Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 16414 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nvidia GTX 980 Ti Owners Club

If you are looking for comparative info on the different models of 980 Ti's check out shilka's thread below.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1566669/nvidia-gtx-980-ti-comparison-thread/0_100




This is a club for Owners for the 980 Ti.

Fill out the form to set yourself apart from those that don't own this amazing card.

And we will ask that moderators remove all troll post.

Click here to fill out form

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A6o-La9jJMJTuWMMCeqC2wpMIXzikYgq16x5I5dUqf8/pubhtml?widget=true&headers=false

Code: Signature link

Code:
[URL=http://www.overclock.net/t/1558645/the-nvidia-gtx-980-ti-owners-club/]  [NVIDIA GTX 980 Ti Owner's Club][/URL]
1. Get nvflash from the first post. http://bit.ly/1LYAntY

2. Get the BIOS (.rom). Save to the same dir.

3. cmd window: Start, Run, cmd, right-click, Run as Administrator, go to the nvflash folder. Shows cards in system with ID nvflash --list

4. Device Manager: Start, run, device manager in Display adapters. right click/Disable all cards

5. cmd window: To flash: nvflash -6 GM200.rom Where GM200 is whatever BIOS you're using. Index option to specify which card to flash, ie. nvflash -6 --index=0 GM200.rom You will have to confirm 'y' a few times.

6. Device Manager: in Display adapters. right click/Enable all cards

7. Reboot, let the card get set up, reboot again.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheyster View Post

Here is a modded BIOS with 425W power target:

- Based on the EVGA SC BIOS, no boost limit
- 350W default power target at 100%
- 425W max power target at 121%

Use this BIOS if you want to avoid throttling. For flashing instructions see Page 1 of the Titan-X owner's club.
thumb.gif


Be sure to use the nvflash utility posted there as well.

Last but not least: DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK.

980Ti-SC-425.zip 152k .zip file

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheyster View Post

Here is a modded BIOS with 425W power target AND 1.281v when under load:

- Based on the EVGA SC BIOS, no boost limit
- 350W default power target at 100%
- 425W max power target at 121%
- 1.281v under load

THIS BIOS IS INTENDED FOR WATERCOOLING/BENCHING USE. Not recommended if you're on the stock air cooler.

Use PX or AB to dial in your +core and power target percentage. There is no need to adjust the voltage.

For flashing instructions see Page 1 of the Titan-X owner's club. thumb.gif

Be sure to use the nvflash utility posted there as well.

Last but not least: DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK.

980Ti-SC-425-1281mv.zip 152k .zip file


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheyster View Post

980 Ti MAXAIR BIOS for reference cards

This BIOS is intended for those who want to max out their OC on the stock cooler.

- Based on EVGA 980 Ti SC reference BIOS
- 1.250v at load
- 425W at 121% - 350W at 100%

To use this simply set +core, +mem, and power target in PX or AB. No need to touch voltage; the BIOS will provide 1.250v at load.

980Ti-SC-MaxAir.zip 152k .zip file


As always, flash at your own risk.
thumb.gif
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by motivman View Post

Just wanted to post my last and final bios after doing a lot of work to fix the bugs reported with my previous bios. So here we go.

Power Target: 375W
Voltage: 1.23v @ load. voltage slider in afterburner/Precision X does not do anything at all
Stock Boost Clock: 1291mhz (will not boost to 1493mhz like my earlier bios)

Have tested for the past 6 hours to make sure completely stable. please give it a try and share results. Thanks!

motivmanbiosfinal1230.zip 152k .zip file


I will really appreciate if OP will paste this to the front page and replace my previous bios. Thanks Again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
491 Posts
I have the EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Reference installed and have been testing it. I have the EVGA GTX 980 Hybrid and EVGA GTX 980 SC+ with Backplate coming on Friday. W00t! I won't be keeping all of them so I'd be open to getting rid of a few
smile.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,108 Posts
Hopefully I'll be joining soon. If i sell my iPhone 4s and galaxy S4 then I'll be at 450 towards the cost at which point I'll order a non reference as soon as available.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,955 Posts
I am getting mine today! Cant wait to retire my 780 from my main machine. I got the EVGA ACX 2.0+ SC+ Backplate
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts


Some quick tests compared to my Titan X...

Witcher 3 completely maxed settings @ 1440p -
60 min Novigrad square 77 max
75 min Dead Mans Tree 85 max

With a single Titan X I was getting dips of around 45 in the middle of Novigrad square with the avg rate in the high 50's,walking around the city it was low 60's,this is with Hairworks OFF on the Titan!. With the dual 980ti's it never goes below 60 and stays in the high 70's/low 80's walking around the city (Hairworks ON).

Just running around the world with a single Titan X and Hairworks ON I get mid 60's with the rarel dip into the 50's. With the 980ti's it never goes below 75 and is almost always in the 80's.

GTA V maxed with 2x MSAA and TXAA on @ 1440p
63 min driving around with traffic near Michaels house 95 max. It stays in the 80 range most of the time. If I turn off TXAA and MSAA its in the 100's.
Single Titan X would dip into the 50's and stay in the upper 60's with MSAA and TXAA off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,100 Posts
I just ordered mine yesterday from Newegg, the SC version. I can't wait. So is there a back plate that works with this card?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
83 Posts
I'll order one if I can ever find it in stock. I'm keeping at tab open on nowinstock to see if a 980 ti w/ acx 2.0 comes back in stock, but I'm thinking I might just order a reference card.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Is it possible, that one of you could upload the bios. I'm very interested in the difference between the titan x one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I feel like I lucked out in getting mine ordered on Sunday when they first hit the nvidia site, though a nice aftermarket cooler would have been ok too.

Perhaps the stock cooler will be the push I need to get back into water.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickles View Post

I feel like I lucked out in getting mine ordered on Sunday when they first hit the nvidia site, though a nice aftermarket cooler would have been ok too.

Perhaps the stock cooler will be the push I need to get back into water.
I'll upload the EVGA SC tonight.

I'll upload the EVGA Hybrid and SC+ on Friday.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalforce View Post

I'll upload the EVGA SC tonight.

I'll upload the EVGA Hybrid and SC+ on Friday.
No rush. Take some time to get out there and enjoy them.
:thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by naved777 View Post

Is EVGA ACX 2.0 SC with backplate worth the extra 30$ over the reference? I will be putting the cards under water.
Probably not, but I guess it depends... you would need to find another set of screws (I would guess) if you plan on using the backplate with the waterblocks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodine1231 View Post



Some quick tests compared to my Titan X...

Witcher 3 completely maxed settings @ 1440p -
60 min Novigrad square 77 max
75 min Dead Mans Tree 85 max

With a single Titan X I was getting dips of around 45 in the middle of Novigrad square with the avg rate in the high 50's,walking around the city it was low 60's,this is with Hairworks OFF on the Titan!. With the dual 980ti's it never goes below 60 and stays in the high 70's/low 80's walking around the city (Hairworks ON).

Just running around the world with a single Titan X and Hairworks ON I get mid 60's with the rarel dip into the 50's. With the 980ti's it never goes below 75 and is almost always in the 80's.

GTA V maxed with 2x MSAA and TXAA on @ 1440p
63 min driving around with traffic near Michaels house 95 max. It stays in the 80 range most of the time. If I turn off TXAA and MSAA its in the 100's.
Single Titan X would dip into the 50's and stay in the upper 60's with MSAA and TXAA off.
Awesome news! I cannot wait for my two SC's!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,105 Posts
Once mine gets here from the egg will be joining all proper like.

Sad to the 780 go. She served well. The king is dead. Long live the king.

Id stop playing witcher until it arrives but aint nobody got time for that
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
597 Posts
I'm planning of getting 2 of these soon together with a 21:9 3440x1440 monitor. Can someone with this kind of screen post some games benchmarks with single/SLI configurations please?

High time I replace my *cough* Sapphire 6870 *cough*
:p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalforce View Post

I have the EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Reference installed and have been testing it. I have the EVGA GTX 980 Hybrid and EVGA GTX 980 SC+ with Backplate coming on Friday. W00t! I won't be keeping all of them so I'd be open to getting rid of a few
smile.gif
Ill take your reference SC, Newegg keeps shooting back my second order for my card even though it says back in stock before and after I order it. Managed to get the first order through into shipped, tracking shows that it will be here on the 10th!. Sending you a PM now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickles View Post

I feel like I lucked out in getting mine ordered on Sunday when they first hit the nvidia site, though a nice aftermarket cooler would have been ok too.

Perhaps the stock cooler will be the push I need to get back into water.
I like the stock cooler. It's sexy. I confess though that Saturday my 980ti may get a coat of falt black to match it's older brother.
biggrin.gif


Quote:
Originally Posted by naved777 View Post

Is EVGA ACX 2.0 SC with backplate worth the extra 30$ over the reference? I will be putting the cards under water.
I am terribly sad that these don't have backplates like the 980's do for the same level card but I can add a nice one later or when I decided to put my system under water.

Thx Rickles! I just haven't had the time to get this up. Much appreciated.
thumb.gif
I should have dropped the extra for faster delivery.
doh.gif
 
1 - 20 of 16414 Posts
Top