Overclock.net banner
341 - 360 of 424 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Yep guys, i think you right. I fogot about hardware LHR in 3080ti gpu... :cautious: What you think about flashing Asus TUF 3080ti with bios from FE 3080ti, TUF target 350 limit 375, FE target 350 limit 400. It will be work or brick?
No flash or brick. Been tried on 3090s. Last person who I saw report said it was bricked but was able to recover using another gpu. Probably depends on which copy of NVFlash you use as far as no flash or brick.

·
Premium Member
2,759 Posts
Been waiting for their FTW3 block since they announced it in October (3080, now I have a Ti). I'm so sick of waiting I'm just going to throw in a Barrow block from Formulamod with my fittings order. Should have done that a long time ago SMH.

Apparently they have gone through several redesigns for all their Ampere blocks. I advocated they went with EVGA for this gen since early on it seemed like they had the best availability. In hindsight Asus is a safer bet overall. Reference/FE, TUF, Strix would probably cover a bigger market globally. Hopefully the PCB designs are most standardized next gen.
Yeah.
Haven't received any response from Aquacomputer, so I guess it is a EKWB block for me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
So is it even worth it to water cool your card as far as just game performance goes (not benchmarks)? Maybe only 2 fps difference?

My Gaming X Trio 3080 Ti stays pretty cool OC'd on air, even on the Suprim bios when I'm pushing it harder.

I've seen some shootout results where air cooled cards actually score higher than some AIO. I guess silicon lottery is a bigger factor.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
If you have good temps, then no reason to do it, except if you have money to spare.

Though remember, we're in the overclock forums, basically here we will try to get most of the card, even if it's 1% for those benchmarks lol.

But for gameplay wise, and if the temps are already good, no reason to waterblock honestly imo; you may have a really big overclock (10%), but that's money on top of the money already used on the GPU itself

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
So is it even worth it to water cool your card as far as just game performance goes (not benchmarks)? Maybe only 2 fps difference?

My Gaming X Trio 3080 Ti stays pretty cool OC'd on air, even on the Suprim bios when I'm pushing it harder.

I've seen some shootout results where air cooled cards actually score higher than some AIO. I guess silicon lottery is a bigger factor.

The days have long since past when custom water cooling gave an appreciable FPS increase (and it was never good fps/$). IMO, today, there are only 2 reasons... aesthetics and in some cases noise. If those aren't important or don't apply in your situation, it's a total waste of time and money.

• Rep+
Reactions: gamerMwM

·
Registered
347 Posts
At higher power levels, 500w+, wc definitely has the advantage of being really the only way to keep your card cool. With enough rad area, you can even doing that fairly quietly.

OTOH, if you aren't interested in that level of OC'ing, just want to run the card at stock power levels, and are happy with the noise level of the card, then there's very little to be gained.

I never game with headphones so the jet engine sound of a 3 fan card running near full speed is really irritating to me. I ordered the hybrid kit for my 3080ti FTW3 within a week of installing it. LOL

·
Registered
11 Posts
Good to know. Thanks for the replies.

I probably won't water cool my card since I have good air flow and temps then. It overclocks pretty well.

Coming from a FTW3 Ultra 3080, I wasn't sure what to think of the MSI 3080 TI Gaming X Trio as I never owned one of their cards before.

I have to say I am impressed and it runs much cooler than that 3080 did. I've tried it OC'd on the Suprim bios.

Anyone flash the Strix bios to this card yet?

·
PC Enthusiast
3,515 Posts
Gonna return my zotac 3080ti, as I managed to buy a evga ftw3 ultra, was only ~50usd more, and get free return on the zotac

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
I find it interesting that the market value for a FTW3 3080Ti is less than a FTW3 3080.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
I find it interesting that the market value for a FTW3 3080Ti is less than a FTW3 3080.

View attachment 2517851

View attachment 2517852
It's just the "market" that isn't updated yet.
3080ti has been in stock here in Norway for 2 weeks.

Many 3090 and 3070ti is in stock too. Even 3090 Gundam :D

All cards is pretty much 20-25% more expensive than launchday for 3080/3090 series. So it isn't that bad, and they are in stock :)

Here is some 3090's in stock in the biggest e-tailer in Norway:

5 years return if broken here in Norway, så that's wort alot for overclockers :D

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
It's just the "market" that isn't updated yet.
3080ti has been in stock here in Norway for 2 weeks.
How about 3080? Do you mean in Norway, no one wants the Ti?

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
How about 3080? Do you mean in Norway, no one wants the Ti?
3080 has been out of stock for the most part. Some still waiting for the cheapest models since launch. Like 3080 tuf and gigabutt eagle.
It looks like most people that wanted a "3080ti" many months ago, bought 3090 :p

1000+ 3080ti strix oc cards was sold day 1 they came in stock. Almost no other 3080ti brands where sold in comparison LOL.
Asus Strix brand is strong here in North Europe.

• Rep+
Reactions: jura11

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi guys,

i have a MSI Gaming Trio X RTX 3080Ti and i have mounted a full cover waterblock from ek.
Is it possible to flash a bios from a MSI Suprim X to get a higher power limit?

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Hi guys,

i have a MSI Gaming Trio X RTX 3080Ti and i have mounted a full cover waterblock from ek.
Is it possible to flash a bios from a MSI Suprim X to get a higher power limit?
Yes. You can also try the strix 3080ti bios or 1000w galax bios :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes. You can also try the strix 3080ti bios or 1000w galax bios :)
Thx man, i will try the strix and suprim bios but not the galax bios cause i dont want to brick my card

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Thx man, i will try the strix and suprim bios but not the galax bios cause i dont want to brike my card
The 1000w bios works like all other bioses. Impossible to brick due to nvflash is checking before flash ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi everyone,
I do need your advice in terms of my 3080Ti.
I'm building a small mini DTX PC. Since I have a limited space I'm using Streacom da2 with two 2x120mm radiators build-in.
Case is small so only 3080Ti on reference PCB and EKWB EK-Classic is posible.
After number of reviews the best choice was KFA2/Galax GeForce RTX™ 3080Ti SG.
By factory there is a 350W limit +9% so 380W total.

Problem 1.
Even if I set 109% power goes up to 357W max but generally it's still hovering around 350W like on stock 100% PL.
Problem 2
I would like to change the Bios for a higher power limit but I could not find any for reference PCB bios.
After the analyze of the PCB I think this cards should handle 400W easily on water without an overheating of the VRM. Card does not have a dual bios so it would be nice to not to brick it.
The highest I found is from Zotac 385W Zotac RTX 3080 Ti VBIOS
Is should be compatible since this is a reference PCB with an extra Zotac RGB controller.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
11 Posts
The 1000w bios works like all other bioses. Impossible to brick due to nvflash is checking before flash ;)
Just make sure to set power limit to like 45% on that bios right? I'd be more afraid of frying my card after the flash, than bricking during the flash.

341 - 360 of 424 Posts