Overclock.net banner

1061 - 1067 of 1067 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks, I'm glad to hear that. Tomorrow I get my spare case in and will be assembling the old beast back together. For now it will be the 8320e and an unused rx 470 I've had for a while. I'll have to brush up on linux overclocking.

·
Nvidia "shill"
1,431 Posts
So does SLI work at all in linux? Or would it just be a waste of time for the effort?

·
BOINC Cruncher
1,881 Posts
So does SLI work at all in linux? Or would it just be a waste of time for the effort?

Technically it works, but there are no games that I know of with sli profiles, so no, it's not worth it.

·
Nvidia "shill"
1,431 Posts
Technically it works, but there are no games that I know of with sli profiles, so no, it's not worth it.
Damn, oh well, thanks for the info though.

·
Linux Gamer
961 Posts
Is glxosd still the best bet for an OSD overlay to show framerate? I see it's been abandoned

·
Premium Member
4,995 Posts
If you have an AMD card you can use, there's a ridiculously good debug OSD built into the open source drivers. It can track all kinds of stuff and it can draw graphs. Using it looks like this:

Code:
GALLIUM_HUD=fps,GPU-load,cpu0+cpu1+cpu2+cpu3 glxgears
This will show three graphs, first one for fps, second one for GPU usage, and the third one CPU usage for four cores.

The sources for the stuff in the OSD don't have to be from the graphics driver, the OSD can also show stuff from elsewhere in the system. You can make it show CPU temperatures for example, and it can also show somewhat obscure stuff like network traffic and disk reads/writes. You can get a help text by running "GALLIUM_HUD=help glxgears".

·
Linux Gamer
961 Posts
Thank you for that deepor, I appreciate it, but I'm using nvidia. Edit: come to think of it, I do have a couple old AMD cards lying around though.

The glxosd package is broken on Arch (from what I read) so I installed xosd. Apparently wine has an fps function as well with WINEDEBUG=fps. Haven't figured it out yet, except I've found that PoL doesn't play nice with either osd methods. About to try Lutris.

1061 - 1067 of 1067 Posts