Keyboard of the Month is a competition where each month you can submit your votes for the coolest customised keyboards people have modified this month.
How The Competition Works:
- At the start of the month I create a Keyboard of the Month (KOTM) thread.
- You can use the dedicated KOTM thread to post pictures of your keyboard that you are entering (optional) and to submit your entry for that month via the Google Docs form.
- Entries are accepted up until the last week of the month, after which entries for that month are closed.
- If more than 3 unique valid entries are submitted, then I will then put up a poll in that thread of all the submissions and the poll will stay up for the rest of the month to let people from all over the site vote. If the required number of entries is not met, the KOTM for that month will be cancelled and the KOTM will continue the following month.
- After the voting closes, I will announce the winner on the first of the following month, their name will be added to the list of winners, a picture of their board put in the Mechanical Keyboard Club OP to show off their work, and they will be able to claim a limited edition OCN Keyboard of the Month keycap that you can see below.
- You must enter your own board, I reserve the right to ask for proof of ownership of any board I think may not belong to you.
- You can enter as many times as you like per year with one board or different ones.
- You can win at most three times in a single year, and not two months in a row
- You can only win once with a given board, if you win twice with a board appearing to be the same, proof of the differences between the two will be required.
- Only one image will be put up as your entry's poll picture, if you submit two images then I will pick which one.
- You may change your entry once before the competition starts, any subsequent entries by you for that month will be ignored. Your entry cannot be changed once the poll is up.
- You can request the poll picture in the KOTM thread be changed once.
- I reserve the right to permanently exclude any people who's submissions break any of the competition rules or the OCN ToS e.g. submissions clearly meant to advertise.
Tips For Entering:
- Get inventive: you're unlikely to do well if you're just changing out a few keycaps
- Provide a good picture: Your picture is what sells your entry to voters, so do your best to make it look good, for some tips see this thread.
How To Claim Your Prize If You Win:
If you win, I will send you a PM requesting the following information:
NOTE: You MUST create a Tankguys account and fill out your shipping info in the account info! If you don't, we cannot ship the prize out to you!
- Competition thread link:
- Prize Won:
- Full OCN Username:
- Full Name:
- Full Address & Post/Zip Code:
- Tankguys Email Address:
Upon receiving this information, staff will organise your prize to be sent out.
Trying to claim a prize when you haven't won the KOTM competition will get you banned from all future KOTM competitions.
Good luck to all!