Rig Advisor
3,492 Posts
  • Rep+
Reactions: Hequaqua

·
Graphic Card Addiction
4,114 Posts
It's just money....lmao

From what I've read...seems that it should hold very well...provided I don't pull parts out for replacement. We'll see I guess.

UPDATE: Let Part 1 do it's thing for around 10hrs. I sloshed it around every couple of hours while it worked its magic. Flushed it about 5-6 time with distilled and capped it. I will flush it again before mounting then run Part 2.

I'm impressed with the "cleanliness" of this rad. I didn't get a single speck of anything out of it.

·
Rig Advisor
3,492 Posts
It's just money....lmao

From what I've read...seems that it should hold very well...provided I don't pull parts out for replacement. We'll see I guess.

UPDATE: Let Part 1 do it's thing for around 10hrs. I sloshed it around every couple of hours while it worked its magic. Flushed it about 5-6 time with distilled and capped it. I will flush it again before mounting then run Part 2.

I'm impressed with the "cleanliness" of this rad. I didn't get a single speck of anything out of it.

View attachment 2487800
Yea, I have never had much crap in any XSPC rads. Looking good.

·
WaterCooler
4,269 Posts
Concur, my XSPC rads have been pretty clean.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,721 Posts
Concur, my XSPC rads have been pretty clean.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
My XSPC rads were probably the cleanest rads out of the box I ever received. It was one of the reasons I jumped from Alphacool rads to them back in the day when HWL was only making high fpi.

@Hequaqua - looking good!

·
Graphic Card Addiction
4,114 Posts
I have two other HWL rads....didn't get a lot out of either, but more than this one. Even the rad I have from FormulaMod was decent out of the box.

I was gonna tear down today, but just not up to it. I need to clean the back-up rig's OS/Files/etc so I can jump on it while Part 2 and the many rinses the main will need is out-of-service. Not in a big rush, just need to find the energy to start....lol

·
WaterCooler
4,269 Posts
My XSPC rads were probably the cleanest rads out of the box I ever received. It was one of the reasons I jumped from Alphacool rads to them back in the day when HWL was only making high fpi.

@Hequaqua - looking good!
Yeah I think an RX360 and then a thin rad for the bottom of my case is in my future. Not sure what to get for the thin rad yet.

·
Graphic Card Addiction
4,114 Posts
I just took two thin ones out(360/240 HWL).....we'll see how temps go from here. They we good before, I guess.

I got it all back together(loop anyway). Got Part 2 running now....no leaks, nor a lot of foaming. My lpm increased by taking the two rads out, from around 3 to 5lpm.

So, 24hrs of cleaning, then drain, rinse, drain, rinse, drain rinse, drain, actual fluid....lol

Edit: A few pics. Cleaner is crystal clear...woot!

·
Rig Advisor
3,492 Posts
I just took two thin ones out(360/240 HWL).....we'll see how temps go from here. They we good before, I guess.

I got it all back together(loop anyway). Got Part 2 running now....no leaks, nor a lot of foaming. My lpm increased by taking the two rads out, from around 3 to 5lpm.

So, 24hrs of cleaning, then drain, rinse, drain, rinse, drain rinse, drain, actual fluid....lol

Edit: A few pics. Cleaner is crystal clear...woot!

View attachment 2487945 View attachment 2487946 View attachment 2487947
Make sure you have at least one fan on. The D5 can heat up a loop to unsafe temps if left passive over night.

·
Graphic Card Addiction
4,114 Posts
Thanks! I didn't think about that. I had to dig out a sata header...threw a GT on there. I'll check the water temp in a bit and see if it drops. Yea, the pump hooked via molex runs full throttle, which is about 4800rpm or so I think.

+rep

UPDATE: Up and Running

Temps are a couple degrees higher, but expected since I removed a 360 and 240 rad. I may add one back later. The 1ltr was just enough to fill the loop. Think the XTR for me will be just this once. I'll stick with the ModWater from ModMyMods after this.

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Moved my system to a new case and new reservoirs(those alphacool waterfall effect ones) and seems I never got all the part 2 out from the cleaning that was done some 8 months ago. Now with the waterfall effect it can foam a bit on higher pump speeds.

Is there anything that can be added to counteract the foaming that won't destroy the fluid?

·
Rig Advisor
3,492 Posts
Moved my system to a new case and new reservoirs(those alphacool waterfall effect ones) and seems I never got all the part 2 out from the cleaning that was done some 8 months ago. Now with the waterfall effect it can foam a bit on higher pump speeds.

Is there anything that can be added to counteract the foaming that won't destroy the fluid?
If you truly suspect that to be the case, why wouldn't you just drain, flush and refill? That seems to be the only logical choice.

Thanks! I didn't think about that. I had to dig out a sata header...threw a GT on there. I'll check the water temp in a bit and see if it drops. Yea, the pump hooked via molex runs full throttle, which is about 4800rpm or so I think.

+rep

UPDATE: Up and Running

View attachment 2488104 View attachment 2488105
View attachment 2488106 View attachment 2488107

Temps are a couple degrees higher, but expected since I removed a 360 and 240 rad. I may add one back later. The 1ltr was just enough to fill the loop. Think the XTR for me will be just this once. I'll stick with the ModWater from ModMyMods after this.
Looking good. I have a few MMM coolant bottles and use them often. It is just rebranded Mayhems anyway.

·
Lost in SoCal
708 Posts
I'm in that comment and I don't like it...

(looks at recently rebuilt P3 loop that had no back panel)

·
WaterCooler
4,269 Posts
Think the XTR for me will be just this once. I'll stick with the ModWater from ModMyMods after this.
Mod Water is good stuff, but curious why you are one and done with XTR? I'm still deciding if I want to go the XTR route or not.

·
Graphic Card Addiction
4,114 Posts
Mod Water is good stuff, but curious why you are one and done with XTR? I'm still deciding if I want to go the XTR route or not.
Cost mainly. Without having the same exact hardware(rads) I'm unable to tell if there is a actual temp difference. If I had left the just one of the other rads in, then I would have needed to get at least 2lts of coolant.

I'm not saying it's a bad product....just not cost efficient if you plan on adding/removing hardware(blocks/rad/etc).

I'm gonna let the system run for a while with the XTR in there. It's not like my temps are that much worse going from a 360 and 240(HWL) to the single 360(RX360).

·
Registered
113 Posts
I am a bit puzzled about what’s happening with my new loop. It is designed to be low maintance and comprises of a MO-RA radiator, two watercool blocks and ZMT along with Tygon A-60 for tubing. It’s a plasticizer-free loop and all parts are brand new. I flushed everything with distilled water and I even blitzed (part 2) the MORA despite the fact that it was very clean to begin with (I flushed several times afterwards with distilled). For coolant I am using Mayhems XT1 nuke v2 in a 1:10 ratio. This is the definition of a problem free loop in my mind.

However, after running it for about a month I noticed some white strands floating in my res like a nylon bag does in the wind. You can see it in the picture, but it’s very thin so it’s hard to miss.

I then looked at the surface of the water in the res and there are several white particles flowing.

What the heck are these things? Performance is still stellar and the same as day 0 but I wasn’t planning to take the loop apart for a long time.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Could be leftover parts of Blitz part 2 that didn't fully flush out. I've found I had to flush my loop 3-4 times to completely remove it all but then again I have a complicated loop.

I'd leave it but keep an eye on it and see if it solidifies.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Could be leftover parts of Blitz part 2 that didn't fully flush out. I've found I had to flush my loop 3-4 times to completely remove it all but then again I have a complicated loop.
This is certainly the most possible explanation and it has crossed my mind. However, I was very meticulous with my rinsing and these things appeared after a month. It seems somehow impossible that it took them a month to move.

17981 - 18000 of 18008 Posts