1 - 20 of 2952 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I haven't gotten a chance to play one, but I'm picking one up when it comes out this weekend. I'm really excited, though not much can deter me from Nintendo's next product
biggrin.gif
I'm a bit dissapointed at the battery life and launch line up, but I'm picking up Super Street Figher IV (don't have it for a console) and am looking forward to that. It should tide me over till we get the big games (OoT, Kid Icarus, and games later down the road too).

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
I pre-ordered 2, but after a lot of thinking I don't know if I should cancel my Amazon order or just decide when I have them in my hand and eitehr return them, keep them or see if they sell for a profit.

Now I just can't seem to justify paying $250 for them, specially when I haven't sold my daughter's (cough mine) Dsi XL.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oupavoc;12818353
Yeah I heard about the 5hrs tops for the battery life. Do you guys think they will make a 3DS lite with better life?
I'm sure they will. Lots of people seem to think it will be out in a few months though, which is ridiculous of course. I'd say 1.5 years minimum, 3 years maximum before it comes out.

·
**** Linux
2,379 Posts
Nyko? is releases a battery pack that attached to the back of the 3DS, supposed to increase battery life to something like well over double. Can get that pack + a charging dock for it for $30. Kotaku had a write up about it.

To me, I see no point in getting a 3DS right now considering the launch titles are complete trash and nothing decent will come out for several months. And by then, hype will have died and sale prices will be aplenty. I'm going to wait to get one until the next pokemon game(which is surely to support 3D) since that's the only game I play on the DS anyways.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
me and my partner will definitely be getting a 3ds but not in the current revision, i experienced lag issues with the AR Gameplay

i also managed to crashed the thing... and the sales rep tried to say the battery might of died... which explains why after 5 mins of not being able to shutdown, it was eventualy able to restart

i do have confidence in the system, but my purchase will definetly not be the first revisions.. i never buy first revisions on immature tech.

·
Premium Member
5,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by GekzOverlord;12819893
me and my partner will definitely be getting a 3ds but not in the current revision, i experienced lag issues with the AR Gameplay

i also managed to crashed the thing... and the sales rep tried to say the battery might of died... which explains why after 5 mins of not being able to shutdown, it was eventualy able to restart

i do have confidence in the system, but my purchase will definetly not be the first revisions.. i never buy first revisions on immature tech.
yeah thats what im thinking too

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
After reading all the posts I think I'm going to cancel my pre-order since I might not be able to resell them if I end up not wanting them.

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts
I already bought mine, just waiting for release day. The battery life doesn't worry me, at all because: I will probably rarely ever take it anywhere; it's bound to be a few weeks, at most, before someone releases a higher capacity, drop-in aftermarket battery.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dskina;12830583
I already bought mine, just waiting for release day. The battery life doesn't worry me, at all because: I will probably rarely ever take it anywhere; it's bound to be a few weeks, at most, before someone releases a higher capacity, drop-in aftermarket battery.
Yeah, I know some companies are already planning them.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I've spent a lot of time with a 3DS and can tell you this:

If all you're planning to play are Nintendo first party games, you probably won't be deceived (Icarus, the new Mario and the remakes of Star Fox 64 and Ocarina of Time are all looking amazing), there are also really cool features beyond making that will make the console a hit for those in urban areas (especially buses) or schools.

The 3D needs to be really tuned and can cause eye strain in a matter of minutes if not properly calibrated. Since I have a invalid eye that cannot be corrected with lens, the 3D is almost unnoticeable for me, unfortunately.

The console also seems to be already hacked, unfortunately, which means hardcore games are probably going to be scarce since they are always the first to get pirated, thus not making the platform very tempting for developers.

Hope this helped.

·
Premium Member
8,052 Posts
I would wait a couple months before it is released, if I do plan on getting it, there are very few release titles that are for it (if not exclusively) that I would want to play, and from what I am gathering about how it works, there shouldn't be any reason that some of those games aren't backwards compatible (might not be though, time will tell).

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I bought mine on launch day here in Europe March 25th, the 3D is the best I have ever seen (comparing to 3D movies using stereoscopic, nvidia 3D vision and such) but the viewing angle although not as bad as I thought it was going to be is bad. The camera is not bad, you just need good lighting, the AR card works extremely well. The first game I got is Nintendogs
tongue.gif
I just love that game even thought I might be a little bit old for it heh

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
I forgot to mention, when testing out the AR cards. the AR card was placed onto a white semi reflective surface. the 3DS couldnt pick it up at all... hopefully this was just some bad luck for me (i know about the distance and initial viewing angle of when u first want the AR card to display)

1 - 20 of 2952 Posts