Overclock.net banner

17541 - 17560 of 17578 Posts

·
Overclocker in training
13,465 Posts
Very hard to find something like that locally at the moment. Perhaps a drop or 2 of undiluted blitz part 2 will do?
Hi,
Any grease cutting dish soap.

·
Premium Member
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #17,542
Lol bubble away isn't a surfactent lol. We cannot mass make it, To be as simple as possible its to dammed hard to get into a 15ml bottle. The product is extremely thick and takes way to long to get in a bottle. You only need a tiny tiny drop in a system for it to work but as said its near impossible to get in a dropper bottle. This is why we haven't released also its dammed expensive to make.

·
Gamer and Watercooler!
4,122 Posts
How long is it okay to leave just plain distilled water in the loop while running... in terms of bacteria? I’m waiting on a few things to complete my build, then will run Blitz part 2 and add Nuke V2. I just ran the system for a week, and just now emptied it.

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
Lol bubble away isn't a surfactent lol. We cannot mass make it, To be as simple as possible its to dammed hard to get into a 15ml bottle. The product is extremely thick and takes way to long to get in a bottle. You only need a tiny tiny drop in a system for it to work but as said its near impossible to get in a dropper bottle. This is why we haven't released also its dammed expensive to make.

How about selling it in say a 1L bottle or something bigger then the 15ml ones if size is an issue?
I’d be interested in buying a litre or it, as it long it doesn’t go bad i could use it for as long as it’s good for.

·
Windows 10 Gamer
2,637 Posts
If you guys are still looking for testers for your new coolant I might be interested. I am in the US though. Let me know!

·
Big Radiators!
824 Posts
@Mayhem I am closing in to redoing my entire PC, I need to know if you'd like me to test the new coolant or not.
Old School Eheim 1262 pump, copper tubing, MoRa 420, dual-GPU, motherboard Monoblock, the build can push 900W of power at full load.
I live in the EU.

·
Lost in SoCal
508 Posts
How long is it okay to leave just plain distilled water in the loop while running... in terms of bacteria? I’m waiting on a few things to complete my build, then will run Blitz part 2 and add Nuke V2. I just ran the system for a week, and just now emptied it.
YMMV of course, but if the system was clean, and the distilled fresh you should be good to go for a week or two. I've run a month...

·
Big Radiators!
824 Posts
I had a throwavay loop (a precursor of the Raijintek PHORCYS), which I tested, and poured distilled water in it. Used it to test stuff for a couple months, then left it as it was for almost a year, with water in it, untouched.
There was no growth, no color change, no performance degradation.
Could be I was extremely lucky... but all I can say it there was no problem with it.

·
Gamer and Watercooler!
4,122 Posts
Question for @Mayhem

I'm currently waiting on some fittings (the company I bought them from sent them the slowest way possible with no tracking, and I have already been waiting two weeks for them), and was wondering if it is okay to run Blitz part two with some "filler" fittings while I wait. If I were to run part 2, and then put the new fittings in the rig, would this cause any issues? Im just so anxious to get my build up and running. Ill be adding Nuke V2.

·
Rig Advisor
2,220 Posts
Question for @Mayhem

I'm currently waiting on some fittings (the company I bought them from sent them the slowest way possible with no tracking, and I have already been waiting two weeks for them), and was wondering if it is okay to run Blitz part two with some "filler" fittings while I wait. If I were to run part 2, and then put the new fittings in the rig, would this cause any issues? Im just so anxious to get my build up and running. Ill be adding Nuke V2.
I know you are wanting an official response from Mick, but cleaning out fittings is usually of secondary importance to the main blocks/rads for part 2. HIGHLY unlikely not cleaning the fittings with part 2 would be an issue. You could always put all of the fittings in a bucket with a bit of part 2 and slosh em around when they do arrive.

·
Premium Member
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #17,551
How about selling it in say a 1L bottle or something bigger then the 15ml ones if size is an issue?
I’d be interested in buying a litre or it, as it long it doesn’t go bad i could use it for as long as it’s good for.
The stuff is £4,800 + VAT for just 25 Ltrs, and only a drop is needed in 50 Ltrs of fluid. So 1 Ltr as you can imagine would be pretty expensive.

·
Premium Member
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #17,552
Question for @Mayhem

Its a bit pointless. If you waiting for stuff to come the best possible thing to do its clean, flush and dry out and wait for every thing to arrive. Do not let water stand in any product ever this causes issues. Even if it has biocide or inhibitor in it as these need movement to be productive. Standing fluid is always bad over a length of time. In a sealed system with little air this is a little different.

·
Premium Member
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #17,553
Guys and girls Ref full water cooling yes i have been doing it for far to long and i know "a bit" but there are people out there who know more than me and can also give better advise then me. I'm no expert and i will never claim to be, i do not test every piece of equipment on the market (all though i do test / play with a lot). The best advise i can ever give people is read lots of forum posts and make up your own mind, use your common sense as this is 90% of all that is needed in water cooling. Yes enjoy watching you tube videos but never take them as the 100% answer to every thing. Ref reviews they do not do long term testing (only about 3 people who i know do) they are not 100% perfect and there views are if at best a minimal response to some thing they have tested. Simply put do what you think is best.

·
Gamer and Watercooler!
4,122 Posts
Question for @Mayhem

I know you are wanting an official response from Mick, but cleaning out fittings is usually of secondary importance to the main blocks/rads for part 2. HIGHLY unlikely not cleaning the fittings with part 2 would be an issue. You could always put all of the fittings in a bucket with a bit of part 2 and slosh em around when they do arrive.
It’s just four male to male rotaries that I’ll be using for valves to drain my loop. I’m slightly annoyed that it’s been two weeks as Spartan decided to ship it the slowest way possible with no tracking. Hard to tell when they will arrive. I was honestly thinking about this idea, and I may just as well do this.

·
Gamer and Watercooler!
4,122 Posts
Questions about XT-1 Nuke V2. I just put two bottles of concentrate in my loop after running blitz part 2. I did a concentration of 500ml coolant and 2000ml distilled. But my temps are definitely higher than just regular distilled water. Why is this? The water temps are idling almost 4c higher.

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,148 Posts
Questions about XT-1 Nuke V2. I just put two bottles of concentrate in my loop after running blitz part 2. I did a concentration of 500ml coolant and 2000ml distilled. But my temps are definitely higher than just regular distilled water. Why is this? The water temps are idling almost 4c higher.
Did you try the 1:10 mix recommended for computer systems, rather than the 1:4 mix you currently have that is recommended to provide frost protection for sub-zero applications? Or are you using a chiller?

You are going to be very hard pressed to find any liquid that has better cooling properties than straight distilled, and even harder pressed to find one with anti-corrosives and algae inhibitors. So, it comes down to, do you want a loop at 26 degrees that doesn't corrode or grow things, or one at 25 degrees that needs to have parts replaced and be cleaned constantly because it is full of bacteria and algae?

·
Overclocker in training
13,465 Posts
Hi,
Yeah coolants are just like plug and play premix or concentrates once mixed

Distilled water you could use mayhems inhibitor+ and biocide+ drops to maintain ph7 but it's just more maintenance to test ph every month... but will cool best and frankly won't cloud clear soft tubing either.

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
@Mayhem is is possible to get longer lengths of your glass tubing? Looking for something like 750mm in length. Same for longer sizes in the bent tubing

·
Registered
2 Posts
Quick question, it may have been asked before but can't see it. What is the difference between Mayhems X1 V2 vs Mayhems XT-1 V2.

17541 - 17560 of 17578 Posts