Overclock.net banner
4701 - 4720 of 4871 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
indeed it has but I can also remove the plastic strip for the leds , turn them off and then allow the air to push through the top.
Do you know where I can find the double sided adhesive conductive tape ? I bought a 1.1mm 3m one and my dimms seem to run even hotter than before and they won’t close tight on the top of the sticks.
It should have screws for tight seal and thermal paste/pads for best cooling performance.
[/QUOTE]

If you're dismantling your sticks, might as well get something like aftermarket like the EK Monarch modules or something like that. That way you can use thermal tape both sides and secure it with screws to ensure its tightened properly. I wouldn't use back the stock heatsinks if you've taken the trouble to open them up.

·
Registered
621 Posts
If you're dismantling your sticks, might as well get something like aftermarket like the EK Monarch modules or something like that. That way you can use thermal tape both sides and secure it with screws to ensure its tightened properly. I wouldn't use back the stock heatsinks if you've taken the trouble to open them up.
Yeah , I did already once and tried to install thermal pads to the pmic but as soon as summer almost came it did little to nothing.

does anyone knows what width of thermal pads will I need for these ? I will get the monarchs even if I have to lose rgd. Then get the Corsair rgb aircooler to replace it.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Yeah , I did already once and tried to install thermal pads to the pmic but as soon as summer almost came it did little to nothing.

does anyone knows what width of thermal pads will I need for these ? I will get the monarchs even if I have to lose rgd. Then get the Corsair rgb aircooler to replace it.
[/QUOTE]

EKWB Monarchs are 0.5mm front and 1.5mm rear last I did it for my DDR4. You'll need active cooling on DDR5 unfortunately if you live in hot climates like myself in Singapore where ambient room temps without ac is already 27 degrees celsius. DDR5 is extremely whacky on temps.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Being on air, I'm looking for something around 6600 1T, which gives me 100k+ on both AIDA R/W/C with about 50-55ns
below is 6400/2T
Heat is important as I use this system as Cubase DAW, and fans need to run as slow as possible.
The 12900K remains stock for now, maybe even undervolt it to prevent further heat build up.

Would that be in reach?, If so, Any suggestions for improvement?

Font Electronic device Screenshot Multimedia Electric blue

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Number

·
Registered
310 Posts
Improving...

Font Screenshot Number

Font Screenshot Electronic device Multimedia Software

Font Rectangle Screenshot Parallel Number

·
Registered
4,140 Posts

EKWB Monarchs are 0.5mm front and 1.5mm rear last I did it for my DDR4. You'll need active cooling on DDR5 unfortunately if you live in hot climates like myself in Singapore where ambient room temps without ac is already 27 degrees celsius. DDR5 is extremely whacky on temps.
[/QUOTE]
Same as ddr4 b-die. Colder is allways better ;)

·
Registered
621 Posts

Same as ddr4 b-die. Colder is allways better ;)
that’s perfect and I already have 0,5mm thermal pads for pmic.

·
Premium Member
2,307 Posts
Being on air, I'm looking for something around 6600 1T, which gives me 100k+ on both AIDA R/W/C with about 50-55ns
below is 6400/2T
Heat is important as I use this system as Cubase DAW, and fans need to run as slow as possible.
The 12900K remains stock for now, maybe even undervolt it to prevent further heat build up.

Would that be in reach?, If so, Any suggestions for improvement?

View attachment 2560546
View attachment 2560545
From what I know on Unify X most run 2t and you will hit around 6800c30. I think 1t does better on Unify itx.

@newls1 @matique @owikh84 are a few I know who run MSI and can tell you more about MSI and ddr5. Or search for their posts and settings.

·
Registered
310 Posts
@bscool ThnX Man. both 6400 and 6600 get me to 58c on the module spd sensors within 10mins of Karhu
Fan is blowing (5,25" 1300rpm, 2nd fan from my D15 Chromax black cooler) But it's not enough.
what temp range should I be aiming for under full load?

·
Premium Member
2,307 Posts
@bscool ThnX Man. both 6400 and 6600 get me to 58c on the module spd sensors within 10mins of Karhu
Fan is blowing (5,25" 1300rpm, 2nd fan from my D15 Chromax black cooler) But it's not enough.
what temp range should I be aiming for under full load?
I have a 120mm Phanteks t30 fan directly at my ddr5 dims so they max out around 48 under memtests/Karhu. I am not sure what temp the are more likely to error on.

What is you vdd/vddq? I think MSI lets you run them lower than Asus. I need in the 1.55 to 1.6v range to run 7000c32 on Apex.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Below runs at 1.38v (completes Y-Cruncher, not yet Karhu tested)
I'm not looking for 1.5v+ as I can't process the heat So looking for the best clock <1.4v
What SA and VDDQ should I be looking for? These are still on AUTO (and probably to high)
Curious ram temp wise, what good does look like under load.

Font Screenshot Electronic device Multimedia Electric blue

·
Registered
75 Posts
Today installed Bitspower DDR5 Heatsinks and 10c temp lower, next Weekend i put water block them because its big project. Need modify Custom Loop pipes, dont have now time.

Added some pics..

G.skill own heatsinks are very bad.. 6400 CL32 mine.

Rectangle Gas Font Metal Fashion accessory

Musical instrument Electronic instrument Gadget Audio equipment Musical instrument accessory

·
Registered
310 Posts
@ 1.388v currently 10mins in Karhu 59.8c (inner slot) 58.5c (outer slot) and beep @ 669% coverage.... :(
Not sure what to do. Voltage or temp?

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
@ 1.388v currently 10mins in Karhu 59.8c (inner slot) 58.5c (outer slot) and beep @ 669% coverage.... :(
Fix temp to under 50c, and try again ;)
60+ and errors starts. For me ut was 65-67c on samsung before errors

·
Premium Member
2,504 Posts
If you put 120mm fan at 1000rpms or 90 mm fan at 1800rpms (both options silent) directly over ram you will drop temps by about 10C. you might be able to raise voltage little higher and achieve stability, but really need fan on ram.
I just made a metal bracket for mine....the small 60mm fans you can buy with brackets only drop temps few C on mine, just dont move enough air.
Electrical wiring Computer hardware Gas Computer case Machine

• Rep+
Reactions: Raphie and z390e

·
Registered
6 Posts
Today installed Bitspower DDR5 Heatsinks and 10c temp lower, next Weekend i put water block them because its big project. Need modify Custom Loop pipes, dont have now time.

Added some pics..

G.skill own heatsinks are very bad.. 6400 CL32 mine.

View attachment 2560570
View attachment 2560571
hello there, what’s the waterblock you plan to use? Does it needs any mods?

thanks

4701 - 4720 of 4871 Posts