Overclock.net banner
17801 - 17820 of 18042 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Very nice kit. Have you been able to boot 4800C17?
The Limit of my imc with "normal" voltages are arround 4770mhz.perhaps its possible in Winter with cold temp.But im sure that the Kit can do this.
It can also boot mode2 correct up to 4400mhz, able is 4500.

@YaqY
Yes that is not so good, but test it without subs how much you need.Only CL16-16.
My old kit needs 1,36V for boot and 1,37V for memtest that is really good.

·
Registered
64 Posts
P.s.
min. Win Boot voltage for compare with 4000CL16-16.
That's such a great bin. So 4000 16-16-16-36 1.40V is nothing special, I can boot 1.37V, but BSOD when running stress test, 1.38V 1,5min, 1.39V 6min, 1.40V stable 20h+.
By my experience board difference gives up to 0.03V, but 1.325V is still great even in that case, I think mine would boot 1.34V on the best board.

·
Registered
313 Posts
That's such a great bin. So 4000 16-16-16-36 1.40V is nothing special, I can boot 1.37V, but BSOD when running stress test, 1.38V 1,5min, 1.39V 6min, 1.40V stable 20h+.
By my experience board difference gives up to 0.03V, but 1.325V is still great even in that case, I think mine would boot 1.34V on the best board.
I think for the price the bin is really great, under 300,- as ripjaw is a very good price, you can be lucky and have a kit that is much better but not worse as your result,
remember i have said i had also a 3200CL14 kit wasn´t able to do [email protected],5V over 3600Mhz, need´s CL16-17/CL16-18 to scale.
And the 3200c14-14 cost 240,-.

If you want the really best chip what is possible only 4000C14 has it, but there you have also the problem you need 2 equal Sticks and that has perhaps every 3-5Kit or more.
i dont know it, it´s luck.Don´t forget Vdimm is not all.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I notice some weird behavior from my mobo/BIOS in which clearing the CMOS corrects it. Today I re-ran OCCT SEE memory test and it errored within minutes on the same memory OC that previously passed. I spent the whole day trying to work it out. Then I decided to clear the CMOS and reload my ram OC BIOS profile. After that my memory OC passes OCCT SEE 30 mins....

Can @shamino1978 comment on this? BIOS 0909 XIII Hero.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I notice some weird behavior from my mobo/BIOS in which clearing the CMOS corrects it. Today I re-ran OCCT SEE memory test and it errored within minutes on the same memory OC that previously passed. I spent the whole day trying to work it out. Then I decided to clear the CMOS and reload my ram OC BIOS profile. After that my memory OC passes OCCT SEE 30 mins....

Probably bitlines trained different After cmos Reset.

·
Registered
10700K/XII Apex/2x16 3200C14 G.Skill Bdie/RTX 2080
249 Posts

I test my daily memory overclocks with gsat and reboot 2-3 times with mch fullcheck enable and mrc fast kit disable if I can’t pass these gsat runs it is not daily stable.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I test my daily memory overclocks with gsat and reboot 2-3 times with mch fullcheck enable and mrc fast kit disable if I can’t pass these gsat runs it is not daily stable.
stressapptest/stressapptest Is this gsat? What is good about it? Is it a quick test?

·
Registered
674 Posts
I find it quite strong for testing memory stability. Use it along a memory stress test also like karhu+tm5+hci, it seems quite sensitive to proper skews etc.
How do you install in on Windows? What does MCH full check do? Is MRC fast kit the same as MRC fast boot? Why do you have MRC fast kit disabled?

·
Registered
674 Posts

·
Registered
10700K/XII Apex/2x16 3200C14 G.Skill Bdie/RTX 2080
249 Posts
How do you install in on Windows? What does MCH full check do? Is MRC fast kit the same as MRC fast boot? Why do you have MRC fast kit disabled?
MRC fastboot disabled means ram will train fully every boot, if you cant train clean every boot then its not worth to daily so i keep it disabled. MCH fullcheck seems to be a harder training routine, if it is unstable it will hit 55 post code.

"MCH Full check will retrain DIMMs a number of times instead of not mapping them to the OS if they are not fully stable during POST. The POST routines send over 1000 write/read ops to the DIMMs. If the DRAM is not 100% stable during that process the board will restart training repeatedly until they are, with the MCH reccheck option enabled. If MCH recheck is disabled and a DIMM is unstable it will be dropped or POST will halt."

·
Registered
313 Posts
stressapptest/stressapptest Is this gsat? What is good about it? Is it a quick test?
It test more the comunikation between cpu/ram, it´s no memtest!!!, you must test karhu/memtest seperat.
GSat is important to test stability if you drive higher frequency, then it´s the most difficult to get this test really stable every boot, that is the reason why i set the slope´s.

In reality for 24/7 if you are memtest stable, have enough VCore for OCCT and your are only the first few minute´s every boot gsat stable, it´s will be enough
that you never get any problem´s.
Best case in high frequency is with slope´s full stable,like i do.

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
22,093 Posts
figured out how change RTLs without the board flat out refusing to boot, seems like a BIOS bug.

I've gotta change the frequency (up or down) when I change them, then when it POSTs I can go back into the BIOS and put the frequency back to 4200.

¯\(ツ)

·
Registered
252 Posts
@The Pook

It's not very good.

tRAS = 35
tWRPRE = 30
tRDPRE = 6
tRRD_L = 6
tRFC = auto?
tWRRD_sg = 26
tWRRD_dg = 22
tCKE = auto (PPD = 0, tXP = 4)
tRDRD_sg = 6 / training 6
tRDRD_dg = 4 / training 4
tWRWR_sg = 6
tWRWR_dg = 4

tRDWR_sg / dg / dr = 11 or 12 all, tRDWR_dd = 0

tRDRD_dr / dd = 5/0 + tWRRD_dr / dd = tRDRD_dr / dd = 5/0

tWRWR_dr / dd = 7/0

tREFI best 65024.

Try it.

RTL auto and attach a screenshot. I will help.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
@The Pook

It's not very good.

tRAS = 35
tWRPRE = 30
tRDPRE = 6
tRRD_L = 6
tRFC = auto?
tWRRD_sg = 26
tWRRD_dg = 22
tCKE = auto (PPD = 0, tXP = 4)
tRDRD_sg = 6 / training 6
tRDRD_dg = 4 / training 4
tWRWR_sg = 6
tWRWR_dg = 4

tRDWR_sg / dg / dr = 11 or 12 all, tRDWR_dd = 0

tRDRD_dr / dd = 5/0 + tWRRD_dr / dd = tRDRD_dr / dd = 5/0

tWRWR_dr / dd = 7/0

tREFI best 65024.

Try it.

RTL auto and attach a screenshot. I will help.
Can you give me some insights too on my OC? It's currently stable, so I'm looking to improve it (can't lower tWRRD_sg to 28 or less, it results in tWTR_L at 7 and it doesn't even post):

17801 - 17820 of 18042 Posts