Overclock.net banner

38281 - 38298 of 38298 Posts

·
*AMD OC newbie*
240 Posts
jejejeje, no, remember "when lubing, less is more".

And they feel more smoth, and now the sound is more even in all switches, totally worth the effort

·
Amiga 500
3,638 Posts
Welp,my Anne Pro won’t connect via Bluetooth anymore...
Anyone has the same problem ?

·
PC Cannibal
10,188 Posts
Finally got around to taking a photo of one of the mats I got from Key.Company

·
Vermin Supreme 2020
25,769 Posts

·
mfw
8,619 Posts
I think you can afford a much nicer keyboard.
No kidding. That Steelseries keyboard looks terrible, and I bet it's not even that great to type on to begin with.

·
PC Cannibal
10,188 Posts
After modding a board and building a custom I can never go back to buying a pre-made general consumption board (especially the over-priced versions). There are actually plenty of custom options on the market for the same price.

·
I can count to potato
709 Posts
I agree, the overpriced "gamer" boards seem like a bad option. Personally, I'm all custom at this point, but I get that some people want a full size board and most custom PCBs are smaller form factor. That said, there are plenty of really nice prebuilt boards from less gamer focused brands like Ducky, Leopold, Filco, WASD, Varmilo etc...

·
Premium Member
2,292 Posts
Are custom numpads common enough to be feasible at a non-ridiculous price? Smaller form factors are fun but I use a numpad just often enough to miss one when I'm on a TKL or smaller.

·
I can count to potato
709 Posts
You can grab basic plastic case mechanical numpads for $25-50ish. If you want something fancier or a custom kit, it can get out of hand pretty quick.

·
Premium Member
2,292 Posts
You can grab basic plastic case mechanical numpads for $25-50ish. If you want something fancier or a custom kit, it can get out of hand pretty quick.
That's about what I figured. Apparently custom boards are more reasonable than I expected based on the recent conversation here but I suppose numpads are still too niche.

·
Vermin Supreme 2020
25,769 Posts
gamer everything is over priced trash now, and has been for many years at this point.

Definitely nothing better than building your own, however there are still lots of great above gamer-brand units out there.

I still really enjoy this vortex race 3, <3 the speed switches.

That's about what I figured. Apparently custom boards are more reasonable than I expected based on the recent conversation here but I suppose numpads are still too niche.
check mechanicalkeyboards.com (spelling?) they're your best bet in the US last I checked.

they're still more niche, but more and more people are admitting to needing them as they grow into doing real work with an obsession for TKLs n 60%s, etc. I just still use a full size @ work.

As for Mr Steele Series - check the website above, or - WASD still makes quality stuff, and you can customize layout, caps, & colors quite a bit.

·
Premium Member
2,292 Posts
gamer everything is over priced trash now, and has been for many years at this point.

Definitely nothing better than building your own, however there are still lots of great above gamer-brand units out there.

I still really enjoy this vortex race 3, <3 the speed switches.

check mechanicalkeyboards.com (spelling?) they're your best bet in the US last I checked.

they're still more niche, but more and more people are admitting to needing them as they grow into doing real work with an obsession for TKLs n 60%s, etc. I just still use a full size @ work.

As for Mr Steele Series - check the website above, or - WASD still makes quality stuff, and you can customize layout, caps, & colors quite a bit.
That makes sense. I use a Vortex Tab90 at work, which is personally my favorite layout. Looks good with all the functionality of a fullsize, but saves a bit of space. Just a pain to find cap sets sometimes. Still interested in at least trying something smaller + standalone numpad.

·
PC Cannibal
10,188 Posts
Cap sets for the Tab90 are considered 1800 compatible sets (I know Drop carries GMK versions of these), but your normal companies like Ducky TaiHao rarely carry a full 1800 set - that where artisans come in handy lol

·
Premium Member
2,292 Posts
Cap sets for the Tab90 are considered 1800 compatible sets (I know Drop carries GMK versions of these), but your normal companies like Ducky TaiHao rarely carry a full 1800 set - that where artisans come in handy lol
Yep, I got the SA Dolch Orange kit for mine and it has everything except Pn and the Calculator keys on the top right, which aren't very common. Artisans in deed.

·
PC Cannibal
10,188 Posts
Artisans are a whole extra rabbit hole as well, very expensive rabbit hole when you get to certain runs and creators.

·
waifu for lifu
11,075 Posts
^ (y)

38281 - 38298 of 38298 Posts