Overclock.net banner

41 - 60 of 1067 Posts

·
: ( ) { : | : & } ; :
3,540 Posts
Well I'm using Linux mint 13 on my desktop atm, and Crunchbang 11 on my laptop.

and I'm hoping to transition over to crunchbang on my desktop soon enough.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSunRises View Post

So what flavor of Linux does everyone use? Just want to get a feel for the amount of diversity we have haha... I am personally using Linux Mint 15 at the moment... Before I was using Zorin OS 7 which was actually surprisingly nice
You should take a ton of distros and make a poll at the top of the page above the original post!

·
Premium Member
10,324 Posts
Such polls have already been done
tongue.gif
I could pretty much list all the active members distros of choice lol

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrak View Post

Such polls have already been done
tongue.gif
I could pretty much list all the active members distros of choice lol
Haha yes, I figured that had already been done... The only reason I wanted to know what Linux distro people used is so that new users will know that they can game on any distro they want... What is your Linux preference Shrak?

·
Registered
753 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye071292 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeekei View Post

Anyone else watching The International 3? Na'Vi vs Orange at the moment.
I watched the dota2ti yesterday. DK owned IG xD
Yea, except for that awfully long game 2. Though I was disappointed that it ended at 98:58. I wanted to see what happens to the in-game clock when it passes 100 minutes.
frown.gif

·
Premium Member
10,324 Posts
Quote:

Haha yes, I figured that had already been done... The only reason I wanted to know what Linux distro people used is so that new users will know that they can game on any distro they want... What is your Linux preference Shrak?
Well steam is available on every distribution, though only officially supported ( by Valve/Steam support ) on Ubuntu, if you use any other distribution you are pretty much SOL if you have issues due to the distro. So if Steam is your main concern, Ubuntu would be your best bet for best possible support from Valve/Steam as it's pretty much guaranteed.

My personal preferences have always been pretty much any BSD, along with ArchLinux and RedHat, CentOS and more lately just a vanilla Debian.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Quote:

Well steam is available on every distribution, though only officially supported ( by Valve/Steam support ) on Ubuntu, if you use any other distribution you are pretty much SOL if you have issues due to the distro. So if Steam is your main concern, Ubuntu would be your best bet for best possible support from Valve/Steam as it's pretty much guaranteed.

My personal preferences have always been pretty much any BSD, along with ArchLinux and RedHat, CentOS and more lately just a vanilla Debian.
Yeah I figured using an Ubuntu based distro would be the best for Steam. I am still looking for that perfect Linux desktop, but so far Linux Mint has been working pretty well. Working on making a list for this amazing Linux Gamers Club, I will add everyone who has contributed here unless someone says otherwise
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
So I am not that experienced when it comes to forums, so does anyone know how I would embed a spreadsheet with member names on it into the OP? Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Super Moderator
15,093 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Quote:
Thank you!!

Updated the OP with a quickly rushed member list. It will be made more aesthetically pleasing during the next week. If you see anything wrong, or have any feedback on how to make the original post better, let me know! Thanks!

PS, for the members I have listed; If you dont want to be on the list let me know, also please let me know the distro you run and the main games you play!

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Quote:

Thank you!!

Updated the OP with a quickly rushed member list. It will be made more aesthetically pleasing during the next week. If you see anything wrong, or have any feedback on how to make the original post better, let me know! Thanks!

PS, for the members I have listed; If you dont want to be on the list let me know, also please let me know the distro you run and the main games you play!
I would suggest having a type of validation post (such as the overclock clubs)
Quote:

Yea, except for that awfully long game 2. Though I was disappointed that it ended at 98:58. I wanted to see what happens to the in-game clock when it passes 100 minutes.
frown.gif
I know! I did not watch it any today. I cant beleive navi lost
frown.gif
They were wrecking shop with that pudge! Best game was Navi with that pudge by far. So many kills haha

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Quote:

I would suggest having a type of validation post (such as the overclock clubs)
frown.gif
They were wrecking shop with that pudge! Best game was Navi with that pudge by far. So many kills haha
You mean like a screen shot type thing?

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
No reason to fake being a Linux gamer...
redface.gif

It would be nice if we post screenshots though for the hell of it.

·
Premium Member
10,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Penguin View Post

No reason to fake being a Linux gamer...
redface.gif
Precisely
tongue.gif

Though a suggestion for the spreadsheet is to have a "Steam username" column for those that want to share their steam. And maybe create a script so users can enter their own credentials so you don't have to worry about keeping it up to date
smile.gif

·
Registered
753 Posts
Quote:

Quote:

frown.gif
frown.gif
They can't beat Alliance!
wink.gif
Go Sweden!

·
Super Moderator
32,931 Posts
You can go ahead and remove me. I don't have Linux yet and not 100 percent sure I will if there's issues with my gpu.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Quote:

I don't see a point for verification really.
I agree, like Evil Penguin said, I cant really see anyone faking to be a Linux gamer just for the heck of it.

Quote:

Precisely
tongue.gif

Though a suggestion for the spreadsheet is to have a "Steam username" column for those that want to share their steam. And maybe create a script so users can enter their own credentials so you don't have to worry about keeping it up to date
smile.gif
Oh right, thanks! I will change that, and if people start posting their steam username I can start updating it. To be honest I have no idea how to create a script to let others edit their info, so if you have any knowledge on how to do that, pass it my way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneerisloud View Post

You can go ahead and remove me. I don't have Linux yet and not 100 percent sure I will if there's issues with my gpu.
Will do! If you change your mind, let me know!

41 - 60 of 1067 Posts