Overclock.net banner

381 - 400 of 3454 Posts

·
Covfefe
2,122 Posts
Huge gap? The projected difference between the 3090 and 3080 performance is only 20%. That is smaller than the gap between the 2080Ti and 2080.

With my shunted RTX Titan, I've got the OEM board running 2160 MHz at ~450 watts which is higher than most 2080Ti water overclocks. IMO, if you shunt a FE/reference board, the difference between it and something like a FTW3/Kingpin could virtually disappear. Largely due to NVIDIA using quality components on the FE. Just use a really good power supply to feed the 2x 8-pin and you won't have a problem with power.

Gap in cost...

·
Banned
863 Posts
I recommend you find a more credible news source than a proven clown and AMD Fanboi on YouTube.

Care to back up your assertions? Here's a leak synopsis from June, notice everything on this page came to fruition except the 2.3 GHz part.

If anyone says something you don't like / critical about your pet brand they are a "proven clown".

Speculating is hard, no-one does it with 100% accuracy.

GA102 60-90% faster in some instances? (3090 vs 2080 Ti and 3080 vs 2080) Check

USB C no longer on the card? Check

GDDR6X used? Check

1TB bandwidth? Check (960 Gbps on the 3090)

Leaked shroud legitimate? Check

Sept release? Check

In fact Moores Law is Dead leaked NVCache in the previous vid, and that made it to the final product as RTX IO!

He also was one of the first to point out that NV would call it the 3090 and not the 3080 TI, (8:19 mark).

Smearing people with baseless statements on the internet isn't cool. Moore's Law is Dead is not an AMD fanboy, he's putting a lot on the line by being critical of NV and their release strategy (scarcity economics to pump up the hype and demand). He is equally critical of everyone, including Intel and AMD. If it wasn't for people engaging in tech journalism of this sort Gamers Nexus wouldn't exist (this is how they too got started).

I suppose we should all just be mindless cheerleaders? That's journalism today? Mindless cheerleading?

"Oooooh it's so great that NGreedia have decided to limit the supply of their Ampere cards, for no reason other than to pump up demand, and it's also wonderful that they've decided to gimp the 70 and 80 cards with only 8 and 10GB of VRAM, because that costs a whopping $8 per GB in bulk from Samsung! Can't put another 2GB on each card, that would increase the price by $16! 20GB, that's a whopping $80! NO, better to have a card that will struggle with next gen console ports whose consoles have more unified memory and therefore said games have more textures and assets and will require more than 8 or 10GB of video memory at 2560x1440 to say nothing of 4K! We can just upgrade again to the 3080 Ti and 3070 Ti again next year! I don't mind needlessly parting with $800 a year for a GPU! I'm a rich moron who needlessly upgrades my smart phone every year! Iphone 11? It's trash now because the Iphone 12 came out with an additional camera! I will wait in line and pay $1000 for the new one!

I mean Jesus Christ people are so willfully dumb, it's disgusting.

You have one journalist speaking out against this insane logic and he's castigated willy nilly by the very consumer demographic that his information would benefit.

·
Registered
204 Posts
What AIO's you guys planning on getting? My first choice was the Strix but it looks like that is not going to be available on day one. I am now leaning towards the Gaming X Trio. I had a 2080 TI Trio and it was a great card never had any issues with it in the 2+ years of owning it. I keep looking at the FTW3 to see if I see something I like about it but man is that an ugly card. I know EVGA is the best out of the manufactures. I just don't understand why they thought putting a giant RGB dashboard and then added red accents was great looking design. I guess if I am not quick enough and am able to get the Trio the FTW3 will have to do. I don't know why I am caring so much about how it looks since I am putting a water block on it. Guess first impressions mean something...

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
What AIO's you guys planning on getting? My first choice was the Strix but it looks like that is not going to be available on day one. I am now leaning towards the Gaming X Trio. I had a 2080 TI Trio and it was a great card never had any issues with it in the 2+ years of owning it. I keep looking at the FTW3 to see if I see something I like about it but man is that an ugly card. I know EVGA is the best out of the manufactures. I just don't understand why they thought putting a giant RGB dashboard and then added red accents was great looking design. I guess if I am not quick enough and am able to get the Trio the FTW3 will have to do. I don't know why I am caring so much about how it looks since I am putting a water block on it. Guess first impressions mean something...
Yeah the red accent is really ugly but I don't care so I'll be removing all of that for a block. An ugly accent that will be removed anyways isn't enough to make me chose anyone but EVGA

·
4k Enthusiast
3,923 Posts
If the Founders winds up being bad, I'm going to try and replace it with an EVGA Hybrid. All the AIB's releasing at launch look fugly to me. I don't know what EVGA was thinking with the red accents on their cards.

·
Edgy & on the edge
1,834 Posts
For suggesting people are pre-ordering a product that cannot be pre-ordered. Yup. Salty. Jealous. Uninformed.

And now ignored. Go back to the youtube comments section, troll.
You people still TRIED to preorder and would have done so if it was possible.

·
4k Enthusiast
3,923 Posts
At least here's a pic of the FTW3 3090 and a couple tidbits of info. Article says the FTW3 PCB & up the product stack including the Kingpin are the same.

I can't imagine the Kingpin is using the same PCB as the lower end cards. If true, extremely disappointing for anyone looking to get one of those cards.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I can't imagine the Kingpin is using the same PCB as the lower end cards. If true, extremely disappointing for anyone looking to get one of those cards.
TIN designed a new custom PCB for the 2080 TI. I did read on the EVGA forums that gamer nexus confirmed TIN is no longer working with EVGA. If that is the case then chances are the PCB will in fact be the same as the FTW3. That sucks if true.

Thank you TiN for all you have contributed! - EVGA Forums

·
4k Enthusiast
3,923 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Ya, i saw this on the web but i dont think its the new pcb hehehe.
If we want we can buy a 3080 soon....2 days lol. If you look at the f3tw 3080 and 3090 the card its the same...just the price is twice bigger.

·
waiting for Driver update
5,940 Posts
TIN designed a new custom PCB for the 2080 TI. I did read on the EVGA forums that gamer nexus confirmed TIN is no longer working with EVGA. If that is the case then chances are the PCB will in fact be the same as the FTW3. That sucks if true.

Thank you TiN for all you have contributed! - EVGA Forums
most likely he worked on 3090 KP before leaving, good man and a big loss to PC hardware enthusiasts

that is until he find a new GPU maker to work for :p

·
Invalid Media
2,310 Posts
most likely he worked on 3090 KP before leaving, good man and a big loss to PC hardware enthusiasts

that is until he find a new GPU maker to work for :p
Yeah, TiN will be missed - I wish he could set up my mobos and GPUs; at least he's on the same continent now ;-) This also reminds me of Elmor leaving ROG Asus

·
Registered
182 Posts
Is the nda for all rtx 3000 cards or just the 3080? If it's just the 3080, when can we expect the nda for 3090 to lift?

·
Just another nerd
5,698 Posts
Is the nda for all rtx 3000 cards or just the 3080? If it's just the 3080, when can we expect the nda for 3090 to lift?
As far as I know it's for the 3080 FE only, lifts tomorrow (Sept 16). The 3090 lift will probably be 3 days before release unless they push it back a day or two like they did for the 3080 FE.

381 - 400 of 3454 Posts