Overclock.net banner
5021 - 5040 of 5063 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Got a little better scores in TimeSpy (graphics) and Port Royal, ReBAR forced.
Man I wish I had better RAM, so it wouldn't wreck my CPU score with ReBAR enabled lol.

Rectangle Font Screenshot Operating system Software

Organism Font Rectangle Screenshot Parallel

Without ReBAR, I get this

Rectangle Screenshot Font Software Parallel

Which netted me 14th place at least with my CPU/GPU combo
Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Number

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Got a little better scores in TimeSpy (graphics) and Port Royal, ReBAR forced.
Man I wish I had better RAM, so it wouldn't wreck my CPU score with ReBAR enabled lol.

View attachment 2558272

View attachment 2558273

Without ReBAR, I get this

View attachment 2558274
Which netted me 14th place at least with my CPU/GPU combo
View attachment 2558277
The 5800x3D takes a very small hit in the TS CPU test with reBar forced. Although if you are following that thread you know that I've been struggling to match my 5800x PR score. But I slightly beat my previous 5800x graphics score in TS with the 5800x3D (cpu was still a little lower).

·
Facepalm
10,928 Posts
I'll have a look then.

I sent a support ticket to EVGA with my proof to ask for support and also check if there are any other BIOS files to try.

In the meantime I will have a look on techpower and see if there are other LHR 3080 cards with 450w+ BIOS. Who else makes a 3 pin card?

Here is quite a clear example

View attachment 2555290

Coming in just under 400w, maintains 2100mhz at 1.0v.

View attachment 2555291

Set to run at 2160 @ 1.05v, pegs at 400w, frequency craters to 2010mhz.

Given I've seen this

View attachment 2555292

Which looks like a small spike to 409.3w, looks to me like software is fine. There is something wrong with the card/BIOS. There are other posters on the EVGA forums complaining the LHR bios either doesn't go above 400w, or one person mentioned 408w.
The card hits a power limit because one of the 8 pins reaches 150W, which IIRC is the "100%" Normalized limit for any of the 8 pins. Any rail or sub rail hitting its normalized limit causes normalized TDP to report 100%, which triggers a power limit even if total TDP is nowhere near 100%. GPU-Z won't show normalized limit values (only the rail with the highest normalized limit relative to its "base" value gets reported--this is similar in function to GPU "memory junction temp" or "Hotspot"); you need HWinfo64 to see TDP Normalized%.

Notice that 8 pin #3 only reaches 71.8W. I haven't been paying attention to this thread but I've only seen that on FTW3 cards.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wondering what i can do to boost performance on my 3080 FTW3 Ultra 12gb i see the bios on the card is already 450w not sure what can be done since my temp is very good when gaming like 54c are fan speed of 70% and memory temps are at 66c while gaming for 1h straight. I wanted to push my car further to squeez more performance out of it. the problem i only got a 8700k and 750w power supply but i never had any reboot while gaming

·
Registered
4,140 Posts

·
Newb to Overclock.net
5,079 Posts
Wondering what i can do to boost performance on my 3080 FTW3 Ultra 12gb i see the bios on the card is already 450w not sure what can be done since my temp is very good when gaming like 54c are fan speed of 70% and memory temps are at 66c while gaming for 1h straight. I wanted to push my car further to squeez more performance out of it. the problem i only got a 8700k and 750w power supply but i never had any reboot while gaming
Looks like you already have power limit headroom, so the only way to get more performance is get temps below 40C. If you can do so, you will gain about 45MHz that was lost due to temp throttling. If you haven't already done so, you can tweak your freq/volt curve to get optimal baseline performance -- this one depends on silicon quality and how well tuned the stock curve is already.

• Rep+
Reactions: Panchovix

·
Registered
233 Posts
Looks like you already have power limit headroom, so the only way to get more performance is get temps below 40C. If you can do so, you will gain about 45MHz that was lost due to temp throttling. If you haven't already done so, you can tweak your freq/volt curve to get optimal baseline performance -- this one depends on silicon quality and how well tuned the stock curve is already.
Can confirm at least, I'm still on Air on my shunted TUF (just found there is an AIO for this card Alphacool Eiswolf 2 AIO - 360mm RTX 3080/3090 TUF mit Backplate though 250 Euros is something I can't afford right now for an AIO lol), testing the good ol' 3DMark 05, fans at 100% the card was at 32°C lol, the clocks were at 2160Mhz without much issues.

Instead, on TimeSpy for example, which obviously asks way more (using 470-500W or so) the cards get up to 50-55°C and so it settles at 2115Mhz or so.
Temps does affect the clocks heavily.

·
Registered
319 Posts
If it turns out to be a cable issue, I'm going to apologize and also throw myself off a cliff for recommending you flash your GPU BIOS before something much more simple. LOL. I had no idea you were using multi-monitors. My suggestion in that case is always go down to one monitor plugged in without any adapters. I assume you did that for troubleshooting purposes?

Cute kitty btw!
Okay, it definitely wasn't the cable. Got the new card in finally, sending the old one back. Tested it air cooled to make sure it would post and it worked perfectly. Installed the waterblock and put it all back together and here I am. Updated the bios using EVGA's software and it smoothed out quite a bit. Apparently they have a major issue with that. Still need to do some tweaking and maybe some overclock, but I want to get it all settled first before going too deep. Will the evga software update to the best option of bios or should I do an upgrade using NvFlash? Wasn't sure if they were the same/but named differently.
Thanks, for all the help. Really appreciate the feedback/knowledge. No one person can know everything and honestly, I've never really done anything GPU related when it came to flashing bios or even having issues with them. My 1070 ran fantastic and aside from a few software updates and a little overclocking through MSI, never had an issue with it. Sorry to see it go, but likely going to post it up for sale with the waterblock. So if anybody is looking, shoot me a pm. I'm reasonable and not looking for top dollar. The cat's name is Joey and pretty sure he's going through teenage years....

·
Registered
12 Posts
should i use msi afterburner or evga i got an ftw 3 ultra 3080 not sure what i should use to overclock with the curve

·
Newb to Overclock.net
5,079 Posts
should i use msi afterburner or evga i got an ftw 3 ultra 3080 not sure what i should use to overclock with the curve
probably get most help with MSI afterburner on here

here's my max, sub-ambient, curve (notice it hits stable points at known voltage points like 1.0, 0.9, 0.85 etc):
Rectangle Slope Font Screenshot Parallel

here's my efficient curve that tops out at 0.9v:
Rectangle Slope Font Screenshot Parallel

·
Registered
831 Posts
Msi afterburner just works.

·
Newb to Overclock.net
5,079 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
I caved and got an ASUS Tuf OC 3080 two days ago

Very impressed with the 3080 Tuf cooling and noise levels

Still tinkering with UV and OC but so far it's at

2100 / 1150 OC at 1.031v power limit 110%

Hyperthreading disabled on 10850k.

Firestrike run

Organism Font Screenshot Software Rectangle

• Rep+

·
Registered
14 Posts
Noctua edition of 3080 coming soon.
Gadget Material property Audio equipment Font Electronic device

A Finnish retailer has listed it for 1149,90€. I wish I had know this a mont earlier. I bought the Noctua 3070 thinking there will be no more powerfull cards with this cooler. Dang!

• Love

·
Registered
233 Posts
Noctua edition of 3080 coming soon.
View attachment 2559830
A Finnish retailer has listed it for 1149,90€. I wish I had know this a mont earlier. I bought the Noctua 3070 thinking there will be no more powerfull cards with this cooler. Dang!
DAMN, even though I have my TUF for like 1 year and half, I would easily get that 3080 Noctua if it was available here in Chile lmao, I loved that card, was a bummer only the 3070 had that cooler.

5021 - 5040 of 5063 Posts