Overclock.net banner
4661 - 4680 of 4871 Posts

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
I've read thru some of the thread (mostly the most recent stuff) but it is at 233 pages long at this point. Noted some voltages people say to adjust VDD and VDDQ to 1.4 but thats the stock voltage for this kit with xmp so wasn't sure what to adjust from there.
I didn't realize the issue was with the boards, I thought it was a quad stick issue not a quad slot issue.

I've stress tested with tm5 and aida. Also noticed that if I try to adjust the frequency to 6300 it just runs at 6200.
View attachment 2560251

I'd appreciate any advice for tweaking to get some better performance with this setup.
ill post you up my secondaries and teriaries in just a bit... see if you can copy/paste them to bring down your latency into the 50s

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you have that stable then you are already doing well.
What has XMP set SA and VDD2 voltages to?
I need to set 1.36 VDD2 for 6200 and 1.39 for 6400 Too much can also be unstable.
SA is always somewhere around 1.15 for me.
According to HWInfo looks like VCCSA is running at 1.35, and VDD2 is also 1.4
Is there a tool that supports dumping the ddr5 xmp profiles? I couldn't find vdd2/sa on the xmp sheet in the gigabyte spd setup page

ill post you up my secondaries and teriaries in just a bit... see if you can copy/paste them to bring down your latency into the 50s
Thanks, would appreciate it.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
put SA @ 1.15v. You have no need to run SA that high. BRB with other settings for you

·
Registered
133 Posts
why is Ycruncher that slow? On my stock 12900k running ddr4 @ 3900 (62k AIDA, 42ns) it’s already 78. Are u throthling?
Disabled ecores :) I also only ran YC to check for stability. With ecores and full tune on, I did pretty okay.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
According to HWInfo looks like VCCSA is running at 1.35, and VDD2 is also 1.4
Is there a tool that supports dumping the ddr5 xmp profiles? I couldn't find vdd2/sa on the xmp sheet in the gigabyte spd setup page

Thanks, would appreciate it.
copy these secondary/tertiary timings. Obviously dont set 1.5v for the voltages and ram speed of 6808 you wont be able to copy with a 4 dimmer without 57463 hours of pulling your hair out. so maybe this will help you out and get your latency into an area that makes sense. Also, we are using the same Ram I think. Didnt you say Gskill 6400 CL32 earlier? Thats what I have here

*EDIT Also, DO NOT ENTER 1'S IN YOUR BIOS WHERE YOU SEE I HAVE 1'S!! That will be a no beuno for you. Leave those on auto for you

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
@AdamKelly this is my 24/7 settings, VDD / VDDQ set at 1.45v gives me 1.40v solid under load.
If you're stable with XMP set down to 6200 maybe try working down timings to something like this.
Font Screenshot Software Parallel Rectangle

Don't just throw all those in there at once. Work your way through one group at a time and test so you know what's giving the errors when you get them.
I see @newls1 has given you some ideas too

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Can we please talk about tWRWR_SG timing @opt33 ..... Im @ 22. Where is a safe but better performing number to set this @?

Attachments

·
Registered
310 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
@AdamKelly this is my 24/7 settings, VDD / VDDQ set at 1.45v gives me 1.40v solid under load.
If you're stable with XMP set down to 6200 maybe try working down timings to something like this.
View attachment 2560257
Don't just throw all those in there at once. Work your way through one group at a time and test so you know what's giving the errors when you get them.
I see @newls1 has given you some ideas too
How are you adjusting tWR to be so low? On the master advanced config, the lowest option is 48.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
How are you adjusting tWR to be so low? On the master advanced config, the lowest option is 48.
learning from @opt33, tWRPRE and tWRPDEN sets twr. so leave twr on auto and set those 2 settings to 62/62 and see where twr lands

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
FYI, G.Skill F5-6600J3440G16GX2-TZ5RK just came into stock at Newegg, just grabbed a set for myself. I've lurked here for awhile now and must say I really appreciate the contributions from many here, and I just might be looking for a bit of assistance eventually in getting this 6600 to 7k (y)

• Rep+
Reactions: z390e

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Can we please talk about tWRWR_SG timing @opt33 ..... Im @ 22. Where is a safe but better performing number to set this @?
what is the policy for this setting? How do I know where to start lowering this? I see most people are running this @ 9 or 13 but these are all on asus boards, not sure if I can follow that on my unify x. @opt33 where are you setting this at and what does this effect, is it Latency or Bandwidth? Thank you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
[CITAZIONE="adna, posta: 28917255, membro: 644937"]
se vuoi vedere il chip Micron a 6000 MHz. (lo stesso che voglio)
nel mio caso. può avviare e utilizzare join web/forums.,.. ma non può passare tm5 senza errori
ps. [email protected] | [email protected] | [email protected] il mio set sembra stabile
[ALLEGARE=completo]2539398[/ALLEGARE]
[ALLEGARE=completo]2539399[/ALLEGARE]
[/CITAZIONE]
[CITAZIONE="adna, post: 28917255, membro: 644937"]
se vuoi vedere il chip Micron a 6000 MHz. (lo stesso che voglio)
nel mio caso. può avviare e utilizzare join web/forums.,.. ma non può passare tm5 senza errori
ps. [email protected] | [email protected] | [email protected] il mio set sembra stabile
View attachment 2539398
View attachment 2539399
[/CITAZIONE]
Ho un kit corsair 4800mhz e sono arrivato a 5400 cl 34 39 39 44 e ho impostato 1.4 v su vdd e vddq, anche se con voltaggi più bassi dovrebbe funzionare comunque secondo voi posso migliorare? ho visto che hai raggiunto 6000 mhz con micron. come scheda madre ho una z690 aorus pro. Grazie in anticipo e scusate per la traduzione, ho usato google traduttore

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
what is the policy for this setting? How do I know where to start lowering this? I see most people are running this @ 9 or 13 but these are all on asus boards, not sure if I can follow that on my unify x. @opt33 where are you setting this at and what does this effect, is it Latency or Bandwidth? Thank you!
Just got home and tried "12" for tWRWR_SG (was 22) and gained about 1.5gb/s on write speed it looks like. Everything else stayed within variance. Guess it was worth the change.

• Rep+
Reactions: opt33

·
Premium Member
Rig in the signature
422 Posts
Just got home and tried "12" for tWRWR_SG (was 22) and gained about 1.5gb/s on write speed it looks like. Everything else stayed within variance. Guess it was worth the change.
Try 9. Lowest it can go. In my testing this one is stable if it POSTs. No issues up to 6800 with it.

• Rep+
Reactions: newls1

·
Premium Member
2,307 Posts
What is the weakest ddr5 IMC you guys have seen? I just got a 12900k and I can only get it to boot 6400.

I have tested 2 12900KF and 1 12900KS in same MB and memory can do 7000c32 Karhu, y cruncher etc stable and boot 7400.

I didnt know there was that much variance on ddr5 IMC. I still need to test each channel as maybe 1 is better, just surprised to see such variance from my other CPUs.

The ddr4 IMC is not that great either.

Edit MB 2022 Apex and Gskill 6400.

Edit 2 Flashed lastest bios 1503 and so far posting @7400.

Edit 3 I figured it out this CPU is very picky about vdd/vddq compared to the 3 other cpus I have. Need to set lower voltages or wont even boot. Is stable at same setting/timings 7000c32 but needs lower vdd/vddq 1.55v vs other cpus needed 1.6/1.55.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Try 9. Lowest it can go. In my testing this one is stable if it POSTs. No issues up to 6800 with it.
will give it a go in a little bit sir. Already shut that pc down and working on notebook now. Ill report back with my findings. thank you

• Rep+
Reactions: 7empe

·
Registered
310 Posts
So, tomorrow my MEG Unify X and G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB F5-6400J3239G16GX2-TZ5RK arrives.
very curious moving from config in my sig to this setup. I hope for at least 6800, maybe 7k, being 110k aida read, <50ns….

I got 64k read @ 43ns out of the 4 viper steel sticks, burning another 1.2k€ I expect something special :D

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
I thought of that as well, but I had the memory at defaults for the CPU binning test I use.

Here is the breakdown:

Apex:

5.5/4.3 1.261v (1.32 set in bios, llc7) vcore under load.

Dark Kingpin:

5.4/4.3 1.3v vcore under load, (-25% droop)
5.5/4.3 won’t pass even at 1.385v under load.

Same test, same CPU, same cooling, same core temps, same memory running at the same speeds.

The Dark kingpin just requires a lot more cpu core voltage to be stable. I am sure it is an awesome board for running cold; but for a daily use ambient board, not so much. It just does not overclock the CPU anywhere near as well as the Z690 Apex.

Which is fine. It runs memory well, and is a really well made board; That said when Asus said they couldn’t replace my Apex because they were not making them anymore, I should have just purchased an Unfi-X. The Dark Kingpin isn’t worth the money unless you plan on using it exclusively for LN2.

EDIT: 7000C30 1T timings and AIDA @jomama22

Mem VDD/VDDQ: 1.53v
CPU VDDQ (VDDQ TX / IVR on Asus): 1.35v
VDD2 (MC on Asus): Auto (matches Mem VDD, so 1.53v)
SA: Auto (0.943v)

View attachment 2559795
Testing on my Dark hasn't seen any reduction in core clocks. Added direct die and now run 5.6 @ 1.34v 70C package temp. I'll have benches up soon enough.

4661 - 4680 of 4871 Posts