Overclock.net banner

2461 - 2480 of 2600 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Damn, that is better than I have been able to get, what settings was that at?

Best Port Royal I was able to get so far was at .975v 1995mhz. My average clocks are 120mhz lower than yours.

Nothing special, just wanted to test that the PL & fans were working on the new BIOS. Judging by the temps from that run I'm guessing I was probably close to stock on all settings.

https://www.3dmark.com/pr/527230 is probably more accurate to what a flashed Suprim->Trio is capable of, tad underwhelming though! How's your cooling situation? Your 67°C average at 0.975v seems to be higher than I would expect, probably throttling your core speed a lot tbh.

Has any non-STRIX 3x8pin hit 13k PR on air?

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Damn, so I think there is something wrong with my Trio. It is only boosting to max 1950 at stock in Port Royal with the only change being a 102 power limit. Is there something I am maybe doing wrong?

I tried a manual OC to 2010MHZ at 0.95V and couldn't even get through a Time Spy. It made it though at 0.975 at 1995MHZ. I think I may have lost the lottery.

Hi there, for stock the boost is maybe 15 to 30mhz lower than what I get, but your temps is pulling it down. I usually run with temps not reaching 60c during the run as I set the fan to 100% when running benchmarks.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Nothing special, just wanted to test that the PL & fans were working on the new BIOS. Judging by the temps from that run I'm guessing I was probably close to stock on all settings.

https://www.3dmark.com/pr/527230 is probably more accurate to what a flashed Suprim->Trio is capable of, tad underwhelming though! How's your cooling situation? Your 67°C average at 0.975v seems to be higher than I would expect, probably throttling your core speed a lot tbh.

Got 13286 in Port Royal with my FTW3 on air. A 120mm fan on the backplate seems to improve core stability (backplate gets hot).

450W BIOS 1.056v locked + 240 Core
+1200 memory

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
damn that's an amazing score... I can only get about 12,700 on my tuff and that's on water. I don't have a backplate though... think I might need to get one.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Damn that's a mad one @ 56 degrees as well, did extra cooling on the backplate bring it down a lot? How does the FTW3 do around the 1v mark?

Think I found the sweetspot. avg: 2.1 @ 1012mv @ 61 degrees. Can't be sure if that's an improvement vs. 350w as I didn't run PR before I flashed... 🙃

·
Registered
186 Posts
Damn that's a mad one @ 56 degrees as well, did extra cooling on the backplate bring it down a lot? How does the FTW3 do around the 1v mark?

Think I found the sweetspot. avg: 2.1 @ 1012mv @ 61 degrees. Can't be sure if that's an improvement vs. 350w as I didn't run PR before I flashed... 🙃
Thanks. Not much around 1-2C less. It let me add +15MHz on the core in the Port Royal run. I didn't see any improvement in memory OC with the 120mm fan on the backplate. After +1200 performance decrease. I did a video last month running Quake 2 RTX at 1.012v locked @ 2190MHz. Got 2175-2160MHz avg. after it gets around 60C. I'd recommend to test your OC with this game (free on steam).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Without Reading all 124 Pages: I was able to get a 3080 Ventus shortly after release which is now under water. Currently I'm running [email protected]@about 250 Watt. I would like to test the maximum and would be therefore interested in a BIOS allowing to use the maximum of 2x 8Pin + PCIe connecter (= 375 Watt?!?). Are there any experiences yet with flashing this specific card? Which BIOS to use? I'm using 2x DP, but I guess that's supported by all 3080s? As the card ist watercooled I don't care much about fans or RGB that might be different.

·
Registered
20 Posts
damn that's an amazing score... I can only get about 12,700 on my tuff and that's on water. I don't have a backplate though... think I might need to get one.
Thats great for a TUF with only 2 pci-e pins.
I'm stuck at 11881 ,and that's with the fans peggd at 100%, and doing a "cold" royal run and vcore locked to 0.925.

Cant get above 1995 stable even at 0.95V. And even at 0.95 its power limited through the entire run. i need to go down to 0.9v to not be power limited.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Without Reading all 124 Pages: I was able to get a 3080 Ventus shortly after release which is now under water. Currently I'm running [email protected]@about 250 Watt. I would like to test the maximum and would be therefore interested in a BIOS allowing to use the maximum of 2x 8Pin + PCIe connecter (= 375 Watt?!?). Are there any experiences yet with flashing this specific card? Which BIOS to use? I'm using 2x DP, but I guess that's supported by all 3080s? As the card ist watercooled I don't care much about fans or RGB that might be different.
Tested my Ventus with a XC3 Ultra Bios as it has the same Video Output/Stage and Power configuration. The results are strange:

I started using the same configuration in Afterburner, [email protected],875V. With the original Ventus Bios the card consumes about 280W during Timesspy and using the XC3 Ultra Bios the card consumes 100W(!) additonal power while configuring the same [email protected],875V in Afterburner and the clocks is slightly lower. Is there any logical reason for it? I went directly back to my Ventus Bios.

·
Registered
4 Posts
In what benchmark , and what was the overclock you got from running the OC scanner?
My 3080 pulls 320w at 0.875v and 1950 core clock, and crashes within 30s in a port royal run.
250W is not correct, more likely 280W and did never run the OC Scanner. Gamed some hours Division 2 and Anno1800 for several hours, Timespy scores about 18257, Port Royal 11707 and TimeSpyExtreme 9122. Therefore seems stable.
Port Royal: https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/53417267?
TimeSpy: https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/53417077?
TimeSpyExtreme: https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/53417592?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi there, for stock the boost is maybe 15 to 30mhz lower than what I get, but your temps is pulling it down. I usually run with temps not reaching 60c during the run as I set the fan to 100% when running benchmarks.

Thanks. What was the new bios that was using for that test? Suprim Bios will probably be better than anything else for our card.

I was able to almost get 12000 in Port. Seems to be the best I can get with out messing around with custom voltage curve and on stock bios. That crashed in Timespy however. +165 +550. Anything over +75 crashed in Warzone.

I am going to mess around with the TUF tonight. If it is significantly better I will see if I can deal with the coil whine.

Edit

Looks like the Suprim bios is already available. Has anyone tried it?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey man, how did it your weekend project go? Any before/afters?

Best I could do on my TUF OC without the mod: https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/53445247
I haven't done it yet. Unfortunately I think I've caught Covid. Got tested today, woke up feeling like crap yesterday, fever and cough. If I'm feeling any better tomorrow I'll have a look at it, certainly not going to be working until at least Wednesday as I get the test results on Tuesday, I'll be amazed if its negative, its flu or covid.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks. What was the new bios that was using for that test? Suprim Bios will probably be better than anything else for our card.

I was able to almost get 12000 in Port. Seems to be the best I can get with out messing around with custom voltage curve and on stock bios. That crashed in Timespy however. +165 +550. Anything over +75 crashed in Warzone.

I am going to mess around with the TUF tonight. If it is significantly better I will see if I can deal with the coil whine.

Edit

Looks like the Suprim bios is already available. Has anyone tried it?

Yeah on the Suprim BIOS atm. It's okay, not sure it's worth it though, I don't think the extra TDP is useful unless you're going to put it under water. I'm jealous of the TUF tbh mate, if I could've picked any launch AIB it'd have been a TUF it completely eclipses the Trio imo. Probably won't flash back to stock though, nice to have the headroom if needed and the other stuff (fans, etc.) is 1:1 with the Trio as far as I can tell.

Is it stable? I can bench the same, even pass stress test with 99.7% but BFV and WZ crash unless I set 1.037mv
Seems similar to my results, don't really play games but I gave Quake RTX a spin without issues though. From my testing [email protected] is definitely on the edge though, had a few benches fail intermittently if going >15MHz over... shame because I don't think the thermals at 1.037v are (avg. 61 vs 65ish for me) worth it.

(On air) undervolting is definitely the way on these cards, I'm guessing you could comfortably hit 2GHz on most cards at 925mv (or less)... the extra 0.1v (ish) required and subsequent heat for 100MHz seems like a bad trade. Wish there was some good data like PR but for underclocking e.g. score adjusted for voltage or similar.

2461 - 2480 of 2600 Posts