Overclock.net banner

3101 - 3120 of 12853 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Any issue with pairing an EVGA XC and XC ultra in SLI? Both cards are going to be under Water, so don't care about air cooler. I have 1 XC Ultra on Order, and need to get 1 more card for SLI, but wasn't sure if I could just pick up an XC card (if that comes available before another XC Ultra), flash it to the XC Ultra bios (So boost clocks match) and just run them together. Only difference I see is the slight uptick in boost, and the thicker air cooler.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts

·
OC...D
28,198 Posts

·
NOP sled
93 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Yes I am very confident that Seasonic did a proper product planning for their 200€ PSU and that this one cable can sustain the possible 300 Watt on a long term.

Yes 2 cables would be better, but 2x a second connector hanging around is just plain ugly 😄
Just cut the extra connectors off with a flush cut pair of side cutters :) Did that my self for the same reason

·
Registered
225 Posts
my 2080Ti just few days run. all rigt. run stable 1935 mhz(i see 2000 also for while) on core and 6800 mhz memory.. 75 C 90%load . msi afterburner : PW 111% .max possible, temp l. 88 ..
i was try overclock gpu core 100+ but fail in black screen ,, soo i remove hdmi cable from card and turn in back to get back to windows .. no hw fail happen ,, just i think gf card is on max tune from inno" factory.,
i dont expect hi overclock just smooth run on 24/7/365 sieve
1230eu , not bad))) i have just 6050 points in time spy extreme .. becouse my cpu is 2990wx and 2133mhz ddr4 .. but for hi scores is better now 7980x i know..,,but i dont care "gaming"
temps never go over 80 C even load is 100% days,, soo three fan card is good choise.. i was think before buy NV Fe but now ..lol..
ups i forget : Inno3D GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Gaming OC X3 HDMI 3xDP 11GB

Attachments

·
Registered
272 Posts
So my build is pretty much complete, cpu and ram thoroughly tested for stability, took about 4 days total. Started tinkering around with the GPU, tried the galax bios for my Asus Dual OC Ti... I guess a shunt mod is required to draw more power and push? the added draw seems to clean the frequency for the clock but only slightly...?

Is it worth looking into another bios?....

Attachments

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
is there someone who can post it's benchmark of AC Odissey or Shadow of the Tomb Raider in 4K with 2080Ti?
I am wondering if I'm CPU limited on those games with that card.

·
Premium Member
17,110 Posts
Any idea why Precision X1 is saying my card's core is a whopping 1935MHz when under load?

I clicked the "Scan" thing under VG Curve Tuner (I assume this is the automatically overclocking tool?), and that was the results.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
If anyone with 2080TI GSync monitor is experiencing BSOD issue on closing games. It's not your card! It's a known bug at this point.

PM me if you want special driver Nvidia sent me with a potential fix.
Could use that. I had issues like that, but attributed it to my inexperience with mesh shaders. :D

·
Registered
329 Posts
If anyone with 2080TI GSync monitor is experiencing BSOD issue on closing games. It's not your card! It's a known bug at this point.

PM me if you want special driver Nvidia sent me with a potential fix.

Actually haven't had any issues yet in that regard, but its only running at 90hz

·
Premium Member
8,476 Posts
The fact that there also are custom designs failing doesn't mean it is necessarily a design flaw in the ref design. Doesn't mean one of the involved components does not have a higher than expected failure rate.
There are only like two non-reference PCB 2080 Ti's being sold in the US. The EVGA FTW3 and the MSI Trio. And the MSI is just a slightly tweaked reference design.

So basically 99+% of 2080 Ti's in the wild are reference PCB cards.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Any idea why Precision X1 is saying my card's core is a whopping 1935MHz when under load?

I clicked the "Scan" thing under VG Curve Tuner (I assume this is the automatically overclocking tool?), and that was the results.
Air cooled? I hope that is the case otherwise you may have gotten a dud in the silicon lottery. May be worth trying to re-test using Afterburner's OC Scanner instead. FWIW people recommended not overclocking the vRAM when you make a OC Scanner run.

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
is there someone who can post it's benchmark of AC Odissey or Shadow of the Tomb Raider in 4K with 2080Ti?
I am wondering if I'm CPU limited on those games with that card.
Here it is on high and highest preset. It is on titan V.. which is a weeeeee bit slower than my 2080ti (but that is only because my titan V OC'd like pooo.)

but this is the perf (give or take a few fps) you should be getting on your system for Rise of the Tomb Raider.
do make sure you are using dx12 (which i'm sure you already know)

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
My card has serial number 3236.....

On the geforce forums almost all the failing cards have serial numbers starting 323
A lot of serials starting with 333 are fine and healthy.

Also I did a little bit of digging and it seems that almost all of the hardware reviewers were sent serial numbers starting 333, but I didn't check more than the first 2 pages of google results for 2080 ti reviews (also had to have photos good enough to read serial sticker).

So I think maybe its a bad batch?
No. The 323 batch simply was the first and thus far most widespread batch in the wild. IF anything fails it is most likely to be a card of this batch right now. Don't jump to conclusions.

We don't even know if the S/N indicates another batch or is simply a continuous number. It could be that 323 were several batches as likely as these are still all "the first batch".
That's interesting, the FE I only just bought this week as soon as they became available again on Nvidias website has a serial number starting with 0323.. I thought that if 323 was the first lot to go out, I would be seeing a newer serial number. Man I hope they aren't selling me a repaired/refurbed card as a new one... :/

Also bloody Aquatuning are ignoring my emails.. I saw yesterday morning that they had available stock of the GPU block I pre-ordered from them almost a month ago but my order still says "in processing" so I sent them an email to ask if on of the cards had been allocated to me. They didn't respond and now the page says out of stock again, and my order status hasn't been updated.. I swear if they sold the stock to other people and didn't reserve one for my order I'll be so angry :mad:

Trying to get new hardware this year is nothing but frustration. The only smooth experience I've had so far was buying my 9900k on Ebay...

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Here it is on high and highest preset. It is on titan V.. which is a weeeeee bit slower than my 2080ti (but that is only because my titan V OC'd like pooo.)

but this is the perf (give or take a few fps) you should be getting on your system for Rise of the Tomb Raider.
do make sure you are using dx12 (which i'm sure you already know)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ycqu4Mv9Lv0&t=6s
thanks, I really appreciate it.
why the min and the average on your highest custom test is 0?

3101 - 3120 of 12853 Posts