Overclock.net banner
361 - 380 of 423 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Sometimes I can't believe my luck.

Been in the EVGA queue for half a dozen 3080Ti models since they went up - and I'm probably not that close on any of them given the timestamp - so I just accepted waiting. Happened to check ebay late last night, found a brand new listing for an unopened EVGA FTW3 Ultra Hydrocopper - my 1st preference of the 3080Ti models - and it's located 20 mins away. Seller bought it directly from EVGA but doesn't have a custom loop; obviously entered the queue to scalp.

Now, I will say that out of principle I avoid scalpers. I have never purchased from one. However, the price to me is important and in this case - to my surprise - they accepted $1750 cash (so they can avoid ebay seller fees and shipping). If a scalper isn't making much I'm not that concerned. If I were to buy the card from EVGA, with taxes and shipping, I'd probably be paying a bit over $1600? So this ends up being only $100-something over MSRP and I get my dream card many-months in advance. Worth it.

I'm pumped .This is my first Hydrocopper but not my first EVGA on water - current is a 2080Ti XC gaming with EK block, backplate which has been an absolute monster.

Going into a new build with a 10850K. Can't wait to put it through the paces.

• Rep+
Reactions: therealjustin

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi guys,

i have a MSI Gaming Trio X RTX 3080Ti and i have mounted a full cover waterblock from ek.
Is it possible to flash a bios from a MSI Suprim X to get a higher power limit?
I'm testing the Suprim bios now on my 3080ti Gaming X Trio. No problems so far.

Haven't tried Strix or any others.

Let me know what your Port Royal score is on Suprim bios with +165 core / +800 memory. Mine was 14378 on air. Have to lower the OC to be stable for games. That one barely passes Port Royal.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
FOCAL ARIA FTW
9,376 Posts
Sadly I could not put the water block on it because EKWB send broken parts to customers.
So now I am in limbo for 1 week, no assembled loop and the card is not assembled.

·
Registered
751 Posts
anyone here with the FTW3 Ultra hydrocopper? How much power you drawing?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm testing the Suprim bios now on my 3080ti Gaming X Trio. No problems so far.

Haven't tried Strix or any others.

Let me know what your Port Royal score is on Suprim bios with +165 core / +800 memory. Mine was 14378 on air. Have to lower the OC to be stable for games. That one barely passes Port Royal.
Hey I flashed the Suprim Bios too and i run Port Royal with +160 core and +800 mem. I can't go higher on the core but on the memory looks like there is more room.

Tomorrow after work, i will flash the ASUS STRIX LC BIOS on my card.

• Rep+
Reactions: gamerMwM

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey I flashed the Suprim Bios too and i run Port Royal with +160 core and +800 mem. I can't go higher on the core but on the memory looks like there is more room.
View attachment 2518025

Tomorrow after work, i will flash the ASUS STRIX LC BIOS on my card.
That's cool. Almost the same score when using the same OC. Difference being you have a EK Waterblock and your temps were about 8 or 9 degrees lower than my results air cooled with fans at 70 to 80% in a open case. Our scores are very similar to Port Royal scores from FTW3 Ultra 3080 ti's owners based on posts I've seen on the EVGA boards.

Yes I was able to pass Port Royal with Memory higher around +1000 and sometimes +1200, but it was resulting in lower scores and more crashes every other run so I lowered it to 800 for benchmarking.

Please post back with your scores on the Asus Strix bios with that same +165/800 OC. I find that the Suprim bios while identical in power limit (440 vs 450 watt Asus) only actually uses 400-420 under full load most of the time gaming and in benchmarks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just got the rtx 3080 ti tuf non oc card and got some really bad performance on that card. The card doesnt even go over 330 watts and the core speed is extremley unstable. Anyone know if i can fix it somehow?

·
Registered
751 Posts
I just got the rtx 3080 ti tuf non oc card and got some really bad performance on that card. The card doesnt even go over 330 watts and the core speed is extremley unstable. Anyone know if i can fix it somehow?
Is it supposed to go over 330w?

Maximize your case cooling or put it on water. If you're not hitting the advertised clocks though, talk to ASUS.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Is it supposed to go over 330w?

Maximize your case cooling or put it on water. If you're not hitting the advertised clocks though, talk to ASUS.
I wouldn't come to this forum and write in the forum is if it was supposed to go up to 330 watts. Its supposed to go up to atleast 350 watts. But its not even with 100 load and fans on 100%

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Some said 3080ti has the same performance as 3090. Where is 15500 p in Port Royal on air with 3080ti? :p
Try Galax 1000w bios ;)

·
Registered
474 Posts
I have that card and it definitely hits 350 watts in benches. Even with the "quiet" BIOS setting. How's your airflow?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Can you check your gpu BIOS version with GPU-Z? Mine is on 94.02.71.00.57 for the "performance" BIOS switch position.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Some said 3080ti has the same performance as 3090. Where is 15500 p in Port Royal on air with 3080ti? :p
Try Galax 1000w bios ;)
That's the HOF posted on page 1 right? I'm tempted to try it on my FTW3 Ultra Hydrocopper when it comes in on Thursday. Has anyone tested it here successfully?

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
That's the HOF posted on page 1 right? I'm tempted to try it on my FTW3 Ultra Hydrocopper when it comes in on Thursday. Has anyone tested it here successfully?
There was one testing it and it worked. He didn't post much benchmarks. Think he used a average air cooler :p

·
Registered
347 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Really good info. Thanks for this!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good evening,

@gamerMwM
i did the high score what i can with SUPRIM BIOS and +160/+950 in Port Royal with 14533

I've tested the ASUS STRIX LC BIOS but i scored lower then with SUPRIM BIOS or i got crashes.

• Rep+

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just make sure to set power limit to like 45% on that bios right? I'd be more afraid of frying my card after the flash, than bricking during the flash.

Are you sure that reference pcb will hold 550W? I would probably stay below 35%.
And is Galxa 1000W bios will work without the problem on 2xPCIE cards?
Maybe FE bios will work. 400W is better than stock.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Good evening,

@gamerMwM
i did the high score what i can with SUPRIM BIOS and +160/+950 in Port Royal with 14533
View attachment 2518131

I've tested the ASUS STRIX LC BIOS but i scored lower then with SUPRIM BIOS or i got crashes.
Thanks for reporting back....So not much difference and almost the same scores as when you were on Suprim bios.

I'll probably just stay on Suprim bios unless I eventually try out the 1000 watt HOF. I don't think there's a lot of difference between Gaming X Trio and Suprim 3080 Ti's. They score about the same when using the same bios.

Some people have trouble overclocking the MSI cards but I think you just have to use those fans aggressively and try to hold low 60 C temps.

So the Strix bios was less stable overall on your Gaming X Trio?

·
Registered
6 Posts
@gamerMwM
I flashed back to SUPRIM bios and stay on this bios.
FYI I have a full cover waterblock from ekwb on my msi gaming trio x and max temps were at 55 C at gaming.

• Rep+
361 - 380 of 423 Posts