50301 412

Plan to fix/update OP (Started 3/12/12 Updated 6/11/12):

• Verify Member list
  • Create google doc with member list
  • Create google doc with benchmark results
  • Figure out how to display google docs for ease of use in OP
  • Have fun
  • ALL the DATAS!

I've looked around the forum, and there isn't seem to be a club for Intel SSD owners so I want to start one. Eventually I want to build this thread as a database of ways to improve, diagnose, and tweak Intel's line of SSDs. Also feel free to ask questions about the revolution in hard-drive technology - SSDs. Please remember to also respect all members.

There's only two rules to enter this club:

• Own any of Intel's SSD products (I also welcome 3rd party SSDs with Intel controllers)
  • Must have proof of ownership (like: device manager screenshot, picture of it installed on your machine)

References:

Reviews:

How to join:

If you want to join please post proof you own at least one. Also post configuration (Raid 0,1,5 etc) if applicable. For example:

Quote:
My setup: Intel X-25m 80GB G2

I will then add your name with the drive you own next to your name.

PS:
I will try to update this ASAP, but I do haz family.. Lastly, please if you have a good reference about an article, informative blog, thread or review regarding Intel SSDs please post them here and I'll try to add them to the list! I don't have an Intel SSD, but I'll learn about them the more this thread is maintained, so have fun and see you guys on the flip-side.

Club Sig:
Intel SSD Owner Club

Code:

Code:
[CODE]
[B][URL=http://www.overclock.net/ssd/676125-unofficial-intel-ssd-owners-club.html#post8569544][COLOR=#0860A8]Intel SSD Owner Club[/COLOR][/URL][/B]
[/CODE]

Club members:

Google Docs:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AtyvmRZNbRDudEpjaGVZVVNUSVBmYk5SVWRaajZpQ2c&output=html&widget=true

Originally created by Dream Killer
  • Rep+
Reactions: SDH500

How Often do you update your firmware

• Every time a new firmware is released

Votes: 21 84.0%
  • Only when there is a problem

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Never

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 413 Posts

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dragosmp View Post
Count me in! I have the G2 X25-M 80GB. Bought it over a month ago and it is so good that I'm sure never to use a mechanical drive again for OS/games on my main rig

That said, I really wish it gets cheaper soon. The time has come for the HDDs to take a well deserved retirement from performance computers.
I don't think mechanical drives will ever retire in the next decade or so. They will always have a storage advantage vs flash technology. I predict what we'll see are the two drives being developed together along with controllers and software in parallel to mask each others weaknesses.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnonUser View Post
Awesome disks

They sure are! I love mine but I find myself counting GBs again. It was something I was happy to get rid of when I started installing 1TB drives. I may have to install another 80GB and RAID-0 them

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retoric View Post
Just got a X25-M 80GB G2 today, apps sure opens fast.
The weakest link in a computer's memory subsystem is always the hard drive. I think it comes second to upgrading RAM on a computer in terms of performance per dollar. I also put an X25-V 40G on a 4 year old laptop and it performs a lot faster in everyday tasks than the newer ones with faster CPUs and more RAM.

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by b0klau View Post
Count me in, I just literally got mine from ups 5 mins ago.
Did you get your sticker?

·
Premium Member
6,514 Posts
Here is my 80GB

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigblock View Post
I just got number three today, have not even named it yet. I'll be installing it this weekend, I'll take more pics then.

Mike
Love it!

·
Registered
265 Posts
80gb G2 here, also have mine installed in the Icy Dock. Very happy and thinking about going bigger.

When I initially installed it I was blown away at how fast everything installed. By far the best upgrade I made since building this new rig. Still have over 40gb space left after all my apps are installed. Did a few tweaks I found in other threads and all is well.
LL

·
Registered
191 Posts
Three Intel SSD's, RAID 0.
OS still takes about 10 min. to load so I'm probably up against the DVD drive and the rest of my rig. I do things like this just to play around, but for the everyday user I'd say one nice SSD is all that's needed, we'll see how photoshop etc. works out.

Mike
LL
LL
LL

1 - 20 of 413 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.