Overclock.net banner

41 - 60 of 279 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
You guys see the leaks over at videocardz yet?

The leaked 3080 3D Mark figures compared to a 2080 Ti are reportedly all better (if the leaks are accurate).

·
Old to Overclock.net
1,558 Posts
Just pre ordered mine thru b and H photo. Can't wait to start messing with the card.

Now just waiting for Zen 3

·
Registered
122 Posts
My napkin math says a 3090 at stock will be 30 percent faster than an overclocked (~2000mhz) 2080ti. My 2080ti oc is about 10-15 percent above stock. I would hope that we get at least that much headroom on the 3090. So, the optimistic side of me thinks the 3090 over-clocked on water could do anywhere from 45-60 percent better than a 2080ti on water. Thoughts?

·
MOD King
226 Posts
I am moving from a Strix 1080ti to a Strix 3080 unless I decide to wait for a 3080ti...hmm...

·
To The Game
7,611 Posts
My napkin math says a 3090 at stock will be 30 percent faster than an overclocked (~2000mhz) 2080ti. My 2080ti oc is about 10-15 percent above stock. I would hope that we get at least that much headroom on the 3090. So, the optimistic side of me thinks the 3090 over-clocked on water could do anywhere from 45-60 percent better than a 2080ti on water. Thoughts?
***[Official] NVIDIA RTX 3090 Owner's Club

·
Edgy & on the edge
1,529 Posts
You guys see the leaks over at videocardz yet?

The leaked 3080 3D Mark figures compared to a 2080 Ti are reportedly all better (if the leaks are accurate).
cries in 2080 Super

Might snag a 3080 if the price is right, but it probably won't be. So far it's looking like the 3080 will cost ~860 EUR which to me seems like a lot for an x80 card. The 2080 Super was hovering around 720 EUR for the ****ty cheap coolers and even that is waaaaay too much.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Big Boy Card

·
Senior OCN Member
39,417 Posts
NDA for the RTX 3080 is now on the 16th of septemeber which is my birthday lol
Anyway i am looking to get either an RTX 3070 or an RTX 3080 and since my trip to Spain was dropped this year i can spend the extra for the 3080 so might as well

Looking at all the cards there is not really any of them i like other than the Asus TUF and the Zotac Trinity and the last Asus TUF cards where a total trainwreck so i am not too keen on those unless Asus have done a better job this time around

That leaves the Zotac Trinity as pretty much the only option that i like but i have never owned anything from Zotac before so any Zotac GPU owners have anything to say about them?

I plan on putting my MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio back in my second PC since the old crappy GTX 1060 3gb is nowhere near powerful enough since i bought an LG GL850 and moved my Asus PG279Q over to the second PC so the RTX 2070 Super will be put to good use there

Thanks

·
Registered
106 Posts
I really want an ASUS Strix card, but as they seem to be the most popular, Im afraid those will sell out first. If I the try to get one, i might also miss out on some of the others.

My no.2 is the MSI Gaming trio, love that it comes with sag support bracket.

Have allied myself with a friend who will also be ready on the dot on thursday to try to buy, will see what we get.

If I end up with more than 1 I will eiter return to store, or sell locally at cost. No scalping.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Welp peeps, its finally time to upgrade from the old GTX 1070.

Whether its an FE 3080, third party 3080, or an equivalent AMD will depend on bench numbers on the 16th, availability on the 17th, and, failing that, my ability to get one and/or prices being too far out of MSRP range following that.

Failing to get a card shortly will see waiting till real availability without sky-high prices and very possibly waiting to see what AMD has with Navi 21/22.

So... it could soon or even as late as next year before I actually get a 3080 or equivalent lol

·
To The Game
7,611 Posts
I'm going to go FE or bust on the 3080 10gb. That cooler just looks beefy like it means serious business. Also like how the rear fan blows heat out of the case which should help with how power hungry these will end up being. Should be interesting. Took pto on the 17th so I'm going to be sitting at my computer waiting for them to come in stock. If I don't get one, then they sold out in seconds. 🐂:poop:

·
Old to Overclock.net
1,558 Posts
I was able to place a order for a ASUS TUF 3080 ON B&H a few days ago. The took the money out of the account so hopefully it holds and im in the first group of shipping!!
There was actually a Q&A thread on the BandH product page that was removed probably due to them not technically allowing pre orders. On the Q&A it was stated that if you were able to place an order that the item would either ship on the 16th or 17th. Amazon also had pre orders available for a short time on the eleventh as well but I was too late for those, they had more options. That is where all the other RTX3080 brands on eBay came from including the FE model. My friend managed to order an FE and seems amazon will honor the sale.

I ordered that TUF as well in the event I won't be able to order a FE, rumor has it the FE is an expensive card to make and nVidia just launched it to have a 699 price tag and will only produce a hand full and make there money from the partner cards that are more expensive.

Moores Law is Dead posted a video of this as well and now I am starting to believe that nvidia did just what I said above.

·
Registered
106 Posts
There was actually a Q&A thread on the BandH product page that was removed probably due to them not technically allowing pre orders. On the Q&A it was stated that if you were able to place an order that the item would either ship on the 16th or 17th. Amazon also had pre orders available for a short time on the eleventh as well but I was too late for those, they had more options. That is where all the other RTX3080 brands on eBay came from including the FE model. My friend managed to order an FE and seems amazon will honor the sale.

I ordered that TUF as well in the event I won't be able to order a FE, rumor has it the FE is an expensive card to make and nVidia just launched it to have a 699 price tag and will only produce a hand full and make there money from the partner cards that are more expensive.
I was able to place a order for a ASUS TUF 3080 ON B&H a few days ago. The took the money out of the account so hopefully it holds and im in the first group of shipping!!
It now looks like Amazon and B and H are having to cancel the preorders

https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/iqv1dl
I do think this is only fair as there is a worldwide no-preorder rule..

·
Old to Overclock.net
1,558 Posts

·
Booo
687 Posts
BandH just released the funds back to my credit card. So this might be true. However my order has not been cancelled yet so here's to hoping.
They typically only place a hold and don't charge until it ships. At least, that's how they do it with cameras.

·
Old to Overclock.net
1,558 Posts
They typically only place a hold and don't charge until it ships. At least, that's how they do it with cameras.
Correct however the hold still shows on the activity page. The hold and everything associated with it is gone. The credit shows nothing.

41 - 60 of 279 Posts