Overclock.net banner
2241 - 2259 of 2259 Posts

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Okz,

so this BIOS is acting very very similar to 1.0.0.3, just with improvements.

So far, PCIe is stable at 101 mhz.

3800/1900 is still a no go when compared with .MO BIOS but I have not got round to playing with some of the new 'features'

New feature

1/ We now have smaller increments available to us when increasing the BCLK but unfortunately only whole numbers take effect
2/ The VDDG voltage has been broken into two voltage planes (CCD & IOD) which can be ran in sync or be given independent values (need to read up on these).

At this moment in time I am stress testing with 3733/1867 and BCLK @ 101 mhz ..........

·
OG AMD
9,023 Posts
Okz,

so this BIOS is acting very very similar to 1.0.0.3, just with improvements.

So far, PCIe is stable at 101 mhz.

3800/1900 is still a no go when compared with .MO BIOS but I have not got round to playing with some of the new 'features'

New feature

1/ We now have smaller increments available to us when increasing the BCLK but unfortunately only whole numbers take effect
2/ The VDDG voltage has been broken into two voltage planes (CCD & IOD) which can be ran in sync or be given independent values (need to read up on these).

At this moment in time I am stress testing with 3733/1867 and BCLK @ 101 mhz ..........
You keep blaming motherboard for IF speeds but it is your cpu. Has nothing to do with X370 chipset...no Ryzen can run over 1900MHz IF. My X470 Taichi will not run 3600MHz stable, but I don't care because efficienct is best below that.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
You keep blaming motherboard for IF speeds but it is your cpu. Has nothing to do with X370 chipset...no Ryzen can run over 1900MHz IF. My X470 Taichi will not run 3600MHz stable, but I don't care because efficienct is best below that.
Erm...... sorry to burst your bubble but the release BIOS for the Ryzen 3000 series for my motherboard was 100% stable with IF frequency of 1900 with memory running @ 3800 mhz (at the settings in my sig....).

All other BIOS versions to date are not stable @ 1900/3800 mhz

:eek:

·
OG AMD
9,023 Posts
Erm...... sorry to burst your bubble but the release BIOS for the Ryzen 3000 series for my motherboard was 100% stable with IF frequency of 1900 with memory running @ 3800 mhz (at the settings in my sig....).

All other BIOS versions to date are not stable @ 1900/3800 mhz

:eek:
Great numbers...have any AIDA or memory bench sores?

Oh yeah was the problems before or after you glued heatsinks on your Bdie RAM with aluminum glue?

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Great numbers...have any AIDA or memory bench sores?

Oh yeah was the problems before or after you glued heatsinks on your Bdie RAM with aluminum glue?
Hi!

The issue was occuring before my failed mods (ended up killing both sticks the second one in even stanger circumstances!).

The link below has a spreadsheet comparing release version Ryzen 3000 series BIOS against the next release BIOS that broke my 1900/3800 settings.

As the later versions cannot run 1900/3800 all tests were run at 1867/3733

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XASWJTlEYHPPOaoeYYaR3p9ed9CmG538sUXID6D0jDc/edit#gid=0

See screenshot below for AIDA64 result with release BIOS for Ryzen 3000 series (100% stable for my use case)

1900/3800
tCL 15
tRCDRD 15
tRCDWR 10
tRP 15
tRAS 28
tRC 46
tRFC 266
tFAW 16
tWR 10

·
OG AMD
9,023 Posts
Hi!

The issue was occuring before my failed mods (ended up killing both sticks the second one in even stanger circumstances!).

The link below has a spreadsheet comparing release version Ryzen 3000 series BIOS against the next release BIOS that broke my 1900/3800 settings.

As the later versions cannot run 1900/3800 all tests were run at 1867/3733

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XASWJTlEYHPPOaoeYYaR3p9ed9CmG538sUXID6D0jDc/edit#gid=0

See screenshot below for AIDA64 result with release BIOS for Ryzen 3000 series (100% stable for my use case)

1900/3800
tCL 15
tRCDRD 15
tRCDWR 10
tRP 15
tRAS 28
tRC 46
tRFC 266
tFAW 16
tWR 10

Interesting. I think you may have your timings too tight.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Interesting. I think you may have your timings too tight.
Hi! I am on x370 motherboard, not as efficient as x470. Though I am working through my memory settings from scratch as the latest BIOS is allowing me to have stability at 3800/1900mhz.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I dropped a 3900X into this MOBO and it runs like a champ. My memory even runs at its rated speed now. The memory kit I'm using is the G.Skill F4-3200C14D-32GTZ. It's 3200Mhz at 14-14-14-34 using A-XMP.
Great to hear!

So the latest BIOS has started playing nice with 3800/1900, at last!

However my BIOS settings for the original BIOS release for the Ryzen 3000 series CPUs are not stable as they were before, so I am working from a clean slate.

Once I have dialled these in I will post back.....

:)

·
Folding Fanatic
1,513 Posts
Looks like I'm late to the x370 party, I just picked up this board over the weekend second hand to use in an all silver rig in an old school silver lian li case. Another folding rig, of course. I've got a r5 1600 in it, and no matter what I try I can't seem to figure out how to enable manual multiplier control in the bios. I tried the search so sorry if this has been discussed before, but I came up empty.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Looks like I'm late to the x370 party, I just picked up this board over the weekend second hand to use in an all silver rig in an old school silver lian li case. Another folding rig, of course. I've got a r5 1600 in it, and no matter what I try I can't seem to figure out how to enable manual multiplier control in the bios. I tried the search so sorry if this has been discussed before, but I came up empty.
Hi,

its at the top of section for overclocking, where MSI has it on all its Ryzen motherboards

Press F7 to change mode to advanced

Look link below

It may have changed in later BIOS to type a multiplier rather than the frequency, but its in the same location the setting you are looking for.

I have the same motherboard but am currently on an X570 and dont have a spare CPU to post the Titanium to give you more detailed explanation.

BTW, if you are in Europe and are interested I will be selling the EK monoblock I have for this motherboard....

** EDIT **
Scrub that, see you are in the US.....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Surprisingly a new bios is out - 7A31v1MT(Beta version)

While the release notes simply say 'Windows 11 support', various internet articles suggest this is a round of AMD-sanctioned x370/b350 bios fully updated with Vermeer support enabled.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, i just bought a 3900x to use with my board, updated to the latest bios, but no dice. I had the same issues and tried the same solutions as phillyd stated in this and his own post, but still no solution. The 00 code is just stuck there, is there anything i can try? i'm losing my patience here :(. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
10,252 Posts
Have you tried relieving the mounting pressure on the cooler? Check voltage on the battery? Cmos jumper in proper position? populate different dimm sockets one at a time? Throw $#I# against the wall and see what sticks
Hi all, i just bought a 3900x to use with my board, updated to the latest bios, but no dice. I had the same issues and tried the same solutions as phillyd stated in this and his own post, but still no solution. The 00 code is just stuck there, is there anything i can try? i'm losing my patience here :(. Thanks!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I didn't think we'd see this but we now have a new bios with a functional update...not seen since January 2019.

We might all have been running with a potential stuttering issue that MSI knew about and didn't address until now according to the release notes:

AMI BIOS7A31v1O2 (Beta version) 2022-05-10 9.64 MB
  • Description:
    • Update to AGESA ComboAm4v2PI 1.2.0.7.
    • Improve the intermittent performance stuttering issue.
    • Change the default setting of Secure Boot.
Available direct from MSI here: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/X370-XPOWER-GAMING-TITANIUM/support

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I didn't think we'd see this but we now have a new bios with a functional update...not seen since January 2019.

We might all have been running with a potential stuttering issue that MSI knew about and didn't address until now according to the release notes:

AMI BIOS7A31v1O2 (Beta version) 2022-05-10 9.64 MB
  • Description:
    • Update to AGESA ComboAm4v2PI 1.2.0.7.
    • Improve the intermittent performance stuttering issue.
    • Change the default setting of Secure Boot.
Available direct from MSI here: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/X370-XPOWER-GAMING-TITANIUM/support
Are you going to try with a 5800x3d? 😃

·
Premium Member
10,252 Posts
The 3900X may not be compatible with the latest bios.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Are you going to try with a 5800x3d? 😃
Nope. The 5800X3D is a waste of money and effort in my view and it's the other Vermeer CPUs now supported that i'm pleased about.

Matisse has an updated SMU from the last bios as well.

All the APUs also have updated SMU in this release including added support for Renoir and Cezanne. The X370 Titanium has a very good display out section but has seemed a bit temperamental to me so maybe this round of updates will help.

Weirdly there's now no specific SMU for Pinnacle Ridge CPUs but Summit Ridge is still there. This is not particular to MSI as i see this in the latest (1.2.0.6c & 1.2.0.7) bios from Asrock and Gigabyte too. Maybe AMD made a mistake, maybe they've figured out how to aggregate models. It will be extremely odd if 1xxx CPUs still work and 2xxx CPUs don't.

Overall it's just good to have a functional update to a perfectly viable motherboard...we had 3+ years where we've seen no updates at all.

2241 - 2259 of 2259 Posts