Overclock.net banner

5161 - 5180 of 10302 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
This xoc bios works wonders when coupled with extensive hardware mods and super cold temps on ryzen with 5.6ghz+ all core!
Wonderful ! The bios which will save all of us. With watercooling, the 3090 will fly. It will avoid me from shunting and losing the warranty.

·
Facepalm
9,182 Posts
Wonderful ! The bios which will save all of us. With watercooling, the 3090 will fly. It will avoid me from shunting and losing the warranty.
Oh you will lose the warranty. What happens if one of your thermal pads is on wrong and the vrm / gddr6 overheats but the card doesnt signal "Thermal" to alert you? The card will slowly fry or the RAM chip will die and then what? You're going to claim warranty when you just cratered your card? I sure hope not!!!!

Are you people actually thinking before you ask for this bios? THIS IS NOT THE BIOS YOU WANT!!

You want a bios with all thermal protections intact. Not disabled.

• Rep+
Reactions: escapee

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've flicked the BIOS back over to stock 450w on my Aorus Xtreme now, I've done sufficient benching on air. I was considering leaving it on the 500w bios and tuning the power limit to 475w (seems to be the sweet spot for my card) but i'm honestly new to the crossflashing side of this scene, the fan control is a bit wonky (its fans rated for 2600rpm running at 3000rpm) and I'm not sure how strong the power delivery is on this card.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts

·
Banned
177 Posts
unfortunately, Escapee felt the need to have 2 different 3dmark accounts so now top 10 isnt realistic
currently targeting BradweLL, the REAL #1.

Everyone in the top 10 has a N/A temperature

·
Facepalm
9,182 Posts
you guys getting pm's with the bios or something?
no bios found lol
I just can't believe people who are not LN2'ers are stupid enough to want the 1000W Vbios.
If this thing gets into the wild, there are going to be a hell of a lot of dead cards from kids and young adults going "But muh powa limit!"
The failures usually won't be from stock cards unless they're trying to play a brand new game at 4k that will try to pull 700W. They will be from people modding the cooling and making a mistake somewhere and the card melting instead of signaling "Thermal"

My 3090 signaled Thermal at 68C in 4k, in Overwatch, awhile ago, because when I first shunt modded and then added hotspot pads to fix a frame stuttering issue the stock unopened setup had, I ended up with a messed up hotspot pad sticking on top of another hotspot pad (not sure how, probably moved and stacked on itself), preventing the Vram and other hotspot pads from making full contact with the backplate. Now imagine if that were on an XOC Bios with thermal and OCP limits disabled?

Yeah.

• Rep+
Reactions: Thebc2

·
Registered
246 Posts
I just can't believe people who are not LN2'ers are stupid enough to want the 1000W Vbios.
If this thing gets into the wild, there are going to be a hell of a lot of dead cards from kids and young adults going "But muh powa limit!"
The failures usually won't be from stock cards unless they're trying to play a brand new game at 4k that will try to pull 700W. They will be from people modding the cooling and making a mistake somewhere and the card melting instead of signaling "Thermal"

My 3090 signaled Thermal at 68C in 4k, in Overwatch, awhile ago, because when I first shunt modded and then added hotspot pads to fix a frame stuttering issue the stock unopened setup had, I ended up with a messed up hotspot pad sticking on top of another hotspot pad (not sure how, probably moved and stacked on itself), preventing the Vram and other hotspot pads from making full contact with the backplate. Now imagine if that were on an XOC Bios with thermal and OCP limits disabled?

Yeah.
There were multiple 1000w 2080Ti BIOSes, there wasn't any rash of card fires.

·
Slovak_Killer
308 Posts
This xoc bios works wonders when coupled with extensive hardware mods and super cold temps on ryzen with 5.6ghz+ all core!
Is it possible for me to get that 1000W bios please :p wanna run FTW3 on subzero and do some testing. If so can u PM me please ?

·
Registered
189 Posts
You forgot to mention that it's a shunt-modded 2x8pin.
oh yeah, I thought that was quite obvious, my card is shunted. The best I could do non-shunted was 14.4K... The highest scoring non shunted 3090 I have seen is on post #3,423 , 14.7K, and his temps were super low, like 20C. I think its literally impossible for a non modded 2X8 pin to hit 15K.

·
Facepalm
9,182 Posts
Is it possible for me to get that 1000W bios please :p wanna run FTW3 on subzero and do some testing
I don't mind responsible LN2'ers getting these bioses. But this is the day of the viral internet. If it gets leaked anywhere, someone is going to post it on their onedrive or google drive and then it's going to be good game. For example I still have the Z490 VRM tool Asus gave me. I've posted pictures of it but I still to this day have not leaked it and will not leak it. People can destroy their boards with things like this.

·
Slovak_Killer
308 Posts
I don't mind responsible LN2'ers getting these bioses. But this is the day of the viral internet. If it gets leaked anywhere, someone is going to post it on their onedrive or google drive and then it's going to be good game. For example I still have the Z490 VRM tool Asus gave me. I've posted pictures of it but I still to this day have not leaked it and will not leak it. People can destroy their boards with things like this.
Well yea thats true, idk man Im just asking.. Im "LN2er" and many NDA things came to me including Lightning 2080Ti XOC NDA pack (also not leaked to this day) so im sure there wont by any problems :)
btw: iirc OCP isnt handled by bios since like 9xx nvidia series, u have to disable it by i2c com. so u need classified tool or galax nvdd tool (examples), your worst worry should be temps and I hope nobody is that idiotic to run ln2 bios on air

• Rep+
Reactions: Falkentyne

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've flicked the BIOS back over to stock 450w on my Aorus Xtreme now, I've done sufficient benching on air. I was considering leaving it on the 500w bios and tuning the power limit to 475w (seems to be the sweet spot for my card) but i'm honestly new to the crossflashing side of this scene, the fan control is a bit wonky (its fans rated for 2600rpm running at 3000rpm) and I'm not sure how strong the power delivery is on this card.
But did the screen still work?

I'm asking the important questions here!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
there is an option to set the power limit lower in afterburner.
flashing unofficial assigned bios is always risky no matter how easy could they be done like just one click update.

bios tweaker is gone since pascal, there was asus t04 bios eventually "leaked out" for 1080ti.
then there were dudes who dared to try that without knowing what could have happened.
ppl who are afraid of the possible damages after flashing high power limit bios can wait and see. but it is not fair to block all these bios from ppl who want it.

last, if someone made it possible to bypass windows certificaton ocne again just like the good old days, who would then be cared about these xoc bios. ppl here, to my understanding, are not stupid enough to try to compete with ln2 scores. we need xoc bios now becuase there is simply none for air cooling/watercooling/aio cooling users to boost up the power limit. no one gives a **** about what these bios is named.

is shorting shunt 100% safe? i dont think so. ppl who care about warranty should not do the shunt mod. the same thing goes to flashing bios.

·
Registered
254 Posts
How are your temps with AIB cards and CPU air coolers? I have the Gaming X Trio and Planning to get the NH-D15 chromax.black, will they collide and cause significant performance drop?

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
You can't protect people from themselves. Or rather, you shouldn't try to. Personal responsibility is important. I remember at one point over 2 decades ago I had just bought a motherboard and for testing it, I decided it'd be a great idea if I hooked up the motherboard to a PSU and and run it...while it was on some nice thick shaggy carpet. It was a brilliant idea that didn't need to be downloaded off of google drive.

I understand why he's not sharing it. One part is potential damage to cards by people who don't know any better, but I think it would also have to do with the source that provided him the bios. Otherwise he wouldn't have covered up the bios details in the GPU-Z screenshot. But to say that this isn't the bios we want isn't accurate. Would it be better if we had a 1000W bios that still had proper thermal monitoring? But remember there are only 2 ways that this can damage your card. One way is if you're overvolting the card with an elmor, at which point I hope to god you know how to monitor your thermals. Secondly, if you do a remount and mess up. But keep in mind a lot of us are properly equipped to run the bios. Personally I wouldn't do a remount with this bios without doing some FLIR testing before hand. It's really no different than setting up a custom loop. If you don't properly test to make sure you did everything right, you'll have liquid spraying all over your computer and shorting it out. That doesn't make water cooling bad.

I wouldn't pressure him to release the bios. If he does, there's a chance whoever gave it to him could get in trouble or simply won't share them with him in the future. And that's completely understandable. But there's a difference between whether he should release the bios, and whether I should want the bios.

5161 - 5180 of 10302 Posts