Overclock.net banner
41 - 60 of 2024 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ohthatiswhackk View Post
Ok, not sure how to show pictures directly, so here is a link to all the pictures I uploaded. Sry for the blur in some of them, using a crappy camera.
Great set of pics mate! Sounds like you enjoyed the build for the most part

Ive tagged ya as "Super cool custom fan user" on the honor roll
Let me know if ya want me to swap it dude!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan17z View Post
Hell yeah ordered a LL lancool PC-K58. Should be here Monday
:w heee:

Welcome to the thread mate!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ohthatiswhackk
View Post

how do i add this thread to my sig, I want ppl to know I'm apart of the *official Lancool dragonlord owners thread. what are they even called, tags ??

Click User CP in the bar right @ the top with Quick Links, Home etc.

Click edit signature on the left bar under settings & options, then add the following text:

Code:
Code:
[CODE]
[CENTER]:clock: [URL="http://www.overclock.net/computer-cases/562053-official-lancool-dragonlord-owners-thread.html#post6998009"][SIZE=3][COLOR=Black]*Official*[/COLOR] [COLOR=RoyalBlue]Lancool[/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]DRAGONLORD[/COLOR] [COLOR=RoyalBlue]Owners Thread[/COLOR][/SIZE] :clock:[/URL][/CENTER]
[/CODE]

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thar
View Post

Click User CP in the bar right @ the top with Quick Links, Home etc.

Click edit signature on the left bar under settings & options, then add the following text:

Code:
Code:
[CODE]
[CENTER]:clock: [URL="http://www.overclock.net/computer-cases/562053-official-lancool-dragonlord-owners-thread.html#post6998009"][SIZE=3][COLOR=Black]*Official*[/COLOR] [COLOR=RoyalBlue]Lancool[/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]DRAGONLORD[/COLOR] [COLOR=RoyalBlue]Owners Thread[/COLOR][/SIZE] :clock:[/URL][/CENTER]
[/CODE]

Oops, I've been doing it all wrong, I just copied your signature and pasted it into my signature, should I expect a public hanging now?

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kev_b View Post
Oops, I've been doing it all wrong, I just copied your signature and pasted it into my signature, should I expect a public hanging now?

nah....Kramer first, then j00.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Well I got my G.Skill cooler installed today. Its so far over to the right that it only cools 1 ram stick, lol, but it still looks pretty cool. Damn my small mb !!! I ended up covering the blue leds by putting black electrical tape over them. Blocks out most the light, but a little blue shows through.

Anyways, I upload about 10 more pictures, this time with my camera so they are decent quality.

http://www.overclock.net/gallery/showgallery.php

All the new pictures are titled "Lancool build **day 2**
So sort the pics if you dont want to look at the old 1s again.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ohthatiswhackk
View Post

Well I got my G.Skill cooler installed today. Its so far over to the right that it only cools 1 ram stick, lol, but it still looks pretty cool. Damn my small mb !!! I ended up covering the blue leds by putting black electrical tape over them. Blocks out most the light, but a little blue shows through.

Nice work with covering the lights mate. Its a shame about the ram cooler only covering 1 of the dimms.

Ive got the Gigabyte Ex-58 Extreme man and even though my mobo is a bit bigger, my V8 Cooler pushes the G.Skill ram cooler across so its only cooling 4 of the 6 dimms.

I love looking into my case and seeing those sick blue leds over my ram though
. Once I get the watercooling loop it shouldnt be an issue to cool all of the ram sticks!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
How are the LEDs on the fans positioned to make it have this swirling light effect? I have some Antec Tricools and the LEDs only emit the light in a straight cone.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Does anyone know if Scythe's Mugen 2 would fit in the K62? If so, what would be the best orientation for it?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected]
View Post

Does anyone know if Scythe's Mugen 2 would fit in the K62? If so, what would be the best orientation for it?

Yeh mate, it will fit in the case easily. Im using a Coolermaster V8 so ive used those dimensions to compare:

Cm V8: 120x128x161.1
Mugen II: 130x100x158

Height is not an issue as its not as tall as the V8, but I would be worried about this monster touching other hardware

From the looks of that coolers shape, you want the wider sides of the heat-sink to face the bottom and top of the case.

I would use a push/pull fan setup on the wider sides of the heatsink. One fan would be pushing from the bottom of the cooler, and the second pulling from the top, sending the hot air straight to the top 140mm fans.

If you cant use 2 fans, just one fan on the bottom side of the cooler pushing the air through should work.

Hopefully I made that clear enough

EDIT: My skills in paint are always increasing!!

·
Registered
568 Posts
my case and i7 stuff came in earlier today. Put everything together and started up without a hitch

I just turned it on and set it folding with 2 8800 Gt's

Never thought cable management could be so easy. Mines not perfect at all, but for about 10 mins of hiding cables its 100% cleaner than my old Antec 900

I never put up pics yet anyone have a guide on how to do it?
Ill put up some pics of my rig tomorrow as well as try and OC it

OK good night everyone its midnight out here in Oregon and I dont want to pass out in front of the computer screen . . . . .again. LOL

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan17z View Post
my case and i7 stuff came in earlier today. Put everything together and started up without a hitch

I just turned it on and set it folding with 2 8800 Gt's
V.Nice mate!! Should be fun checking out how well the 8800 SLI bench runs in your setup.

To put pics up mate its easy as, you either upload them to an image hosting site, such as photobucket/imageshack then just copy the URL provided to your message

OR

when you are typing a reply in the forums, you will find the attachments paper clip next to your font/size choice. Doing it this way uploads it straight to OCN.

Here is a pic in case you really struggle

Attachment 122018
LL

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi guys, i'm thinking about getting this case, but i would like to know about the ventilation. Looks very good, if anyone with a i7 system could tell me your temps i would be grateful.
Core temps, ambient temp, HT ON or OFF.
Thank you

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MTT
View Post

Hi guys, i'm thinking about getting this case, but i would like to know about the ventilation. Looks very good, if anyone with a i7 system could tell me your temps i would be grateful.
Core temps, ambient temp, HT ON or OFF.
Thank you

I can give ya a few temps that im running but take into consideration:
- Im using a V8 cooler with my cpu overclocked to 3.8ghz 24/7
- I do have an GB Extreme mobo with Silent Pipe
- SLI setup
- Im using a ram cooler thats pulling some heat off the board as well.

Attachment 122089 Attachment 122090

Alot of info in those 2 screens mate, hope it helps ya!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thar
View Post

I can give ya a few temps that im running but take into consideration:
- Im using a V8 cooler with my cpu overclocked to 3.8ghz 24/7
- I do have an GB Extreme mobo with Silent Pipe
- SLI setup
- Im using a ram cooler thats pulling some heat off the board as well.

Attachment 122089 Attachment 122090

Alot of info in those 2 screens mate, hope it helps ya!

Hey, thx a lot man, this help me a lot i probably will be join this club soon

41 - 60 of 2024 Posts