Overclock.net banner
21 - 40 of 2024 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
I know this is kinda of a random question but how is that G.Skill ram cooler working out for you Thar. I was thinking about picking 1 up as they are pretty cheap, but im worried my sumbeam core contact freezer will block it somehow, it's mounted to vent upwards. How high is it to, cus if its any higher than my Bloodiron northbridge sink, i dont think it'll fit. Also, how are the blue LEDs. Really obvious with a window? I hate blue LEDs, so generic, I'd want to disable them if possible. Thanks mate.

Also, I'll be sure to post lots of pics of my k62 when everything is installed, I think its gona look really sharp, can't wait.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ohthatiswhackk View Post
I know this is kinda of a random question but how is that G.Skill ram cooler working out for you Thar. I was thinking about picking 1 up as they are pretty cheap, but im worried my sumbeam core contact freezer will block it somehow, it's mounted to vent upwards. How high is it to, cus if its any higher than my Bloodiron northbridge sink, i dont think it'll fit. Also, how are the blue LEDs. Really obvious with a window? I hate blue LEDs, so generic, I'd want to disable them if possible. Thanks mate.

My system is out of action for the time being, but when I did a test setup the other day the ram cooler seemed to work really really well. Just touching the ram heat sinks you could feel how cold they where. I dont have any temp screens as full lot of bench tests hasnt been run yet!

In terms of should it block your other heatsink, the cooler covers 6 dimms and sits ~85mm high (from motherboard to top of cooler) when installed. Ive got some pics here of the cooler with the dimensions!

If you can take a few pics of your comp I should be able to make a more accurate prediction!

In regards to the blue LEDs, yeh they are very bright. I personally love them as they go with the rest of the system

Hope this helps ya!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thanks for the help. I decided to take the plunge and just order it. Worst case scenario I end up mounting it a little more to the right because the heatsink is hogging space. Right now my sink covers 1 of 4 dimm slots, so I think it should be able to cool fine if I mount the ram in slots 2 and 4. Since you said it cools so well, I figure its a nice $15 dollar investment that I'll hopefully use for a couple years.

As for the blue LEDs **sigh** they sure are a pain in the ass.
I think they'll have to either get sharpied or painted. I looked at newegg too, and I could always get a more powerful replacement fan with no LEDs for 10-15 shipped if I killed this fan accidentally.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ohthatiswhackk View Post
As for the blue LEDs **sigh** they sure are a pain in the ass.
I think they'll have to either get sharpied or painted. I looked at newegg too, and I could always get a more powerful replacement fan with no LEDs for 10-15 shipped if I killed this fan accidentally.

LOL! You will have to let me know when you start toying with it. I haven't pulled the thing apart yet so it should be a learning experience for all involved

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thar View Post
Start a vote to make Kramer the K-62 mascot? He doesnt really have any opposition though so I guess he would just be appointed

Would Kramer mind Kev_b?
Kramer is thinking about it but I think I can talk him into it if I give him some treats.

·
Banned
11,136 Posts
Im Glad to see you havent completely thrown away your CM Storm Scout. I do love the case but I still need you as my Sergent of Arms.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I seen in the air cooling forum somewhere that I can't find now that there's a black Prolimatech Megahalem, and when ever a can get my hands on one the black one it is going in this case and the silver I have now will replace my CM V8 on my storm, not that I need it because 28 degrees isn't bad, but looks is everything.

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kev_b View Post
I seen in the air cooling forum somewhere that I can't find now that there's a black Prolimatech Megahalem, and when ever a can get my hands on one the black one it is going in this case and the silver I have now will replace my CM V8 on my storm, not that I need it because 28 degrees isn't bad, but looks is everything.

Its the Prolimatech MegaShadow.

Once you go black, you can't go back.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Well, I just finished it. Overall, great case and the quality is excellent. My only problem with it is both my 8pin and 24pin aren't long enough to route behind the motherboard. Ya i know, my 24pin w.t.f, nvr heard of that. I know they sell 8pin extensions, but do they sell 24pin extensions as well ???? I was a little pissed by that whole situation.

Overall though I'm in love, just what I had hoped it would be. Ill upload some pics in a few hours to show u guys what I'm working with. Cable management tips are welcome.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Hell yeah ordered a LL lancool PC-K58. Should be here Monday
:w heee:

Cant belive a case that good/nice is less than $80. no matter how you look at it, it's an all around WIN

And after reading comments and looking at pics of how nice the cable management can be and im uber anxious to get my new i7 set up into the case. Way better than my current Antec 900.

Damn why is Monday so far away

21 - 40 of 2024 Posts