Discussion Starter #1

Plan to fix/update OP (Started 3/12/12 Updated 6/11/12):

• Verify Member list
  • Create google doc with member list
  • Create google doc with benchmark results
  • Figure out how to display google docs for ease of use in OP
  • Have fun
  • ALL the DATAS!

I've looked around the forum, and there isn't seem to be a club for Intel SSD owners so I want to start one. Eventually I want to build this thread as a database of ways to improve, diagnose, and tweak Intel's line of SSDs. Also feel free to ask questions about the revolution in hard-drive technology - SSDs. Please remember to also respect all members.

There's only two rules to enter this club:

• Own any of Intel's SSD products (I also welcome 3rd party SSDs with Intel controllers)
  • Must have proof of ownership (like: device manager screenshot, picture of it installed on your machine)

References:

Reviews:

How to join:

If you want to join please post proof you own at least one. Also post configuration (Raid 0,1,5 etc) if applicable. For example:

Quote:
My setup: Intel X-25m 80GB G2

I will then add your name with the drive you own next to your name.

PS:
I will try to update this ASAP, but I do haz family.. Lastly, please if you have a good reference about an article, informative blog, thread or review regarding Intel SSDs please post them here and I'll try to add them to the list! I don't have an Intel SSD, but I'll learn about them the more this thread is maintained, so have fun and see you guys on the flip-side.

Club Sig:
Intel SSD Owner Club

Code:

Code:
[CODE]
[B][URL=http://www.overclock.net/ssd/676125-unofficial-intel-ssd-owners-club.html#post8569544][COLOR=#0860A8]Intel SSD Owner Club[/COLOR][/URL][/B]
[/CODE]

Club members:

Google Docs:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AtyvmRZNbRDudEpjaGVZVVNUSVBmYk5SVWRaajZpQ2c&output=html&widget=true

Originally created by Dream Killer

·

13,036 Posts
I'll join, Thanks.

is this sufficient:

·
Premium Member
7,249 Posts
Count me in! I have the G2 X25-M 80GB. Bought it over a month ago and it is so good that I'm sure never to use a mechanical drive again for OS/games on my main rig

That said, I really wish it gets cheaper soon. The time has come for the HDDs to take a well deserved retirement from performance computers.
LL

·
Registered
270 Posts
Awesome disks

Heres the proof:

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dragosmp View Post
Count me in! I have the G2 X25-M 80GB. Bought it over a month ago and it is so good that I'm sure never to use a mechanical drive again for OS/games on my main rig

That said, I really wish it gets cheaper soon. The time has come for the HDDs to take a well deserved retirement from performance computers.
I don't think mechanical drives will ever retire in the next decade or so. They will always have a storage advantage vs flash technology. I predict what we'll see are the two drives being developed together along with controllers and software in parallel to mask each others weaknesses.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnonUser View Post
Awesome disks

They sure are! I love mine but I find myself counting GBs again. It was something I was happy to get rid of when I started installing 1TB drives. I may have to install another 80GB and RAID-0 them

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retoric View Post
Just got a X25-M 80GB G2 today, apps sure opens fast.
The weakest link in a computer's memory subsystem is always the hard drive. I think it comes second to upgrading RAM on a computer in terms of performance per dollar. I also put an X25-V 40G on a 4 year old laptop and it performs a lot faster in everyday tasks than the newer ones with faster CPUs and more RAM.

·
Registered
9,200 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by b0klau View Post
Count me in, I just literally got mine from ups 5 mins ago.
Did you get your sticker?

·
Banned
652 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragsters View Post
Did you get your sticker?

Yea, I had a picture with it posted but I removed it because it was bigger than the other pictures and I'm too lazy to resize it again

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
Here is my 80GB

·
Registered
9,200 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigblock View Post
I just got number three today, have not even named it yet. I'll be installing it this weekend, I'll take more pics then.

Mike
Love it!

·
Registered
266 Posts
80gb G2 here, also have mine installed in the Icy Dock. Very happy and thinking about going bigger.

When I initially installed it I was blown away at how fast everything installed. By far the best upgrade I made since building this new rig. Still have over 40gb space left after all my apps are installed. Did a few tweaks I found in other threads and all is well.
LL

1 - 20 of 413 Posts