Overclock.net banner
4681 - 4700 of 4871 Posts

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
So, tomorrow my MEG Unify X and G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB F5-6400J3239G16GX2-TZ5RK arrives.
very curious moving from config in my sig to this setup. I hope for at least 6800, maybe 7k, being 110k aida read, <50ns….

I got 64k read @ 43ns out of the 4 viper steel sticks, burning another 1.2k€ I expect something special :D
DDR5 is a whole new learning curve. I to went from DDR4 to DDR5 recently and yes, im very glad I did, but jesus I had to ask a million questions here and piss several people off with my questions but in the end it was worth it. You will ABSOLUTLEY LOVE the Unify X and GSkill Combo... exactly what I have! If you need anything, holla back

• Rep+
Reactions: Raphie

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
error 404

·
Premium Member
2,504 Posts
Just got home and tried "12" for tWRWR_SG (was 22) and gained about 1.5gb/s on write speed it looks like. Everything else stayed within variance. Guess it was worth the change.
yeah, you are at the point where going lower will be trial and error with your particular components/voltages.

• Rep+
Reactions: newls1

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
I've got G.Skill 6600 on the way for delivery tomorrow, I'm curious from those of you using the 6400 which is the same voltage, 1.40v what are your temps at XMP, MemTest runs? I'm currently running the 5600 (PC specs in my sig) and run it at 1.25v at XMP1/2 at total stability, temps at MemTest load in low 40s, low 30's in games.

·
Registered
310 Posts
DDR5 is a whole new learning curve. I to went from DDR4 to DDR5 recently and yes, im very glad I did, but jesus I had to ask a million questions here and piss several people off with my questions but in the end it was worth it. You will ABSOLUTLEY LOVE the Unify X and GSkill Combo... exactly what I have! If you need anything, holla back
ThnX, Dragonball settings would be nice 😇

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've got G.Skill 6600 on the way for delivery tomorrow, I'm curious from those of you using the 6400 which is the same voltage, 1.40v what are your temps at XMP, MemTest runs? I'm currently running the 5600 (PC specs in my sig) and run it at 1.25v at XMP1/2 at total stability, temps at MemTest load in low 40s, low 30's in games.
Karhu 24 hours run @ 6200-30-39-39-71 1.435V. Stick A 51.5°C , Stick B 48.8°C. Air cooled CPU. No active cooling on memory.
Computer Azure Rectangle Font Software

·
Registered
Z690 AORUS ULTRA - Core i9-12900k -Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5-5600 2X16 GB - GIGABYTE RTX 3070T
30 Posts
Any1 here with Corsair Dominator Platinum 5600 2x16 GB (acc.to UEFI it's Samsung). XMP works fine, but when I try to set anything else manually it doesn't even post. I have AORUS Ultra (I believe that's an issue :D ) Do you guys have any suggestion where to start on this AORUS board to make it even post?
I tried many things, but doesn't seem to work..

·
Registered
310 Posts
Got my system assembled last night and after some initial quirks it’s now running 6600Mhz as the first clock. I need some Dragonball settings to get me going for 7000Mhz.
the other issue is that the Unfiny X board is useless for my RME Madi FX card, all the covered panels are too high for the card to be seated properly :( So I will need an external PCIe to USB3 enclosure for that.
But further everything is looking good so far.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi Guys, building my sffpc and I have already minitix ASUS ROG STRIX B660-I GAMING WIFI DDR5 motherboard and need to decide on 2x16 ddr5 kit.

I would like to pull a trigger and get G.Skill F5-6000J4040F16GX2-TZ5RK as they are lot cheaper in my country than 6400 CL32 . I wonder if it will be a good choice? Are this Samsung or Hynix?

or maybe better stick with Fury beast 6000 CL40... (KF560C40BBK2-32) which are 100% Hynix as i read here ?
Thx

·
Registered
567 Posts
Hi Guys, building my sffpc and I have already minitix ASUS ROG STRIX B660-I GAMING WIFI DDR5 motherboard and need to decide on 2x16 ddr5 kit.

I would like to pull a trigger and get G.Skill F5-6000J4040F16GX2-TZ5RK as they are lot cheaper in my country than 6400 CL32 . I wonder if it will be a good choice? Are this Samsung or Hynix?

or maybe better stick with Fury beast 6000 CL40... (KF560C40BBK2-32) which are 100% Hynix as i read here ?
Thx
So far the 6000 kits are Hynix, the 5600 kits recent batches since early this year are all now Samsung. Just double confirm looking at the code on the package. ETHH is Hynix. No issues running 6800C32. Probably can go 7000 stable but wanted to keep my voltage at 1.5V. And it runs alot cooler compared to even the G.Skill 6400C32 kit. I have both.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Hey guys back again , i am having a lot of instability issues with my gskill Z5's 6000mhz 40cas , on some boots i am stable and others right away completely unstable , they need to go cooler , i was trying to get on my hands on this heatsinks : https://bartxstore.com/shop/custom-ram-copper-heatsinks-for-ddr5-ddr4/
as i was been told from here guys that they are awsome but its impossible to find , i am waiting months...

I was thinking to just go ek monarchs + corsair ram aircooler , what will i need in order to properly fit the monarchs so i can order everything together?

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Hey guys back again , i am having a lot of instability issues with my gskill Z5's 6000mhz 40cas , on some boots i am stable and others right away completely unstable , they need to go cooler , i was trying to get on my hands on this heatsinks : https://bartxstore.com/shop/custom-ram-copper-heatsinks-for-ddr5-ddr4/
as i was been told from here guys that they are awsome but its impossible to find , i am waiting months...

I was thinking to just go ek monarchs + corsair ram aircooler , what will i need in order to properly fit the monarchs so i can order everything together?
why do not simply sell the **** and get some good kit?

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
So far the 6000 kits are Hynix, the 5600 kits recent batches since early this year are all now Samsung. Just double confirm looking at the code on the package. ETHH is Hynix. No issues running 6800C32. Probably can go 7000 stable but wanted to keep my voltage at 1.5V. And it runs alot cooler compared to even the G.Skill 6400C32 kit. I have both.
seriously? the Kingston fury heatsink is way too thinner than gskill z5 and adata xpg lancer.

·
Registered
621 Posts
why do not simply sell the **** and get some good kit?
i would like to but i paid a lot for these at launch and selling them will lose value + cant seem to find a lot better modules at the same price , so i though its better to slap some good cooling throw a lot voltage and do whatever they best can until better kits comes out.
Right now they are hitting 80s under stress tests , their heatsing is pure junk.

·
Registered
82 Posts
i would like to but i paid a lot for these at launch and selling them will lose value + cant seem to find a lot better modules at the same price , so i though its better to slap some good cooling throw a lot voltage and do whatever they best can until better kits comes out.
Right now they are hitting 80s under stress tests , their heatsing is pure junk.
What is exactly code of Yours ram? Is it F5-6000J4040F16GX2- TZ5RK? what motherboard You are using?

·
Registered
567 Posts
seriously? the Kingston fury heatsink is way too thinner than gskill z5 and adata xpg lancer.
The Kingston Fury heatsinks has a sort of ventilation openings from the top. I also believe the Kingston Fury kits all have thermal pads on the PMIC. That alone is a big difference. I'm actively cooled on mine and my stress testing based on my ambient room temps of 24 degrees (AC) is around 45-47 degrees in TM5 1usmus.

Circuit component Rectangle Passive circuit component Font Hardware programmer

Electronic instrument Electrical wiring Computer hardware Gas Office equipment

• Rep+
  • Love
Reactions: z390e and leonman44

·
Registered
621 Posts
The Kingston Fury heatsinks has a sort of ventilation openings from the top. I also believe the Kingston Fury kits all have thermal pads on the PMIC. That alone is a big difference. I'm actively cooled on mine and my stress testing based on my ambient room temps of 24 degrees (AC) is around 45-47 degrees in TM5 1usmus.

View attachment 2560527
indeed it has but I can also remove the plastic strip for the leds , turn them off and then allow the air to push through the top.
Do you know where I can find the double sided adhesive conductive tape ? I bought a 1.1mm 3m one and my dimms seem to run even hotter than before and they won’t close tight on the top of the sticks.
It should have screws for tight seal and thermal paste/pads for best cooling performance.
[/QUOTE]

4681 - 4700 of 4871 Posts