Overclock.net banner
1121 - 1128 of 1128 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I am enjoying right now in Greece a heatwave .. 35~37 C out door all day long, and 30C indoor.
Since today I am now exploring my MSI GTX1060 6GB OC iGAMER, thermal behaviour, and so far I am extremely happy of how this deals with 30C intake at gaming conditions.:)
Now I have gained 100% confidence that MSI did fantastic work with this GPU cooler.
GPU fan rpm never goes higher than 50% of it own max at 3200 rpm !! ;)

·
Registered
788 Posts
I am enjoying right now in Greece a heatwave .. 35~37 C out door all day long, and 30C indoor.
Since today I am now exploring my MSI GTX1060 6GB OC iGAMER, thermal behaviour, and so far I am extremely happy of how this deals with 30C intake at gaming conditions.:)
Now I have gained 100% confidence that MSI did fantastic work with this GPU cooler.
GPU fan rpm never goes higher than 50% of it own max at 3200 rpm !! ;)
It's running cool because you're using ~34% of the available processing power. Is that just from using V-sync?

Here's how mine looks running Heaven with no frame cap

The reason the core clock and voltage stay locked at 2050MHz @ 0.950V is because I'm using the curve editor in Afterburner to set the max voltage to 0.950 while leaving the power limit maxed, that way the card never reaches PL and downclocks. It should allow for the most consistent frametimes if the GPU isn't constantly hunting for the right clock speed. It also uses less power now, since default settings had it running at 0.993 like your card.

·
Like a fox!
2,792 Posts
It's running cool because you're using ~34% of the available processing power. Is that just from using V-sync?
It's only using 34% GPU usage because they're using a Core2Quad @ Stock speed with it. I tried to explain to them about why that's kind of a terrible pairing but they don't want to hear any of my 'suggestions'.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts

View attachment 2515651
At battlefield V, there is an option to limit FPS under monitor screen actual refresh rate.
No this is not V-sync active.

Therefore and probably, this game setting does not aloud the card to make FPS spikes over 75FPS at 75Hz refresh (at full screen).
In windowed mode I can see up to 200FPS LOL

At On-line games ,FPS this always relevant to network conditions, I am bench-marking the system at specific private server, 70~80ms delay all times.
What I found as exceptional so far, this is VGA operation with out triggering at all of NVIDIA limiter circuit.
I am now a tad bellow 1080P resolution, this causes lower GPU usage, but FPS they kept stable at over 55 most of times.
Soon I will switch to better internet provider, if network latency become 45~55ms, then FPS these will become more constant = Less GPU usage fluctuation.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
It's only using 34% GPU usage because they're using a Core2Quad @ Stock speed with it. I tried to explain to them about why that's kind of a terrible pairing but they don't want to hear any of my 'suggestions'.
Too soon for verdicts, but I am determined all previews suggestions to be rewritten with fresh ink.

·
Like a fox!
2,792 Posts
Too soon for verdicts, but I am determined all previews suggestions to be rewritten with fresh ink.
That's not necessary. The data is already out there on the internet. We can look at release day reviews from the GTX 1060 video cards along with people posting youtube reviews on multiple different types of hardware to see that you would gain higher gpu utilization and higher framerate performance by pairing that video card with a newer motherboard with faster processor. It is a fact and it's how computers work. What you have there is what is referred to as a "CPU Bottleneck". You can deny it all you like but that does not change the facts as they are. Your old system is holding back that video card. Nothing you do to it (including upgrading that platform to the fastest possible processor it could support) is going to allow you to see the full potential of that video card until you upgrade and replace that entire platform to something made at least within the past 5 years.

On one side this is kind of a good thing: You won't need to replace your video card for a good while now and now you can focus on upgrading the other half of the system later over time.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
You can deny it all you like but that does not change the facts as they are. Your old system is holding back that video card. Nothing you do to it (including upgrading that platform to the fastest possible processor it could support) is going to allow you to see the full potential of that video card
You seem in pain, because my system this is totally capable to do advanced gaming according to my own expectations and requirements.
Its not for sale, but you can have it for 10.000 USD.

·
Like a fox!
2,792 Posts
You seem in pain, because my system this is totally capable to do advanced gaming according to my own expectations and requirements.
Its not for sale, but you can have it for 10.000 USD.
I'm certainly not "In pain" but you very well might be if you attempt to play any modern games on that system. You expressed interest in Battlefield 5 previously in this thread. You're certainly never going to see 60 FPS minimums in BFV with that computer configuration at 1080p. It would struggle to barely manage 30 or above. Which 30 FPS in a game like BFV is barely considered playable and most people wouldn't even endure that game like that. The only way to get it to work and be smooth and actually enjoyable to play would be either you reduce it to a much lower resolution and/or run the game with all settings on the lowest possible. It might work for single player but that certainly wouldn't be acceptable for any sort of multiplayer attempts.

In fact you can even look here: Battlefield V PC System Requirements - An Official EA Site

The minimum specification to run BFV is listed as the i5-6600K, which is several generations newer than what you have. So your machine doesn't even meet the minimum specifications to run the game at all.

1121 - 1128 of 1128 Posts