memory test errors. System runs fine, just not optimal. The thing is, I capped off my CPU at 1.38V Vcore. I don't want to push Vcore beyond that, so I cannot 100% stabilize cache above 4.75 GHz. Thus, I toned it down.

As for tRFC, I tested it stable at 650, but the PC would hard freeze after a few hours. Doesn't seem to like that setting. Hence, I dialed it back up to 700 and never bothered to test anything else in between. But this was a while back before I pushed beyond 1.5V VDIMM, so maybe I'll test lowering tRFC again later, I guess.

Micron 16Gbit die can run at lower RFC, like 290ns, below 1.6V. Some examples like 4800 18-23-45-720 or 4600 18-21-42-670.

But your result is good enough for a Z390 4DIMM board.
Yeah, I'm not sure. My PC doesn't like it at 650 already. Based on the chart, 290ns would be roughly 600 tRFC, which seems like a huge drop from where I am.
I can test it again now that I set a higher VDIMM, but I can't imagine it being stable at that value, haha

·
Just hangin' out
1,274 Posts
1.8VCore? Liquid helium?

·
Registered
784 Posts
If I push 4.85 GHz for my cache clock, I can net about an extra 1 GB/s on both Read and Copy and also drop my latency by another 2~3 ns, but at the cost of added WHEA errors and occasional memory test errors. System runs fine, just not optimal. The thing is, I capped off my CPU at 1.38V Vcore. I don't want to push Vcore beyond that, so I cannot 100% stabilize cache above 4.75 GHz. Thus, I toned it down.

As for tRFC, I tested it stable at 650, but the PC would hard freeze after a few hours. Doesn't seem to like that setting. Hence, I dialed it back up to 700 and never bothered to test anything else in between. But this was a while back before I pushed beyond 1.5V VDIMM, so maybe I'll test lowering tRFC again later, I guess.

Yeah, I'm not sure. My PC doesn't like it at 650 already. Based on the chart, 290ns would be roughly 600 tRFC, which seems like a huge drop from where I am.
I can test it again now that I set a higher VDIMM, but I can't imagine it being stable at that value, haha
Might be your vcore or imc voltages. I had that issue where I’d get errors after 2 hours when trfc was below 320ns when my vccio was too low.

Side question, does anyone know what dllwben does exactly? I get errors with 0 but 1 is stable overnight.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Greeting, fine people of overclock.net
I think i am a total noob at computer......
If someone here have time and do not mind, can anyone please give me guidance?

Is it stable to use a Ram that is not listed in QVL? I've read that some of them encounter bsod, system instability, and inability to even boot their pc after using Non-QVL memory

I plan to build a pc by using Asus Maximus XII Hero Motherboard

---Gskill DDR4 TridentZ Royal PC28800 16GB (2x8GB) - F4-3600C16D-16GTRG----

This ram is listed as QVL in (GSKILL website) for Maximus XII hero, but in (ASUS MAXIMUS HERO XII site) this ram is not listed in QVL

1. Is it possible to use this ram?

2. It is possible to use quad channel on it? or will it not work because of daisy chain?

3. Any recommendation of Ram for Asus Maximus XII Hero Motherboard?

4. Is (TEAMGROUP Memory DDR4 XTREEM ARGB Gaming 2x8GB 4000Mhz) stable to be used for 24/7? because the price cut is really good?

5. Is it possible to use quad channel with TEAM ram mentioned above?

Thanks you for your attention...
I wish you all the best mate..

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Greeting, fine people of overclock.net
I think i am a total noob at computer......
If someone here have time and do not mind, can anyone please give me guidance?

Is it stable to use a Ram that is not listed in QVL? I've read that some of them encounter bsod, system instability, and inability to even boot their pc after using Non-QVL memory

I plan to build a pc by using Asus Maximus XII Hero Motherboard

---Gskill DDR4 TridentZ Royal PC28800 16GB (2x8GB) - F4-3600C16D-16GTRG----

This ram is listed as QVL in (GSKILL website) for Maximus XII hero, but in (ASUS MAXIMUS HERO XII site) this ram is not listed in QVL

1. Is it possible to use this ram?

2. It is possible to use quad channel on it? or will it not work because of daisy chain?

3. Any recommendation of Ram for Asus Maximus XII Hero Motherboard?

4. Is (TEAMGROUP Memory DDR4 XTREEM ARGB Gaming 2x8GB 4000Mhz) stable to be used for 24/7? because the price cut is really good?

5. Is it possible to use quad channel with TEAM ram mentioned above?

Thanks you for your attention...
I wish you all the best mate..
The ram you posted is good for that board (y)
If you want cheaper you might consider some Ripjaws V if you don't need the lights
Better to stay with 2 sticks of ram for the reasons you mentioned
Are you going to overclock the ram or run XMP?
What CPU will you use?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Oh my god... thank you for your fast response mate...
Wow, Ripjaws V looks great and it's a B-DIE, should i go for Ripjaws 3200 or 3600? Thanks.. RGB doesn't increase the fps right? haha
Okay then, im gonna stay with 2 sticks of ram

The only thing i know is activating XMP profile, i do not understand on how to overclock ram using voltage and timing..... because i see there are lots of variable people doing it... my brain gonna explode seeing people configuring voltage and timing for 24/7 usage... hahaha

I plan to use 10900k with Corsair Hydro H100 AIO cooler

So, it's true that QVL Memory does not matter? i see lots of people say that

I've read lots of comment regarding 4000mhz overclock for ram...
Some of them said that 4000mhz does not make any difference in daily use, but some of them said that it was a life changing experience in daily use (opening programs become very fast and the latency dropped a lot)

Which one is true? haha

Sorry if i ask too much question, because i am living in a 3rd world country and there is no return policy or refund here...
If a person buy an incompatible stuff, they cannot return it for whatever the reason...

Thank you very much munternet, i really appreciate it...
I hope your kindness, will be repaid million times.....

·
Registered
409 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Might be your vcore or imc voltages. I had that issue where I’d get errors after 2 hours when trfc was below 320ns when my vccio was too low.
Actually, this might be possible. I lowered VCCIO from 1.27V to 1.23V a while back (since it wasn't necessary to be stable at what I have now), and I tried to test tRFC @ 680 just now. Wouldn't even POST. Doubt Vcore has anything to do with it as I've only increased it since I started overclocking the core, cache and BCLK.

Does anyone have an idea for what is considered the max VCCIO to test? There are so many conflicting reports out there that I have no idea what is safe to test up to anymore. As well, if my ASUS BIOS shows a red warning when I set VDIMM to 1.65V or higher, is there any danger to the CPU/motherboard or is that just a warning not to push RAM too hard? I have a golden Micron B-die that doesn't mind the voltage I've been pumping into it so far (1.63V), but I'm reluctant to test higher.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Actually, this might be possible. I lowered VCCIO from 1.27V to 1.23V a while back (since it wasn't necessary to be stable at what I have now), and I tried to test tRFC @ 680 just now. Wouldn't even POST. Doubt Vcore has anything to do with it as I've only increased it since I started overclocking the core, cache and BCLK.

Does anyone have an idea for what is considered the max VCCIO to test? There are so many conflicting reports out there that I have no idea what is safe to test up to anymore. As well, if my ASUS BIOS shows a red warning when I set VDIMM to 1.65V or higher, is there any danger to the CPU/motherboard or is that just a warning not to push RAM too hard? I have a golden Micron B-die that doesn't mind the voltage I've been pumping into it so far (1.63V), but I'm reluctant to test higher.
General consensus seems to be around 1.35-1.45v max for both IO and SA. I personally don’t want to go over 1.4v.

1.65 vdimm for daily seems pretty high tbh. If you can cool it then it’s fine I guess.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Asus bios 0901, txp and ppd exposed but no auto value shown on the left. Tcke at 0 is no longer stable versus 0707. System either restarts or locks up hard.

Txp and tcke are apparently linked to ppd, so that might be the cause.

Could also be higher imc voltages needed. Increasing vdimm/vtt makes things worse.

·
Optimal Pessimist
2,892 Posts
Asus bios 0901, txp and ppd exposed but no auto value shown on the left. Tcke at 0 is no longer stable versus 0707. System either restarts or locks up hard.

Txp and tcke are apparently linked to ppd, so that might be the cause.

Could also be higher imc voltages needed. Increasing vdimm/vtt makes things worse.
PPD = 0 turns off RAM power savings so then TXP (and I believe tCKE) are no longer relevant. Have you tried PPD = 0? It gives the best boost in latency,

15561 - 15580 of 16580 Posts