21 - 40 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Please share asus rog strix bios for higher power limit :] or Gigabyte

·
Premium Member
1,192 Posts
i wish msi afterburner would support asus external fans (fan connect ii) control, as well as hwinfo64 being able to read the asus external fans rpm correctly.

currently only asus gpu tweak software is able to read the external fans rpm and controll it, however as i use msi afterburner for oc and osd, overlapping msi ab with asus gpu tweak to show the external fans rpm on osd causes instability.

btw, ~6c drop now, too good.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thank you! I flash it on my palit gaming pro and works fine. But my old Dvi 120Hz monitor only work at 60Hz, maybe because asus dont have dvi ?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,192 Posts
btw, mine is micron and the max oc is just 1950//7800 for the vram. how about yours?

and i just found out the asus strix oc 2060 has asymestric fan control, namely two channels fan controll.
one is the left and the right fan, another one is just the middle fan.
and total three fans are just powered/wired by the same 6pin cable on the same fan header, unlike others having two or three fan headers on pcb to control the fans separately.

·
Registered
15 Posts
my english is bad hope you guys understand it.
120hz through dvi only - its old monitor :(
With palit i can control fans separately with evga x1 but dont need that. Cant turn leds off... tried all softwares. Waiting for update.
I didn't try max clock, but so far mem is [email protected] and core starting from 2100 and fall to 2040-50MHz.
And i was wrong about asus bios working fine, sorry if anyone try it with palit/gainward. Once you hit serious 3d load, core clock fall to 300MHz.

·
Premium Member
1,192 Posts
my english is bad hope you guys understand it.
120hz through dvi only - its old monitor :(
With palit i can control fans separately with evga x1 but dont need that. Cant turn leds off... tried all softwares. Waiting for update.
I didn't try max clock, but so far mem is [email protected] and core starting from 2100 and fall to 2040-50MHz.
And i was wrong about asus bios working fine, sorry if anyone try it with palit/gainward. Once you hit serious 3d load, core clock fall to 300MHz.
typical thing with different vrm controller.

·
Registered
6,309 Posts
The strix has micron memory? For 420 usd you think they would have included samsung. I havent oc'd my memory so far only the core, ill give it a shot later today.

·
3rd Gen Ryzen Member!
283 Posts
Just bought myself a Gigabyte Geforce RTX 2060 Gaming OC 6GB card.

Got it home and have it installed in my system. I can say though, that for the price I paid, I was a little underwhelmed in the lack of included accessories or of anything except for a driver CD. None of my monitors support or have display port, and my one monitor doesn't have HDMI. I though I could use my one adapter, but it was a mini-dp to DVI adapter. Luckily, I did have one Display port to HDMI adapter from my previous card. So now I have to go out and buy another adapter

·
Registered
6,309 Posts
Just bought myself a Gigabyte Geforce RTX 2060 Gaming OC 6GB card.

Got it home and have it installed in my system. I can say though, that for the price I paid, I was a little underwhelmed in the lack of included accessories or of anything except for a driver CD. None of my monitors support or have display port, and my one monitor doesn't have HDMI. I though I could use my one adapter, but it was a mini-dp to DVI adapter. Luckily, I did have one Display port to HDMI adapter from my previous card. So now I have to go out and buy another adapter
Is that the three fan card? Id say other than the founders edition thats one of the better models, it has rgb and a full metal backplate for 30 bucks over founders.

Also no offense but if you dont have a monitor with displayport i think a monitor purchase should have come before gpu :)

·
Registered
6,309 Posts

·
3rd Gen Ryzen Member!
283 Posts
Is that the three fan card? Id say other than the founders edition thats one of the better models, it has rgb and a full metal backplate for 30 bucks over founders.

Also no offense but if you dont have a monitor with displayport i think a monitor purchase should have come before gpu :)
Yes, it is the 3 fan card. I did buy a new Acer R271 27" 1080p IPS monitor as it was on sale at my local Staples. I plan on upgrading to Ryzen later in the year and will be upgrading monitors towards the end of the year.

·
Registered
6,309 Posts
Yes, it is the 3 fan card. I did buy a new Acer R271 27" 1080p IPS monitor as it was on sale at my local Staples. I plan on upgrading to Ryzen later in the year and will be upgrading monitors towards the end of the year.
Very nice, how are temps/noise? There are no reviews out for that card yet.

·
3rd Gen Ryzen Member!
283 Posts
Very nice, how are temps/noise? There are no reviews out for that card yet.

So far it has been pretty good. Temps are much better than what I had with the reference cooler on my MSI Radeon 7970 OC card and it is much quieter as well as I don't have to have the fan's cranked to idle under 40c. I ran advanced 3DMark11 tests on the extreme setting but it wouldn't let me post my result. While it was running and even when I was planning Planet Coaster with ultra settings the card ran quiet. The hottest it has gotten up to so far is 66c according to HWinfo64 and it seems to idle around 37c with triple monitors.

I found that as well, when I was trying to decide on what new card I wanted to buy.

·
Registered
6,309 Posts
So far it has been pretty good. Temps are much better than what I had with the reference cooler on my MSI Radeon 7970 OC card and it is much quieter as well as I don't have to have the fan's cranked to idle under 40c. I ran advanced 3DMark11 tests on the extreme setting but it wouldn't let me post my result. While it was running and even when I was planning Planet Coaster with ultra settings the card ran quiet. The hottest it has gotten up to so far is 66c according to HWinfo64 and it seems to idle around 37c with triple monitors.

I found that as well, when I was trying to decide on what new card I wanted to buy.
Very nice, seems like a good card for the money, i believe that cooler is a copy paste from the entry level 2070's that gigabyte sells for 499.99 so it should have headroom on the lower tdp 2060's.

·
3rd Gen Ryzen Member!
283 Posts
Very nice, seems like a good card for the money, i believe that cooler is a copy paste from the entry level 2070's that gigabyte sells for 499.99 so it should have headroom on the lower tdp 2060's.
I've been fighting with the stupid 3DMark thru steam to try and get it to run the new tests, but it just keeps telling my I have no dlc and going to steam, I click on download the free tests and it doesn't do anything..... so can't give results right now

·
Registered
6,309 Posts
I've been fighting with the stupid 3DMark thru steam to try and get it to run the new tests, but it just keeps telling my I have no dlc and going to steam, I click on download the free tests and it doesn't do anything..... so can't give results right now
Hmm weird, will it let you run regular firestrike? I got a 20.7k gpu score with my auto overclock from evga precision.

·
Registered
6,309 Posts
21 - 40 of 202 Posts