Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I have not seen any threads on here for Amiibos, I thought we could use one. Feel free to list the Amiibos you've collected so far and which ones you're looking for. Hopefully we can all work together so we can help track down the more rare ones.

I've found a tool for Target that lets you track by DCPI number via Reddit:

http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker

Here are the DCPI's as well:

http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/2pvyt2/target_inventory_tracker/

Also, while I know you cannot sell items anywhere else but the marketplace, I'm not sure what the terms are for trading. It would be great if we could trade any rare Amiibos we have for ones we are still looking for. I personally have found two Captain Falcons, but am looking for Little Mac and Pit.

Here is my Collection so far:

1st Wave:

Mario
Link
Peach
Donkey Kong
Star Fox
Picachu
Kirby
Samus
Wii Fit Trainer
Villager
Yoshi
Marth

2nd Wave:
Zelda
Luigi
Captain Falcon (2)
Diddy Kong (2)

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To Amiibos? They work kinda like Skylanders or Disney Infinity but they interact with certain Nintendo games. For a lot of us, they're collectables like a lot of things and certain ones are rare

·
Registered
287 Posts
They're also similar to Skylanders and Infinity that you can store character data in them. So things like customizations to your Mario in Smash Brothers can be carried over. But yeah, I think the main appeal is in collecting them. In that regard, they seem to me like Funko Pops with functional ties to the Wii-U and the new Nintendo 3DS consoles.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I have a Kirby, but the only game I've found so far that lets you do anything remotely interesting with them is Smash (even this its meh). Hyrule warriors lets you get a random weapon every day for each amibo you have, and it unlocks costumes in Mario Kart (just barrow one).

The only other Wii U game I have is Super Mario 3d world, and I don't think it does anything in that.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, again I'm mostly in this for collecting and I'd like to be able to trade. Reddit already has a dedicated section for this. I'm amazed this hasn't caught on here yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts