Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 11660 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1


How to Join




Click HERE and fill out the form.

You will automatically be added to the owners club.

Your submission will be validated.



This thread will also feature an Overclock Leaderboard

once cards start showing up in consumer's hands.

Look for the sign-up here.

Owners and Overclock Leaders


https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1o-XxaSdUIrKeAwDj3QhbOatYQZjURlVCV9DyU4nxiLM/pubhtml?widget=true&headers=false

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't seen one yet, but I'd be willing to guess a lot of the discussion will happen here if my Haswell-E thread is any indication.

If it does I will link it in the first post
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,945 Posts
Trying to figure if the EVGA ACX 3.0 is that much better than the founders edition. Currently the founders edition is $79 more.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
337 Posts
They use the same PCB, only difference would be temps/sound. If putting it under water either, if air definitely ACX 3.0

My founders edition EVGA 1080 will be here in a few days with an EK block/back plate on the way too, can't wait
smile.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,945 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by traxtech View Post

They use the same PCB, only difference would be temps/sound. If putting it under water either, if air definitely ACX 3.0

My founders edition EVGA 1080 will be here in a few days with an EK block/back plate on the way too, can't wait
smile.gif
Problem with their site crashing from demand I had no chance to see the differences until now. I thought that like a bad consumer "Higher Price = Better card", Its a $79 difference between the ACX 3.0 and Founders Edition.

I shot them a call and they said I would have to cancel my step up (get out of queue) and try to get through the site again.

I guess, I could just try calling them if they approve the step up and see if that helps?

What would you do. Just be happy I got through?

#BuyersRemorse
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Has anybody fired on the Founders Editions? I see stock fluctuating for the Asus ones on NewEgg. Looks like they had them in stock three different times.
 

·
ٴٴٴ╲⎝⧹˙͜>˙⧸⎠╱
Joined
·
6,437 Posts

·
Senior OCN Member
Joined
·
40,218 Posts
I am really split between the Asus Strix and the new Gigabyte Gaming GTX 1080 cards.
Going to wait for reviews of both before i make a final decision.

Not sure if i should upgrade my CPU / motherboard and RAM first and get video cards later or upgrade the video cards first.
Is a non overclocked 3820 going to hold one or two GTX 1080 cards back?

Only site in denmark that has GTX 1080 cards is sold out and wont have cards in untill 2-3 weeks from now.
 

·
ٴٴٴ╲⎝⧹˙͜>˙⧸⎠╱
Joined
·
6,437 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverK1LL View Post

Has anybody fired on the Founders Editions? I see stock fluctuating for the Asus ones on NewEgg. Looks like they had them in stock three different times.
I have 8 coming, 4 from amazon and 4 from newegg. The newegg one's shipped already - but coming next week on Friday
frown.gif
The Amazon cards will be here on Tuesday (i pre-order last week).
the EK blocks .. ordered but "Processing"

edit: ** yep, i took all your cards!
smile.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,257 Posts
Hope to join club tomorrow if card gets here.

For those who do not care for Evga PX, found 1080 Afterburner beta tool http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/msi-afterburner-beta-download.html

A good write up here about it http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/geforce-gtx-1080-overclocking-guide-with-afterburner-4-3.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilka View Post

I am really split between the Asus Strix and the new Gigabyte Gaming GTX 1080 cards.
Going to wait for reviews of both before i make a final decision.

Not sure if i should upgrade my CPU / motherboard and RAM first and get video cards later or upgrade the video cards first.
Is a non overclocked 3820 going to hold one or two GTX 1080 cards back?

Only site in denmark that has GTX 1080 cards is sold out and wont have cards in untill 2-3 weeks from now.
Thats a tough decision, get the card, bottleneck will probably be minimal from cpu if any.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverK1LL View Post

Has anybody fired on the Founders Editions? I see stock fluctuating for the Asus ones on NewEgg. Looks like they had them in stock three different times.
Yeah I pulled the trigger on one as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurv View Post

I have 8 coming, 4 from amazon and 4 from newegg. The newegg one's shipped already - but coming next week on Friday
frown.gif
The Amazon cards will be here on Tuesday (i pre-order last week).
the EK blocks .. ordered but "Processing"

edit: ** yep, i took all your cards!
smile.gif
You building a rig in every room
thumb.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurv View Post

I have 8 coming, 4 from amazon and 4 from newegg. The newegg one's shipped already - but coming next week on Friday
frown.gif
The Amazon cards will be here on Tuesday (i pre-order last week).
the EK blocks .. ordered but "Processing"

edit: ** yep, i took all your cards!
smile.gif
It sounds like you have something wicked planned! What are you doing with them?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverK1LL View Post

It sounds like you have something wicked planned! What are you doing with them?
I have two systems. Both will be running 4 way. I'm not to worried about "support" for SLI from NVidia. It isn't like that supported that much in the past (and in the end they normally do if the engine supports it) - also the "limits" to SLI have been focused on dx12 games (which 0 have sli support now anyway).

I'm really looking forward a 4k gysnc 32" monitors with 1.4 DP. (hopefully oled too). My second system is connected to a 4k OLED 65" with HDR.

I'll play around with firemark ranking too. For a bit with the 980s i was #1. My titan build was in the top 5 for a long time.
http://www.3dmark.com/hall-of-fame-2/fire+strike+3dmark+score+ultra+preset/version+1.1 (seems i'm still #10.. but i think that will only be there for the next few days)

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurv View Post

I have two systems. Both will be running 4 way. I'm not to worried about "support" for SLI from NVidia. It isn't like that supported that much in the past (and in the end they normally do if the engine supports it) - also the "limits" to SLI have been focused on dx12 games (which 0 have sli support now anyway).

I'm really looking forward a 4k gysnc 32" monitors with 1.4 DP. (hopefully oled too). My second system is connected to a 4k OLED 65" with HDR.

I'll play around with firemark ranking too. For a bit with the 980s i was #1. My titan build was in the top 5 for a long time.
http://www.3dmark.com/hall-of-fame-2/fire+strike+3dmark+score+ultra+preset/version+1.1 (seems i'm still #10.. but i think that will only be there for the next few days)

I ordered 5 Titan's at launch as well, but reality set in when I tried to play my favorite games in Quad SLI. First I switched to Tri-SLI and had SOME success, as far as good scaling in about 50% of the games I played, then I switched to 2 cards, and for the most part the FPS I attained was within 10% or so, so I stayed there.

Even for 4K, I think 2 1080's would suffice. Why not wait until the 1080 Ti or Titan (?) comes out?
 
1 - 20 of 11660 Posts
Top