Overclock.net banner

2421 - 2440 of 2584 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just got a Ventus OC, how bad is it really? Which BIOS do you recommend I run on it?

Thanks!

Edit: im seeing that some people have flashed the TUF or the Masters onto it but that the actual watt usage doesnt go beyond 320W???? Also there are different PCB versions???
I'd like to know this as well, same card.

Better question is, if a bios does work and you can pass the limit, what sort of gains are we actually talking about fps wise?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Has anyone flashed a TUF OC or non-oc to a bios with more then 375W PL?
Ort does the 3 pin cards bioses not work on 2 pin cards?
A 2 pin card with some thicker wires in the 8 pins would have no issue delivering way more power then 375w.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I asked where you heard about dead cards and threw in that my card has been fine. LOL. Read your post to yourself and ask ... "who's getting defensive and riled up again?"
Let him be, he's cray.

I'd like to know this as well, same card.

Better question is, if a bios does work and you can pass the limit, what sort of gains are we actually talking about fps wise?
Mainly what it would do is being able to sustain certain boosted clocks. Imagine if all 3080 dies can do 2000Mhz at 1.063v but require 380W to do so. A ventus with 320W would struggle hard even getting beyond 1900MHz because it cannot provide sufficient amps to the core and thus it would downclock.

·
From Russia With Love
33 Posts
Is this good result or..?

·
Registered
931 Posts
yes it's good. What card Strix ? Modded and cooled ?
This is best i did with Evga on air probably better cooling will get 16.5+

Have a lot to re-bench with my 5900x holding 5ghz all cores in 3d.

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
msi suprim x, yet another $900 16+4 custom model, lets see what will be commented after the "should be better" ftw3u 19+3 $820 lol.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys! I'm choosing between EVGA FTW3 and ASUS TUF. Wanna try hard modding and controlling the voltages. Do both cards support EVC2sx? I've seen in Der8auer video that TUF is very easily modded. Is it the same thing with FTW3? Thanks!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Shunts have arrived, so what shunts do you recommend I use on my TUF OC? I don't want to go mad, getting it up around 450w would be fine, its on water.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Wccftech & TechpowerUp posted a review on the MSI Suprim X 3080 card:

20 Phase (16+4) design with 430W BIOS. Seems might be the quietest card on the market that pushes 400W+.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Was a fix ever found for the power limit not working? I have a Inno3D RTX 3080 iChill Frostbite which is meant to have a stock power limit of 340W and yet it hovers around ~320W.
In the log during Port Royal it can be seen that the PerfCap reason is Pwr and that the % TDP hardly ever crosses 95%... I've tried drivers 456.38 and 457.30 neither one of them fixed the issue.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Was a fix ever found for the power limit not working? I have a Inno3D RTX 3080 iChill Frostbite which is meant to have a stock power limit of 340W and yet it hovers around ~320W.
In the log during Port Royal it can be seen that the PerfCap reason is Pwr and that the % TDP hardly ever crosses 95%... I've tried drivers 456.38 and 457.30 neither one of them fixed the issue.
I have a similar issue on my Palit Gaming Pro. Power limit is 350 but I get power perf cap at 330 with the power slider maxed.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey guys just checking in if someone found a way around the MSI 3080 Ventus' 320W power limit without shunting.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Shunts have arrived, so what shunts do you recommend I use on my TUF OC? I don't want to go mad, getting it up around 450w would be fine, its on water.

8 is perfect :D Enough power for water :D

·
Gaming Overclocker
2,012 Posts
Wccftech & TechpowerUp posted a review on the MSI Suprim X 3080 card:

20 Phase (16+4) design with 430W BIOS. Seems might be the quietest card on the market that pushes 400W+.
There's my new bios to replace the 350W one on my X Trio. 😎

·
Registered
257 Posts
Has anyone flashed a TUF OC or non-oc to a bios with more then 375W PL?
Ort does the 3 pin cards bioses not work on 2 pin cards?
A 2 pin card with some thicker wires in the 8 pins would have no issue delivering way more power then 375w.
I did. Flashed the Strix's latest bios on my card. First-hand experienced 450W max TDP. 100% PL equals to 360W, goes up to 121%.
I had lower clocks than usual tho and PC rebooted without BSOD because of my PSU's inability to handle it. I'm switching to a new PC/PSU soon, will try it again.

It's safe from what I can tell. My guess is that you won't have PSU amperage issues if your PCI_E cable from the PSU has an 8 pin + 6 pin connector(pigtails) and you're feeding the card with two different rails.

·
Registered
8 Posts
What is factory power limit for asus strix rtx 3080 OC 320w or higher? and why you guys are flashing to 450w strix model?i mean what is real benefit

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
What is factory power limit for asus strix rtx 3080 OC 320w or higher? and why you guys are flashing to 450w strix model?i mean what is real benefit
The Asus RTX3080 Strix OC is 370watt stock and can increase to 450watt.... that is its normal bios.

2421 - 2440 of 2584 Posts