Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This beauty did not have it's own topic yet.
  • Supports 12th Gen Intel® Core™ / Pentium® Celeron® processors for LGA 1700 socket
  • Supports DDR5 Memory, Dual Channel DDR5-6800+MHz(OC)
  • Dedicated for Extreme OC: The top-notch R&D design and exclusive 2 DIMM solution for an even clearer DDR5 memory signal to explore the boundaries of memory overclocking, deliver the world class memory performance.
  • Quintuple M.2 Connectors: Onboard 5x M.2 connectors for the maximum storage performance with quad Lightning Gen 4 solution. Double-sided Shield Frozr design keeps M.2 SSDs safe while preventing throttling, making them run faster.
  • Extreme Power Design: Premium digital PWM, direct 19+2 phases with 105A Smart Power Stage, Titanium Choke III and dual CPU power connectors to unleash the true power of your processors.
  • Outstanding Cooling Solution: Aluminum Cover, VRM Heat-pipe, 7W/mK thermal pads, Double-sided M.2 Shield Frozr and Aluminum Backplate ensure the extreme performance with low temp.
  • Dual 2.5G LAN with latest Wi-Fi 6E: Onboard dual 2.5G LAN with LAN manager and latest Wi-Fi 6E solution which supports 6GHz spectrum delivering the best online gaming experience.
  • Lightning Fast Game experience: PCIe 5.0 slots, Lightning Gen 4 x4 M.2, Front & Rear USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 20G.
  • 8 Layer Server Grade PCB with 2oz Thickened Copper: Provides higher performance and long-lasting system stability without any compromise.
  • Exclusive DIY Accessory: DIY Stands Set and Tuning Controller provide a new way to build and control your PC platform with ease.
  • Audio Boost 5: Isolated audio with a high quality ALC4080 audio processor & amp for the most immersive gaming experience.
Audio equipment Automotive design Font Electronic device Gadget

Discuss!

• Rep+
Reactions: Akadaka

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Purchased mine last week, upgraded from MSI Pro Z690a DDR4, which was a fine board too. But I really wanted DDR5
Currently running G.Skill 6400/32 @ 6600Mhz 1.41v, which is stable
Now trying to get 1T timings. BIOS 1.30

• Rep+
Reactions: Wasakiqwe

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey, I'm wondering what is going in with the fan controller on my Unify-X that I just got... I had Apex prior to this board, but it had a faulty ram slot, so I returned it and that is the reason why I switched to Unify-X, since everyone was saying good things about it. RAM works perfectly fine, but now the fans are being weird...

Ok, now I don't know if I am just the unluckiest guy in the world, but on Unify-X I have a problem with fans not being as responsive... They take some time to reach max RPM, while in BIOS I have it set to PWM, Smart Fan Mode and 0,1 ms ramp up and down time... The thing is, the fans are taking almost 1 second to increase speed slowly by like +50 RPM a second... On Apex it took like 2 - 3 seconds to reach 1550 from 550 RPM, on Unify-X it takes like 10+ seconds??!?

Does anyone else experience the same with their Unify-X board? Will or could a firmware ever fix this or did I just get another faulty board?

Found a couple of people reporting the same thing over at the MSI's official forum: LINK.

Edit: I am also on BIOS A30. All software is up to date.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wouldn't call it slow, I would call it gradually. It's not the fastest, but it's very elegant way.
I have all Noctua PWM fans and all move from 400 to 1300 in about 2-3 secs which I find acceptable
Are your fans actually PWM? you can see it on the wiring. If not sure set your BIOS to auto.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm on a roll with 6600 / 6666
Finally found out that tRRD_L wants 8 and not 6.
6 stops Karhu randomy below <500% coverage

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can confirm A2 does 1T, A3 doesn't Thank you guys for pointing at out, 6600-1T @1.4v
Font Rectangle Screenshot Parallel Number

is a reality :)

Product Rectangle Azure Font Screenshot

·
Registered
39 Posts
I wouldn't call it slow, I would call it gradually. It's not the fastest, but it's very elegant way.
I have all Noctua PWM fans and all move from 400 to 1300 in about 2-3 secs which I find acceptable
Are your fans actually PWM? you can see it on the wiring. If not sure set your BIOS to auto.
They are all PWM. I have 3 front + 1 rear (140 mm be quiet! Light Wings) and 2 on the CPU heatsink (140 mm Noctua NF-A15 HS-PWM chromax.black)

Well yes, they spin kind of gradually, so yes, for sure not the fastest.

Also, 2 front + 1 rear are connected to Fractal fan HUB, which is a part of my Meshify 2 case and the fan hub is connected directly to the PSU for power. The 4-pin cable from fan HUB is then connected to SYS_FAN1 header, 1 front is connected directly to the SYS_FAN2 and both CPU fans are connected to the CPU_Fan header, but they are both united with the 4-pin PWM Y-cable.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So, here is a question: are the Unify & Unify X sharing the same BIOS?
They do share the same naming convention (E7D28IMS.Axx)

The Latest posted for the X is A31, but there is a E7D28IMS.A42 as well. But The zip is named Unify, not X.....
MSI just being lazy? someone forgot/overlooked? or unlikely same naming convention but still different?
for the Pro Z690a, they all have different model numbers in BIOS files.

Who knows?

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nevermind, 1.42 for X came out this morning :D
And it still doesn’t do 1T

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
After 2 days of testing:
1.42 is not stable, 1.3x OC's do not hold
I went back to 1.31 and below are 3 Karhu stable OC's (6600/6666/6800) based on the G-Skill 6400/cl32 kit
As I'm on air, these are probably not the tightest they can be but they run the ram @ 1,4v 1,42v and 1,48v which seems a good compromise for daily usage
Also the biggest differences are in AIDA, in Y-Cruncher they all bench between 63.9 and 64.1sec, in GB5 all 2100/ 20300 (sc/mc)
both taking the best bench from 5/5 for each setting. 6600 therefore probably being the best deal for daily usage (1.40v with 98% of the 6800 performance @ 1.48v)

Blue Product Font Computer Screenshot

Product Font Screenshot Software Electronic device

Product Font Screenshot Software Technology

·
Rig Advisor
4,389 Posts
After 2 days of testing:
1.42 is not stable, 1.3x OC's do not hold
I went back to 1.31 and below are 3 Karhu stable OC's (6600/6666/6800) based on the G-Skill 6400/cl32 kit
As I'm on air, these are probably not the tightest they can be but they run the ram @ 1,4v 1,42v and 1,48v which seems a good compromise for daily usage
Also the biggest differences are in AIDA, in Y-Cruncher they all bench between 63.9 and 64.1sec, in GB5 all 2100/ 20300 (sc/mc)
both taking the best bench from 5/5 for each setting. 6600 therefore probably being the best deal for daily usage (1.40v with 98% of the 6800 performance @ 1.48v)

View attachment 2561512
View attachment 2561513
View attachment 2561514
Keep going, you are almost there.

Font Screenshot Electronic device Technology Software

Font Screenshot Technology Parallel Rectangle

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
anyone any progress on stable 1T settings?
If so, pls share Dragonball. And memory modules used.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
anyone any progress on stable 1T settings?
If so, pls share Dragonball. And memory modules used.
You should probably check out the DDR5 thread - or the 'Maximus' thread filled with former Apex users that have managed to overclock memory (like, at all) on the Unify-X after ASUS botched many of the Apex boards.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've read the whole DDR5 thread, the combi of skill 6400/32 with Unfiy-X on 1T, Karhu stable is not there.
It's not about other boards, or generic 6600/6800 results. It's SPECIFIC about running 1T on the Unify-X with G-Skill 6400/32

·
Premium Member
2,520 Posts
I've read the whole DDR5 thread, the combi of skill 6400/32 with Unfiy-X on 1T, Karhu stable is not there.
It's not about other boards, or generic 6600/6800 results. It's SPECIFIC about running 1T on the Unify-X with G-Skill 6400/32
I think it comes down to MB. You only see high clock 1t on specific MB being z690 Kingpin and Unify itx. Others like Unify x, Apex etc usually 1t is in the 6400 range. You might see an Apex run 6600 1t that passed Karhu but then you see that same person running 6800 to 70002t so 1t must not work that well and the performance of higher clocks 2t usually beats 1t at lower frequency.

Also people use GB3 because it has a memory specific test section and tuning memory timing will show a difference. GB5 is more CPU related from what i can tell. (answering from seeing you ask in other threads)

But to compare GB3 most run 64bit so you need to purchase it to compare to others results. I bought it as it is a easy way to compare memory performance to others.

Photoworx in Aida64 is also senstiive to memory tuning so even slight changes are measureable that wont show up in the normal Aida64 memory benchmark.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ThnX, Ok,I’ve purchased GB5,.
there are plenty of examples here of Unify-X on 1T, but with BIOS 1.2u4, which is nowhere to be found anymore and none of them confirming the DDR set they have been succesful with.
It might be that they‘ve done it with Fury’s and the g-skill spd tables having locked out 1T. That’s what I’m trying to find out. Finding a combi that mirrors mine with evidence that, at any speed it works stable.
I posted 6600 1T settings last weekend, benched fine, just not being able to get them 10k%+ coverage Karhu stable.
when spending €1.200 on a mem/board combo, you expect these things to work.
there have also been messages about 1T being broken after BIOS 1.2

·
Rig Advisor
4,389 Posts
Would anyone happen to have all the bios for this board that they would zip up and share???
I have 3 or so I would happily share on discord. Good to see a HWBOT discord name I recognize appear here. There are a few on MSI's site here:

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You want A31 or A2, I had very inconsistent results with A42, Settings that have been Karhu stable on A31, randomly not posting, or err in Karhu between 3000 - 5000%
A2 allows posting with 1T, A31 doesn't
Haven't been able to get those 1T values Karhu stable though, even not at JEDEC SPD 4800 default.
It's probably some exotic setting somewhere, that I'm not aware off. That's why I'm looking for Karhu stable (10.000% coverage+) done on this board.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hey, I'm wondering what is going in with the fan controller on my Unify-X that I just got... I had Apex prior to this board, but it had a faulty ram slot, so I returned it and that is the reason why I switched to Unify-X, since everyone was saying good things about it. RAM works perfectly fine, but now the fans are being weird...

Ok, now I don't know if I am just the unluckiest guy in the world, but on Unify-X I have a problem with fans not being as responsive... They take some time to reach max RPM, while in BIOS I have it set to PWM, Smart Fan Mode and 0,1 ms ramp up and down time... The thing is, the fans are taking almost 1 second to increase speed slowly by like +50 RPM a second... On Apex it took like 2 - 3 seconds to reach 1550 from 550 RPM, on Unify-X it takes like 10+ seconds??!?

Does anyone else experience the same with their Unify-X board? Will or could a firmware ever fix this or did I just get another faulty board?

Found a couple of people reporting the same thing over at the MSI's official forum: LINK.

Edit: I am also on BIOS A30. All software is up to date.
Im using a program called fan control from windows for the fans, so have no idea.But im glad your memory works fine

1 - 20 of 113 Posts