5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Official NVIDIA GeForce GTX285 Thread

Created and administered by: Open1Your1Eyes0

XFX

EVGA

BFG

MSI

This thread is for all NVIDIA GeForce GTX285 owners to refer to for comparison in performance so the rules to this thread are very simple, be as thorough as possible and post the following things in your post. These are optional but highly recommended.
  • Average FPS on Crysis or Crysis Warhead on all "Very High" or "Enthusiast" settings with at least 1280x1024 resolution or higher.
  • Any Overclocking information on your entire system (if overclocked).
    [Include CPU OC, RAM OC, and/or GPU OC]
Please provide the following screenshots for support
  • Screenshot of GPUZ on "Graphics Card" tab.
  • Screenshot of CPUZ on "CPU" tab.
  • Screenshot of CPUZ on "Mainboard" tab.
  • Screenshot of CPUZ on "Memory" tab.
  • Screenshot of 3DMark06 results on default settings.
  • Screenshot of 3DMark Vantage results on "Performance" mode.
  • Screenshot of Crysis Benchmark Tool results with all settings on "Very High".
  • Screenshot of Crysis Warhead Benchmark Tool results with all settings on "Enthusiast".
Please put this code in your signature to support this thread

Code:

Code:
[CODE]
[CENTER]:clock:[URL="http://www.overclock.net/nvidia/482744-official-nvidia-geforce-gtx285-thread.html"]Official [B]NVIDIA GeForce GTX285[/B] Thread[/URL]:clock:[/CENTER]
[/CODE]

Also any other information applicable would be great. Thank you all in advance and I hope we can all help those in desperate search of this information.

Results by Open1Your1Eyes0

I used the following system to achieve these results:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R (rev. 1.1)
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 (Overclocked to 4.22GHz)
RAM: G.Skill 4GB DDR2-PC8500 1066MHz (5-5-5-15-2T Timings) (Overclocked to 1068MHz)
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX285 (NVIDIA GeForce 191.03 Beta Drivers)
PSU: Corsair TX750W (750 Watts)
Hard Drive: Two Western Digital 160GB in RAID0 (SATA II 3.0 Gbps)

The following photos are of the system used:

The following are results for stock clocks:

End of results by Open1Your1Eyes0

Best Drivers For The NVIDIA GeForce GTX285 (186.18)

Click Here To Download Drivers Windows XP 32-bit
Click Here To Download Drivers Windows XP 64-bit
Click Here To Download Drivers Windows Vista 32-bit
Click Here To Download Drivers Windows Vista 64-bit
Click Here To Download Drivers Windows 7 32-bit
Click Here To Download Drivers Windows 7 64-bit

Latest PhysX System Software For The NVIDIA GeForce GTX285 (v9.09.1112)

Click Here To Download For All Windows Versions

Latest NVIDIA SLI Profiles For The NVIDIA GeForce GTX285 (v4.0)

Click Here To Download For All Windows Versions

Download The Software Used Above

GPUZ v0.3.8: Click Here To Download
CPUZ v1.52: Click Here To Download
CPUZ 64-bit v1.52: Click Here To Download
3DMark06 v1.10: Click Here To Download
3DMark Vantage v1.01: Click Here To Download
Crysis Demo: Click Here To Download
Crysis Benchmark Tool v1.05: Click Here To Download
Crysis Warhead Benchmark Tool v0.33: Click Here To Download
FurMark Stability Testing Tool v1.8.0: Click Here To Download

Owner's List

10acjed
3D Modeller
ACHILEE5
aka
Anth0789
Arakasi
azcrazy
Bane99
BinaryBird
Blameless
boebi
Br3dbite
cdolphin
DeadSkull
DeathTyrant
DJ4th
epidemic
fliq
FtW 420
Ghostleader
GI_Manny
goldknight
hackm0d
Hailscott
haste266
iamwardicus
jam1e
Jason4i7
Jnesses
JoeyTB
kromar
laxrunner
Lipe123
manolith
mothow
ninja01
nseaton1
Paradox me
pjnt
Powelly
roanie25
rx7racer
SlicketyRickety
slickwilly
SniperXX
spacegoast
staryoshi
Stiggin
tankkiller101
Thar
trueg50
veblen
vwmikeyouhoo
wolfrifle16
XxSilent22xX
Yukss

·
Registered
398 Posts
Man Open you got one too! I just ordered mine from Dell. Nice
I will def join up and post my results when I get my card in a few weeks, they were out out stock, but I do not mind waiting a few weeks for the price I got it for.

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakethesnake011 View Post
I will def join up and post my results when I get my card in a few weeks, they were out out stock, but I do not mind waiting a few weeks for the price I got it for.
Got mine for $290.
How much was yours?

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Quote:

Me to what day does yours say it will ship out?Mines says 4/15/09.Mine will be $281 shipped once its back in stock.But im tempted to cancle it and get mine from newegg with with COD .With the game and a $30 rebate i wont loose anthing,Since i plan on getting the game anyway

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will now begin adding people to the Owner's List so if you would like to have your name added please have the NVIDIA Geforce GTX285 listed in your main system's Graphics Card section and post here with the following line (in bold):

I would like to be added to the Owner's List.

Thanks for your cooperation.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I was pumped when I found the deal. I got the BFG OCX edition. and it was $286, with tax so $300.

I have a ship date of 4/10/09 at the latest, but he said mine was in stock so maybe faster. it not like it is a computer were they have to build it, all they have to do is pull it off the shelf and ship it, so I am hoping for sooner. But why cancel the one's on Newegg, are like 80 bucks more and then you get the rebate, the OCX is like 100 bucks more, plus you can return it 21 days you get it and say it was not comptable with system when sales rep said it should, and prob not be charged a restock fee and then just get a new card. If I do not like it I am returning it and getting a 295 or a 4870x2 or a 4890 not sure yet, but I think I will like it a lot.

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by SlicketyRickety View Post
If it's Official then you can't say you have to have a crysis bench not everyone has crysis.
That's only meant for those that do have the game. Plus you can download the demo for free.

EDIT: Just updated the links. Posted link to download the Crysis Demo.

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

I was pumped when I found the deal. I got the BFG OCX edition. and it was $286, with tax so $300.

I have a ship date of 4/10/09 at the latest, but he said mine was in stock so maybe faster. it not like it is a computer were they have to build it, all they have to do is pull it off the shelf and ship it, so I am hoping for sooner. But why cancel the one's on Newegg, are like 80 bucks more and then you get the rebate, the OCX is like 100 bucks more, plus you can return it 21 days you get it and say it was not comptable with system when sales rep said it should, and prob not be charged a restock fee and then just get a new card. If I do not like it I am returning it and getting a 295 or a 4870x2 or a 4890 not sure yet, but I think I will like it a lot.
I will be posting some benchmarks very soon.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Thanks Open I will be looking forward, I will go back and compare those to your 4850 x2 benchies and see how this stacks up against it. And I will do the same also. From BitTech.com http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/gra...-285-ocx-1gb/1

This card runs close to or above the 4850 x2 just a tad, very close and it is 1 gpu, so SLI these 2 and OMG, it would fly. That is why I got it, since I can SLI these and get great performance a few months from now. I was gonna do another 4850x2 or a 4870 x2, but then if I get another, I do not want 4 GPUs... It would be messy and drivers are just not close yet to doing a 4gpu solution.

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Thanks Open I will be looking forward, I will go back and compare those to your 4850 x2 benchies and see how this stacks up against it. And I will do the same also. From BitTech.com http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/gra...-285-ocx-1gb/1

This card runs close to or above the 4850 x2 just a tad, very close and it is 1 gpu, so SLI these 2 and OMG, it would fly. That is why I got it, since I can SLI these and get great performance a few months from now. I was gonna do another 4850x2 or a 4870 x2, but then if I get another, I do not want 4 GPUs... It would be messy and drivers are just not close yet to doing a 4gpu solution.
If I find the link I once saw a vid of someone running three GTX285's in tri-SLI and in Crysis they were getting 60 FPS at 2560x1600 and 16xQ AA.

By the way, +rep for finding this review.

EDIT: Didn't find the exact video but one like it. Enjoy!

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Open1Your1Eyes0
View Post

That's only meant for those that do have the game. Plus you can download the demo for free.

EDIT: Just updated the links. Posted link to download the Crysis Demo.

Wewt thanks.

Will update*

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'd like to apologize ahead of time if something is not working on the original post for anyone. I will be updating this thread constantly tonight so there may be moments where something may be offline. I will keep an eye on it.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I like the video. That speed is nice and it looks fluid which is the best, no stutters. I can not say that now. I love playing Crysis Wars, which is why I got this card also, it seems to do much better than the 4850 x2 in Crysis. My 4850x2 was getting around 25 FPS at 1080p x4AA and it was sometimes bad, like 12 fps in areas
I hope to see some improvements will let you all know.

·
Initializing...
23,790 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Open1Your1Eyes0
View Post

Keep in mind, if anyone would like to be placed on the "Owner's List" please post a request here any time.

Sure thing! I don't mind being on.

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/4nqe5/

Had mine a month paid big bucks for it $460 CDN of coarse... But its worth it.

1 - 20 of 359 Posts