Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 5051 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WELCOME TO THE GTX 780 LIGHTNING OWNER'S CLUB!

(Image Courtesy of @skyn3t. Thank him for the awesome job on the banner!)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en&hl=en&key=0AtCE1IKeIwUYdF9na3RGTlNGOHJNT29qVU9lT0JERWc&output=html&widget=true

How to be added:

Please post a GPU-Z Validation with your OCN Username as the Owner of the Validation Link and I'll add you to the owner's list!

Also, if I haven't gotten to you (as I'm generally extremely busy), please send me a PM on OCN with your GPU-Z validation, and I'll add you to the list.

8/30/2013 (3:35pm CST): Username in GPU-Z Validation MUST be the same as your OCN Username

MSI Afterburner 3.0.0 BETA15 SE (For Lightning 680/770/780)

STOCK GTX 780 Lightning BIOS(s):

**USE AT YOUR OWN RISK**

GTX 780 Lighting BIOS: 300% PLimit (MSI @ Guru3D)

• Refer to Skyn3t's BIOS below. The official 300% PLimit BIOS is borked. I will not be posting this due to the severe problems this vBIOS has. Please do not attempt to PM me asking for it. I won't give it away, and I'd advise the few that actually still have the file downloaded to not give it away. Thanks!

Skyn3t's Regular/LN2 "Unlocked" vBIOS:

sky-LN2-vbios-300w-640w-rev2.zip 471k .zip file

• MSI (1462)
  • *sky-LN2-vbios-300w-640w-rev2
  • vbios rev2 80.10.3A.00.49
  • Boost disabled
  • 1.212v unlocked
  • Under-volting
    smile.gif
  • Default power target 100%: 300w; 300% slide: 640w

sky-stock-vbios-300w-640w-rev2.zip 471k .zip file

• sky-stock-vbios-300w-640w-rev2
  • vbios rev2 80.10.3A.00.47
  • Boost disabled
  • 1.212v unlocked
  • Under-volting
    smile.gif
  • Default power target 100%: 300w; 300% slide: 640w

Skyn3t's Regular/LN2 "Unlocked" vBIOS >>HYNIX MEMORY SUPPORT<<:

skyn3t vBios Regular/LN2 "Unlocked" Hynix Memory
B1 Chip

• LN2:

• sky-LN2-vbios-300w-640w-rev4.zip 131k .zip file

• This revision contains performance

for Hynix VRAM (602-V296-03S)
    B1 Chip

sky-LN2-vbios-300w-640w
    Base core clock 980 Mhz
    vBios 80.80.21.00.3C
    Boost disabled
    1.212v unlocked
    Default power target 100% 300w by 300% slide 640w

• N780 Lightning with Hynix VRAM (602-V296-03S) Contains Performance BIOS

sky-stock-vbios-300w-640w
    Base core clock 980 Mhz
    vBios 80.80.21.00.60
    Boost disabled
    1.212v unlocked
    Default power target 100% 300w by 300% slide 640w

Skyn3t's EZFlash Tool! (For all your vBIOS flashing needs! No nudes.)

• Link
  • >>Located under EVGA PrecisionX Downloads<<

**USE AT YOUR OWN RISK**

**The users Kinaesthetic and skyn3t will not be held liable for any dead/killed card. Always take precautions when flashing your card with a different vBIOS. Thanks!

Enjoy!

MSI Fan Control Software for the GTX 780 Lightning (Thanks to FtW 420!)

**USE AT YOUR OWN RISK**

"Unlocking" Voltages:

1. Navigate your way to this (Link) for Rbby's Tool.
  2. Once downloaded, right click it and go to "Properties".
  3. Under the Compatibility Tab, check the "Run As Administrator" checkbox, and then close the Properties tab window.
  4. Run Rbby's Tool, then open up MSI Afterburner (Specifically version 3.0.0 BETA 15 SE: >Download Link<)
  5. Follow the instructions for software overvolting as per his thread: Link
  6. Enjoy unlocked voltages! (for Vcore at least
    frown.gif
    )

**USE AT YOUR OWN RISK**

Attachments

·
RTX ON FPS OFF
1,004 Posts
I guess I'll be more welcome when Newegg decides to actually ship my card to me.
rolleyes.gif

·
jonnyblaze
4,413 Posts
congrats on your cards guys. I hope they are awesome. I am really interested to see what the software voltage allows. I want to play with one of these cards so bad.

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anticommon View Post

I guess I'll be more welcome when Newegg decides to actually ship my card to me.
rolleyes.gif
Why don't you, like, call them up and speak to their CS? Sounds like your payment form had issues.

It does suck that your card was delayed
frown.gif
hopefully that gets fixed.

·
Premium Member
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, I lost the silicon lottery with this card (kinda). Got a crappy 63.5% ASIC. Gonna have to put this on water to see any good gains :(

Haven't flashed the BIOS yet. But MSI can go to some dark place down under for this 109% PLimit. Its absolutely destroying any overclockability currently of the card until the PLimit gets sorted out. I can't even push past 65C (24C Ambient, highest fan speed on auto @ 53%) on this card with my clocks (garbage 1162/6488 clocks) with the current plimit.

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
wow thats dissapointing to hear, the 300% plimit should have been ready to go at release imo.

63.5% asic is weird, i would have thought they would have gone for only higher asic ones :x

·
Premium Member
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by szeged View Post

wow thats dissapointing to hear, the 300% plimit should have been ready to go at release imo.

63.5% asic is weird, i would have thought they would have gone for only higher asic ones :x
Yeah, you win some and you lose some. I've always lost the silicon lottery :(. And I don't have the time to bin hardware to get the best of the best (college ftw). At least this'll accelerate me towards full custom WC in order to see how far I can push this card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakunvar View Post

Yea same issue with the 300% limit, it cannot find a match and aborts.

Plus all the MSI DL's give me errors for some reason...

Seems people are having trouble with it. I'm gonna remove it for now just in case. I'll add the BIOS back in when I've determined it to work. Haven't had a chance unfortunately to test it.

·
RTX ON FPS OFF
1,004 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoleras View Post

Why don't you, like, call them up and speak to their CS? Sounds like your payment form had issues.

It does suck that your card was delayed
frown.gif
hopefully that gets fixed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anticommon View Post

So, I contacted newegg and v.me and chase about why my order hasn't gone through, and apparently the long story short is that they tried to charge me $769.99 and $14,629.81. Why on earth they would try to charge me over 15k for one order is beyond me. I did, however, get everything sorted out and ended up with a $749.99 charge, $25 newegg giftcard, and copy of splinter cell blacklist. Not too shabby. As for the wait... well at least it gave me time to complain.
The thing about the charges was that they werent showing up anywhere except for through v.me and every CS rep was playing the blame game. I waited so long because newegg said they couldn't really do anything until 48hrs after the order was placed. Ended up working out but still.

·
Premium Member
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by evganerd View Post

Hello fellas. Just got a GTX 780 lightning. This replaced my GTX 580 lightning xtreme.

Here's my link: http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/7b66s/

Gpu-z says my ASICS core is 82.9%. Don't really know if that's good or not.
Means you have a solid card and whether you put it on water or keep it on air pretty much will not make much of a difference in what you are going to get in terms of overclocks. AKA, you are a lucky bastard.

Also, Added
biggrin.gif

1 - 20 of 5051 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.