Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 442 Posts

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Hey guys, I got my time machine working.

How are the new drivers working for Cyberpunk?

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Knowing nVidia™, probably 2% on a few GameWorks™ titles.

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts

·
The Factory of the Cell
110 Posts
How do you guys think this will stack up at 4K vs. a 2080 Ti?

My dad's building a new PC and he wants to be able to play games at 4K, although they likely won't be AAA titles. We have a few options: either he gets a 3070, or I can get a 3080 and we can give him my 2080 Ti. Which do you guys think is better?

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
How do you guys think this will stack up at 4K vs. a 2080 Ti?

My dad's building a new PC and he wants to be able to play games at 4K, although they likely won't be AAA titles. We have a few options: either he gets a 3070, or I can get a 3080 and we can give him my 2080 Ti. Which do you guys think is better?
Well, based on the Guru3D review of the RTX3070. My 2.1Ghz watercooled 2080Ti is 27% faster in timespy graphics score than the RTX3070 is.

The 2080Ti has a lot of performance within, and it can be extracted pretty easily. It also has 11GB of Vram.

The RTX3070 is only $500 bucks though, and it has only 8GB of Vram. It runs kind of like a “Low Power stock clocked NON-A 2080Ti” would perform..

Nothing wrong with the RTX3070. It is fast, and affordable too. I think it is a great card that’ll provide high end performance to the masses for 1080P/1440P gaming.

Whatever you find for the lowest price is probably the best option I suppose.

However 2080Ti setup the right way can yield some impressive numbers, coming about 3-5% within a stock clocked RTX3080 FE, and with an extra 1GB of Vram to go along with it. Now, obviously the RTX3080 is an easier solution. Because right out of the gate, it offers very fast top tier performance on the pre-installed FE air cooler. But, finding them has been tough. So, resorting to a watercooled 2080Ti is not a bad solution even in late 2020. But the used pricing is still a little steep on them.

I hope Nvidia made more than a few thousand RTX3070’s this launch time around. Scalpers are hitting PC Parts so hard lately. And the RTX3070 is sure to be popular.

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
3070 $499 good?

970 $329 old owner's here.
780ti $699 old owner's here.

anyways, i kind of agree the second handed 2080ti is not bad if the price is right.
with high power bios and easy to mod with aio by g12, it can still be a beast.

btw how to subscribe the thread nowadays....how to serach in thread...how to check out the gallery in thread....
i am too old..........

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
3070 $499 good?

970 $329 old owner's here.
780ti $699 old owner's here.

anyways, i kind of agree the second handed 2080ti is not bad if the price is right.
with high power bios and easy to mod with aio by g12, it can still be a beast.

btw how to subscribe the thread nowadays....how to serach in thread...how to check out the gallery in thread....
i am too old..........
I think $500 is a fair price for the 3070, especially considering that used 2080 Ti prices are usually quite a bit higher at the moment, and they are of course used. They're still certainly a valid option nonetheless. I'm personally more interested how the 3070 stacks up against AMD's recently-announced 6800, which is $580 and supposedly has 18% more performance than the RTX 3070, but we need to wait for third party reviews on the AMD cards before drawing any useful conclusions I think.

Subscribe to a thread either by posting in it or hitting the blue "Follow" button at the top right of the page.
Search in a thread by typing what you want to search for in the big bar in the center top of your page and hit "Search in this discussion".
I don't think the gallery feature still exists, unfortunately.

• Rep+
Reactions: asdkj1740

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
I think $500 is a fair price for the 3070, especially considering that used 2080 Ti prices are usually quite a bit higher at the moment, and they are of course used. They're still certainly a valid option nonetheless. I'm personally more interested how the 3070 stacks up against AMD's recently-announced 6800, which is $580 and supposedly has 18% more performance than the RTX 3070, but we need to wait for third party reviews on the AMD cards before drawing any useful conclusions I think.

Subscribe to a thread either by posting in it or hitting the blue "Follow" button at the top right of the page.
Search in a thread by typing what you want to search for in the big bar in the center top of your page and hit "Search in this discussion".
I don't think the gallery feature still exists, unfortunately.
omg thanks for the tips!

the markup of aibs' models are insane. those $499 models are very difficult to get.

·
Registered
234 Posts
well, I tried my luck ordering it from BestBuy. I got a card in the cart and provided payment details and BOOM - out of stock. Was so close =)
Btw, it still shows that I have it in the cart but when I go to the cart it is empty

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
LOL those cards sold out in seconds just like the 3080 and 3090 lol. It's going to be sometime next year before it's going to be an easy buy of one of these cards. Or you go on Ebay and pay 3 times what it's worth.

·
Registered
116 Posts
so i snagged a 3070, coming in tomorrow.
i really wanted a 3080.
very conflicted on what to do

im not the scalpy type...these 3070 are going for $1200 CAD local classified...eeek.
but im a got it now gotta game type...specially with modern vr crushing my system as is.
but...3080 would have been so much more vr friendly!!

i suppose its worth using the card for 6mo, sell it when stock levels settle..prob still get near what i paid hopefully.

·
Registered
234 Posts
is the best buy still updating the stock or my browser is playing with me?

·
1689 Federalist
11,745 Posts
lol one card already has 93 reviews, all one stars and people complaining about not being able to order.

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
lots of aib 3070 models in my country are selling at above the msrp of 3080:)
here has no import tax, no value added tax, no comsumption tax, no related tax at all, and some 3070 is like $800usd.
not to mention 3070 is not part of the nvidia game bundle.

nvidia, aib, local distrubitor, retailer, none of them are innocent.

i should have kept my 2080super.

·
Premium Member
15,765 Posts
Upgraded from GTX 1080 to RTX 3070... Fantastic purchase. Bought a Palit one as it was the only available brand here in Turkey. Cost me 800 bucks (not a scalper price. It's what it is in this economy)... Still cheaper than PS5 and Xbox Series X Turkish prices :)

1 - 20 of 442 Posts