Overclock.net banner

12021 - 12040 of 12106 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
2080TIs made in 2019 (I believe) use XUSB and are not compatible with earlier cards. Unfortunately, most of the high-end PL BIOS are from older cards. I'm not sure if there are any higher power-limit BIOS' made for XUSB cards, maybe someone else knows.
Yeah... Should've checked that before buying it. How could I miss that :censored:
Been checking thru some other vBIOS, maybe one of these is a good bet?

They are both for non-reference PCBs so I'm not feeling too confident..

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hi guys. I am new to over clocking GPUs and I was thinking of trying to OC my 2080ti Strix. Can OC'ing harm the GPU? If so that's okay because I have a protection plan on it till January and if it breaks I get full credit towards a 3000 series card. So maybe bonus points if we fry it? ha... What apps do I use? Do I need a water block?

This is my system:

i7 5820k
Asus Strix 2080ti
64gb Crucial DDR 4 2400 DIMM
Asus Rampage V Extreme ATX2011E
Crucial SSD 960 gb M500
Corsair AX1200I Digital ATX PSU
CORSAIR HYDRO H105I LIQUID COOLER

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Hi guys. I am new to over clocking GPUs and I was thinking of trying to OC my 2080ti Strix. Can OC'ing harm the GPU? If so that's okay because I have a protection plan on it till January and if it breaks I get full credit towards a 3000 series card. So maybe bonus points if we fry it? ha... What apps do I use? Do I need a water block?

This is my system:

i7 5820k
Asus Strix 2080ti
Crucial SSD 960 gb M500
Brutally honest opinion? Don't bother. The CPU is a big enough bottleneck as it is and you won't notice any real performance benefits from overclocking the GPU anyway.

·
Old to Overclock.net
1,633 Posts

This is my system:

i7 5820k
Asus Strix 2080ti
Crucial SSD 960 gb M500
Yes pretty safe to overclock, there are so many things in place to prevent the card from killing itself. Just download msi afterburner and move the power limit and temp limit slider, set fan speed to around 75 percent (not 100, this takes away from the overall power limit) and start moving the core offset slider every 25-50mhz and run stress test until it crashes.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Yeah... Should've checked that before buying it. How could I miss that :censored:
Been checking thru some other vBIOS, maybe one of these is a good bet?

They are both for non-reference PCBs so I'm not feeling too confident..
Dont brick your card. It is easier to just solder on the 8 Ohms. You’ll gain 40% more power, and at 50C or less you’ll hold that 2,130Mhz in anything.

I could mail you (2) resistors if you like. It is very easy to do.

You can practice soldering on some old broken electronics if you want. And then move straight to the 2080Ti. I’ve done numerous 2080Ti’s, and other video cards now

·
Village Idiot
2,396 Posts
Brutally honest opinion? Don't bother. The CPU is a big enough bottleneck as it is and you won't notice any real performance benefits from overclocking the GPU anyway.
Unless he's running the CPU at stock and/or gaming at 1080p, it won't be a crippling bottleneck and he will still realize performance gains from overclocking the GPU.

Even at a moderate 3440x1440, Watch Dogs Legion is the first game that's made me seriously consider the "need" (strong WANT) to upgrade my 4.5ghz 5820k. And frankly, if Zen 3 wasn't as good as it is, I'd have no problems sticking it out longer. Now if only it were possible to find a 5900x in stock anywhere...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys

I want to ask about 2080 ti 1000w bios, i already flash it and its working great till now my system is,

( custom water cooling)
CPU: I9-10900K
GPU Asus strix OC 2080 Ti
PSU: 1200 EVGA
motherboard: Asus maximus xii extreme Z490
corsair ram: 3600 dominators

when i checked the power draw its not exceeded 480w is that because the power not enough to power it to max limit ? the temp not exceeded 55c ( during game with full power ) i do have asus 4k monitors 144 Hz that why i want my card to reached to the limit it can reach to with custom water cooling, also sometimes i hear the coil whine having little noise because of the power draw but when its become hotter, the main questions do i need extra power supply for GPU to make it reach to 1000w ? or that just number the gpu will never reach it.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Unless he's running the CPU at stock and/or gaming at 1080p, it won't be a crippling bottleneck and he will still realize performance gains from overclocking the GPU.

Even at a moderate 3440x1440, Watch Dogs Legion is the first game that's made me seriously consider the "need" (strong WANT) to upgrade my 4.5ghz 5820k. And frankly, if Zen 3 wasn't as good as it is, I'd have no problems sticking it out longer. Now if only it were possible to find a 5900x in stock anywhere...
You OC'd your 5820k? I am a never did that and have no idea where to start. Have any good guides? Is your system stable at 4.5ghz? Whats your mobo?...and yes I never game at 1080p. Only 3440 x 1440 and up.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Dont brick your card. It is easier to just solder on the 8 Ohms. You’ll gain 40% more power, and at 50C or less you’ll hold that 2,130Mhz in anything.

I could mail you (2) resistors if you like. It is very easy to do.

You can practice soldering on some old broken electronics if you want. And then move straight to the 2080Ti. I’ve done numerous 2080Ti’s, and other video cards now
Thanks man.
Yeah, the mod seems easy enough. Will save it for sure for when my warranty runs out and my WC loop needs a cleaning.
I'm from europe but thanks for the offer anyways!
Any particular kind of resistor I should look for? Or higher quality? Any regular 8Ohm SMD resistor from ebay will do the trick?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Hi guys

I want to ask about 2080 ti 1000w bios, i already flash it and its working great till now my system is,

( custom water cooling)
CPU: I9-10900K
GPU Asus strix OC 2080 Ti
PSU: 1200 EVGA
motherboard: Asus maximus xii extreme Z490
corsair ram: 3600 dominators

when i checked the power draw its not exceeded 480w is that because the power not enough to power it to max limit ? the temp not exceeded 55c ( during game with full power ) i do have asus 4k monitors 144 Hz that why i want my card to reached to the limit it can reach to with custom water cooling, also sometimes i hear the coil whine having little noise because of the power draw but when its become hotter, the main questions do i need extra power supply for GPU to make it reach to 1000w ? or that just number the gpu will never reach it.
Best BIOS for Asus RTX 2080Ti Strix what I can say and what I tested is Matrix BIOS,XOC BIOS is okay just you will not gain as much you think, I'm running that BIOS as secondary and my main BIOS is Matrix

Yup I can hear coilwhine with EK Vector Waterblock, you can try use better thermal pads like Thermalright Odyssey which I'm now using and temperatures are slightly better

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Hi guys, what bios would be compatible with the EVGA 11G-P4-2380-KR to unlock 130%? It's the A version Blower model.

Thanks
Are you using all ports on your GPU? If not then I would suggest EVGA FTW3 BIOS, it is 370-380W BIOS or Galax 380W BIOS

Both are great BIOS just not sure on fan, I never run GPU with stock coolers

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

·
Registered
36 Posts
Are you using all ports on your GPU? If not then I would suggest EVGA FTW3 BIOS, it is 370-380W BIOS or Galax 380W BIOS

Both are great BIOS just not sure on fan, I never run GPU with stock coolers

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura
Thanks, I forgot to say I'm ditching the blower and going watercooled. As for ports, just using display port.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, All
I`m new owner of MSI RTX 2080 Ti VENTUS OC with Alphacool Eiswolf 240 GPX Pro RTX 2080/2080Ti - Black M02 cooling system on top.
And after some days of testing it I am looking for OC BIOS (with higher powerlimit) for this card model. Could someone help me to find the right one?
Thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Hey everyone,
I have a 2080TI Founders Card and am looking to flash. I tried it the other day and ended up bailing because I didnt know enough. The flashing utility was asking about firmware versions and I have no idea what options to use. My card has an EK water block on it and im looking to get the most performance out of the card.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Best BIOS for Asus RTX 2080Ti Strix what I can say and what I tested is Matrix BIOS,XOC BIOS is okay just you will not gain as much you think, I'm running that BIOS as secondary and my main BIOS is Matrix

Yup I can hear coilwhine with EK Vector Waterblock, you can try use better thermal pads like Thermalright Odyssey which I'm now using and temperatures are slightly better

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura
Yes its great till now i didn't face any problem till now all is great and i am really with the performance its incredibly increase, but this is interesting do you mean i can add 2 bios for one card and switch between them by using p mode and Q- mode ?

i tried to flash bios for matrix it didn't works its show me its not same bios something like that, should i try another version if yes what's the second best version you advise me to go with, about the cooling i am planning to add small chiller to keep temp as ambient temp [email protected] i don't want complicated thing just to keep the temp normal not going too hot for long term of playing lol.

Thank you for your kind reply.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Yes its great till now i didn't face any problem till now all is great and i am really with the performance its incredibly increase, but this is interesting do you mean i can add 2 bios for one card and switch between them by using p mode and Q- mode ?

i tried to flash bios for matrix it didn't works its show me its not same bios something like that, should i try another version if yes what's the second best version you advise me to go with, about the cooling i am planning to add small chiller to keep temp as ambient temp [email protected] i don't want complicated thing just to keep the temp normal not going too hot for long term of playing lol.

Thank you for your kind reply.
Hi there

Sadly Asus RTX 2080Ti Strix is compatible only with Asus because of I/O ports, if you flash there any other BIOS you will definitely loose DP and HDMi ports, its okay if you are running single monitor but if you are on two monitors with DP then its pita to sort it

Yes I have Matrix BIOS on Q switch and on P BIOS I have XOC BIOS, with both BIOS OC is pretty much same, in benchmarks I use 2205MHz or 2220MHz OC profile, for gaming 2160-2175MHz OC profile, for rendering 2070-2085MHz

Are you sure you have A chip or it is non A chip, can you check that in GPU-Z? Can you post what errors did you get when you are tried to flash with NvFlash?

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

12021 - 12040 of 12106 Posts