Overclock.net banner
421 - 440 of 443 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
which 3070 (non TI) would be better pick?

Gigabyte RTX 3070 VISION OC

or Gigabyte RTX 3070 GAMING OC

not asking primarily where I can get 2% more performance, my interested is totally in some different way.

I would like to know quality, and cooling solution. and quality of power delivery.
but primary is cooling. I do not need card which have bad cooling solution od memory etc.

from VISION review, it seems very good one according to review.

also, from all cards I uses so far, Gigabyte GAMING OC was always very good performer

let me know which is is better pick ;)

·
Cheesebumps!!
3,056 Posts

not asking primarily where I can get 2% more performance, my interested is totally in some different way.

I would like to know quality, and cooling solution. and quality of power delivery.
but primary is cooling. I do not need card which have bad cooling solution od memory etc.

also, from all cards I uses so far, Gigabyte GAMING OC was always very good performer

The vision and gaming OC share almost the same board design and power limits..I suggest get/scout for other models besides that..the Aorus Master does 300 watts out of the box and has a massively very effective cooler(used to have 1)..as for other brands, the Palit Jetstream OC edition also has a 300 watt power limit and a good cooler as well..if EVGA is available they as well have a very good quality and very effective cooling as well

·
Registered
381 Posts
The vision and gaming OC share almost the same board design and power limits..I suggest get/scout for other models besides that..the Aorus Master does 300 watts out of the box..as for other brands, the Palit Jetstream OC edition also has a 300 watt power limit..

I need exacty opposite, I have nothing from increased power draw when I will undervolt card.

all I need is best memory cooling. so if VISION provides that (I will additionally replace thermal pads with Gelid Ultimate or Thermalright Odyssey, which will further boost cooling). of course, overall good cooler is also what I need. do not hurt to have quality board and power regulation

in this review I'm reading pretty much all best about it :

just search "memory", temperature, "cooling"

I need to confirm to seller. unless you thing VISION GPU have bad thermal/cooler solution, it would fit me

·
Cheesebumps!!
3,056 Posts
I need exacty opposite, I have nothing from increased power draw when I will undervolt card.

all I need is best memory cooling. so if VISION provides that (I will additionally replace thermal pads with Gelid Ultimate or Thermalright Odyssey, which will further boost cooling). of course, overall good cooler is also what I need. do not hurt to have quality board and power regulation

in this review I'm reading pretty much all best about it :

just search "memory", temperature, "cooling"

I need to confirm to seller. unless you thing VISION GPU have bad thermal/cooler solution, it would fit me
The normal 3070 doesn't need memory cooling..its just using GDDR6(and its not even double sided)..when I had one, never saw the temps on the junction went sky high during gameplay..furthermore, more power doesn't mean it uses more voltages..lol..

Its just a performance headroom for the GPU..you can still undervolt it like normal via tuning the performance curve on MSI Afterburner..

Vision is crap here..its underperforming and just doesn't fit the price point its being sold..also there's no option for improvement..as far as I remember someone bought that here but upon using afterburner there's no way to increase the powerlimits coz its locked..

Yes stock would be "OK" but it won't get you anywhere the promised 2080ti performance..

Now going back with your decision, if you check closely the Gaming OC and the Vision share almost identical cooler design its just colored/painted white..if you already have a Gaming OC card, you ain't missing anything particularly..

·
Registered
381 Posts
The normal 3070 doesn't need memory cooling..its just using GDDR6(and its not even double sided)..when I had one, never saw the temps on the junction went sky high during gameplay..furthermore, more power doesn't mean it uses more voltages..lol..

Its just a performance headroom for the GPU..you can still undervolt it like normal via tuning the performance curve on MSI Afterburner..

Vision is crap here..its underperforming and just doesn't fit the price point its being sold..also there's no option for improvement..as far as I remember someone bought that here but upon using afterburner there's no way to increase the powerlimits coz its locked..

Yes stock would be "OK" but it won't get you anywhere the promised 2080ti performance..

Now going back with your decision, if you check closely the Gaming OC and the Vision share almost identical cooler design its just colored/painted white..if you already have a Gaming OC card, you ain't missing anything particularly..

in this case, I actually need to decrease power limit. hope that is not locked also?

if increasing power limit is locked it is not issue in this case. as long as I can move slider to reduce power limit, I'm fine. this card have different purpose

from what I seen in tech data, it seems almost same as GAMING OC. and should have good cooler

·
Cheesebumps!!
3,056 Posts
in this case, I actually need to decrease power limit. hope that is not locked also?
I think on afterburner this can be pulled down upto -8% if I remember it correctly..

from what I seen in tech data, it seems almost same as GAMING OC. and should have good cooler
it is the same board..just the color of the cooler is different..the heatsink itself is the same in design, just the fan shroud is white and branded as "Vision"

·
Registered
381 Posts
I think on afterburner this can be pulled down upto -8% if I remember it correctly..

it is the same board..just the color of the cooler is different..the heatsink itself is the same in design, just the fan shroud is white and branded as "Vision"

only -8% ?
but what is that. I owned number of Nvidia cards (as well as some AMD) and never seen that slider can't go down.
if can't go up that is ok for me, but if can go down -8% only, what is trick with that card? have some specific lock in bios or?

if that happen to be case, I will see if I can use custom performance curve in MSI A., or maybe flash another BIOS...

·
Registered
3,019 Posts

Both of those cards are almost identical.

I and my buddy both have the 3070 Vision, and we are both super happy with it. I have not had any temperature related issues at all, and neither has he. He is using a Corsair 600T case, and I am using the Meshify 2 XL, both of which have good airflow. It runs cool and quiet. His runs in the upper 50s while gaming (he replaced the TIM on his card), while mine runs in the upper 60s.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys 3070 ti FE owner here, anyone else have a FE I would like to compare some things with you
I just picked one up at Best Buy on Friday. Have put in my pre-built(which is going to get returned tomorrow) to test, but waiting on the rest of my build I just ordered to put around this. I was hoping for the 3080 or even the base 3070, but they were out of both and it was this or 3080ti which I couldn't justify.

Excited to build my rig myself after having consigned myself to pre-built(pre-built was asus 3070)

In my pre-built compared to 3070 it's running about 10% faster in both benchmarks and gameplay, but runs warmer(at least in my pre-built). Hoping new build will have significantly better airflow.

The FE is a Beautiful card except the stupid 12->8 pin dongle.

What I'm building:
Lancool 2 mesh RGB
Seasonic 750w 80+ Platinum
Asus Strix B550 wifi6 gaming MB(my one cheap out, may need to swap this for x570 but got good deal and gets great reviews)
Ryzen 9 5950x :) I want the cores for video editing and again got a deal vs 5900x
32gb (2x16) 3600 RGB RAM
Vetroo V5 RGB Push/pull (I don't want water).
and of course the 3070 TI FE

All parts should be in hand by this time next week.

·
BeardRobot
58 Posts
I just picked one up at Best Buy on Friday. Have put in my pre-built(which is going to get returned tomorrow) to test, but waiting on the rest of my build I just ordered to put around this. I was hoping for the 3080 or even the base 3070, but they were out of both and it was this or 3080ti which I couldn't justify.

Excited to build my rig myself after having consigned myself to pre-built(pre-built was asus 3070)

In my pre-built compared to 3070 it's running about 10% faster in both benchmarks and gameplay, but runs warmer(at least in my pre-built). Hoping new build will have significantly better airflow.

What I'm building:
Lancool 2 mesh RGB
Asus Strix B550 wifi6 gaming MB(my one cheap out, may need to swap this for x570 but got good deal and gets great reviews)
Ryzen 9 5950x :) I want the cores for video editing and again got a deal vs 5900x
32gb (2x16) 3600 RGB RAM

If you're going to be running a 5950X, I'd recommend you get a better cooler. The Vetroo V5 isn't going to be able to handle core-heavy workloads (especially if you're doing video editing) on the 5950X. I ran a Vetroo V5 on my 3800X before I upgraded to a 5900X, and it worked just fine for that 8-core CPU (I do animation). I bought a used Dark Rock Pro 4 off of Amazon for under $60 and paired it with the 5900X - Naturally, the DRP4 is what I would recommend! If you don't run proper cooling, you're leaving a ton of performance on the table.

·
Registered
49 Posts

What I'm building:
Lancool 2 mesh RGB
32gb (2x16) 3600 RGB RAM

Nice, have you overclocked at all? if so what was your max i got 200 on core 1100 on memory edit I just realized you said your waiting on your parts for the rest of the build keep me posted

·
Registered
16 Posts
Finally picked up a EVGA 3070XC3 from best buy, $679, which is ridiculous but I guess retail right now, was able to finally completed my build, upgraded from a Asus Strix GTX 980, card runs nice and cool.

·
Totally Tubular
1,657 Posts
Finally picked up a EVGA 3070XC3 from best buy, $679, which is ridiculous but I guess retail right now, was able to finally completed my build, upgraded from a Asus Strix GTX 980, card runs nice and cool.
Got my MSI VENTUS 3X OC 3070 for $800 in January and consider myself really lucky. Was from one of the rare set-price Ebay listings at the time.

It only has a 220W limit by default, but I flashed the VBIOS to a SUPRIM X version with a 300W limit and haven't had any issues with it. It also runs very cool with an Alphacool block on it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Do you guys get event id 13 errors in event logger after CTD while having unstable OC, very high temperature or power issues? Do RTX cards give that kind of error logs when nvlddmkm.sys crashes at all?

·
Totally Tubular
1,657 Posts
Do you guys get event id 13 errors in event logger after CTD while having unstable OC, very high temperature or power issues? Do RTX cards give that kind of error logs when nvlddmkm.sys crashes at all?
I don't have the very high temperature problem, as mine is liquid-cooled.

I've never checked the error logs after unstable OC or power issues - I already knew what the problem was and corrected it.

421 - 440 of 443 Posts