Overclock.net banner

5181 - 5200 of 6002 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is as high as my card can go without it freezing up, no artifacts though at 2190mhz. Would watercooling help me increase that clock or is that this particular gpu's limit?

Clock frequency 2,115 MHz
Average clock frequency 2,027 MHz
51 °C on Air currently.

Attachments

·
everywhere and nowhere
305 Posts
what's your take on Strix 3090 with [email protected] vs ryzen 9 5950x? upgrade? sidegrade? downgrade? 90% gaming :unsure: have 5950x on hand, waiting for the board, wondering if it's worth it though....

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I don't mind responsible LN2'ers getting these bioses. But this is the day of the viral internet. If it gets leaked anywhere, someone is going to post it on their onedrive or google drive and then it's going to be good game. For example I still have the Z490 VRM tool Asus gave me. I've posted pictures of it but I still to this day have not leaked it and will not leak it. People can destroy their boards with things like this.
Z490 VRM tool is open for download at hwbot forums.

Is this safe-clock.net now?

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
what's your take on Strix 3090 with [email protected] vs ryzen 9 5950x? upgrade? sidegrade? downgrade? 90% gaming :unsure: have 5950x on hand, waiting for the board, wondering if it's worth it though....
On average, the 9900ks will be better for gaming. I'm basing this off of a TechGage benchmark of the RTX 3080 that they did when it came out on their 10900k system and then their benchmark of the 6800 XT, which also re-tested the RTX 3080 on their new 5950x test bed. Horizon Zero Dawn and Total War: Three Kingdoms were 1% faster on the 5950x. CSGO was 11% faster on the 5950x. But the 10900k was 3% faster in Rainbow Six Siege, 5% faster in Monster Hunter: World, 24% faster in Destiny 2, and 23% faster in Borderlands 3. So for pure gaming, it seems Intel is still in the lead. These were tests done at 4K, not 1080p. Although for all I know the extra 2 cores on the 10900k might mean your results will be different with the 9900ks.

·
Slovak_Killer
296 Posts
Z490 VRM tool is open for download at hwbot forums.

Is this safe-clock.net now?
Looks like it, general rule is if its under strict NDA or can get someone in trouble dont post it, however protecting others by keeping something from their reach is childish.. if youre idiot who can damage your card its your fault, we are not forum parents... For me this is quite funny, nobody cared about those things in the age of maxwell and rly dangerous over-volting/custom bioses but when everything is like totally idiot-proof as u cant overvolt/hard-ocp limits/boost algos etc everybody is concerned about others :D This is OCN, not wallmart help-desk.

·
Registered
3090 Trio X @500W @water = PR14975
32 Posts
I think I have one of the fastest 2X8 pin cards in the world... results in 26C ambient air. Wonder how fast this thing can go if I could get my room colder... TOP 25 in the world for single cards on PR, lol.

Holy ****!

I have the same card and the same waterblock on order - hopefully coming next week :) but until then I am running on air - so we can compare results once I get this bad boy under water. With my 2080ti XC ultra I was getting around 42c gpu temp with max 32c water temps (using an EK vector gpu block). So 10c delta between the GPU and the water. My ambient is usually around 22c so the same 10c delta between ambient and water temps - roughly.

What rads do you have and are you cooling just the gpu or the cpu & gpu in the same loop ??
2x 420 rads with noctua A14. i used crossflow rads so i do not have so much tubing in my case. first time build :D
but i still have a temp delta of 15° water->gpu. will repaste my card with kyronaut and see if it makes a difference.

also moved a bit up in the ladder, PR 14975

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Looks like it, general rule is if its under strict NDA or can get someone in trouble dont post it, however protecting others by keeping something from their reach is childish.. if youre idiot who can damage your card its your fault, we are not forum parents... For me this is quite funny, nobody cared about those things in the age of maxwell and rly dangerous over-volting/custom bioses but when everything is like totally idiot-proof as u cant overvolt/hard-ocp limits/boost algos etc everybody is concerned about others :D This is OCN, not wallmart help-desk.
Yeah, we overclocked 780/780ti classified like crazy with evbot on water LOL. 1.35v on gpu. My 2x 780ti and 3930/3960x drew 1700w from the wall. Had to use 2x 1200w psu's.
I want xoc bios to be open for all.

·
Slovak_Killer
296 Posts
Yeah, we overclocked 780/780ti classified like crazy with evbot on water LOL. 1.35v on gpu. My 2x 780ti and 3930/3960x drew 1700w from the wall. Had to use 2x 1200w psu's.
Its Nvidias fault.. they are banning vendors from releasing XOC bioses to public :/ U have to be in-house XOCer or sign nda

·
Facepalm
8,623 Posts
Sorry what I meant is that people shouldn't go on reddit and say "here is a 1000W XOC Bios with thermal protections disabled", not the bios being shared on Hwbot between competitive overclockers.
I never meant that people like you or hypermatrix shouldn't have access to this bios.

·
Slovak_Killer
296 Posts
Sorry what I meant is that people shouldn't go on reddit and say "here is a 1000W XOC Bios with thermal protections disabled", not the bios being shared on Hwbot between competitive overclockers.
I never meant that people like you or hypermatrix shouldn't have access to this bios.
I gotcha, u have good intentions however u will never save "casuals" like this, unfortunately. U want to know why ? U will "hide" XOC bios from them and then "youtuber" Frame chasers comes in and tell them to shunt mod pcie on their FTW3 because that will help without any proof/proper testing. (today we have confirmed PCIE is not the problem btw)

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
You can't protect people from themselves. Or rather, you shouldn't try to. Personal responsibility is important. I remember at one point over 2 decades ago I had just bought a motherboard and for testing it, I decided it'd be a great idea if I hooked up the motherboard to a PSU and and run it...while it was on some nice thick shaggy carpet. It was a brilliant idea that didn't need to be downloaded off of google drive.

I understand why he's not sharing it. One part is potential damage to cards by people who don't know any better, but I think it would also have to do with the source that provided him the bios. Otherwise he wouldn't have covered up the bios details in the GPU-Z screenshot. But to say that this isn't the bios we want isn't accurate. Would it be better if we had a 1000W bios that still had proper thermal monitoring? But remember there are only 2 ways that this can damage your card. One way is if you're overvolting the card with an elmor, at which point I hope to god you know how to monitor your thermals. Secondly, if you do a remount and mess up. But keep in mind a lot of us are properly equipped to run the bios. Personally I wouldn't do a remount with this bios without doing some FLIR testing before hand. It's really no different than setting up a custom loop. If you don't properly test to make sure you did everything right, you'll have liquid spraying all over your computer and shorting it out. That doesn't make water cooling bad.

I wouldn't pressure him to release the bios. If he does, there's a chance whoever gave it to him could get in trouble or simply won't share them with him in the future. And that's completely understandable. But there's a difference between whether he should release the bios, and whether I should want the bios.
agree. calling it XOC is nothing but stupid. just like what evga calls their 450/500w bios as XOC.
high power limit and protection like thermal current etc are not contradicted with each other.

just details what is it inside, and the possible gains/risks of flashing it, to honor the freedom to have fun or to die.

the worst thing of flashing 1000w bios maybe not just the gpu but also the power supply or even the whole pc died. it is too much to think of fire and burning the whole house down/real ppl died.
and not everyone here cares about that. if you ask them how much they paid for 3090 lolllllllllllllllllllllllllll. thanks to nvidia and aib giving us one more motivation.

"you played two hours to die like this?"

nowadays OCN.net is nothing, if you compare it with five years before, or before the whole changes to new system here.
ppl know youtube, facebook, maybe reddit too, but hwbot/ocn.net, come on they may never ever heard of them.

vrm threads? who cares nowadays? everyone is making his own version of vrm tier list and post that on his facebook/youtube/local forum.
90A yeah~~~must be good! check out biostar b550m.
19+3 ftw3 not good? but 19+4 kingpin is wonderful yeah~~~~~~~~~~~

you must have something wrong if you still go to xdevs.com and hope to see tin writting z490 dark / 3090 kingpin articles.

·
Slovak_Killer
296 Posts
you must have something wrong if you still go to xdevs.com and hope to see tin writting z490 dark / 3090 kingpin articles.
There would be guides if he didnt leave EVGA though.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
agree. calling it XOC is nothing but stupid. just like what evga calls their 450/500w bios as XOC.
high power limit and protection like thermal current etc are not contradicted with each other.

just details what is it inside, and the possible gains/risks of flashing it, to honor the freedom to have fun or to die.

the worst thing of flashing 1000w bios maybe not just the gpu but also the power supply or even the whole pc died. it is too much to think of fire and burning the whole house down/real ppl died.
and not everyone here cares about that. if you ask them how much they paid for 3090 lolllllllllllllllllllllllllll. thanks to nvidia and aib giving us one more motivation.

"you played two hours to die like this?"

nowadays OCN.net is nothing, if you compare it with five years before, or before the whole changes to new system here.
ppl know youtube, facebook, maybe reddit too, but hwbot/ocn.net, come on they may never ever heard of them.

vrm threads? who cares nowadays? everyone is making his own version of vrm tier list and post that on his facebook/youtube/local forum.
90A yeah~~~must be good! check out biostar b550m.
19+3 ftw3 not good? but 19+4 kingpin is wonderful yeah~~~~~~~~~~~

I miss good old xtremesystems.org. Too bad it died.

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
There would be guides if he didnt leave EVGA though.
i think even he didnt leave, in gernal how many ppl would go there to see his article of how to mod the FE or reference 3080/3090 before kingpin model is out.
tin's article is not just about XOC but also the break down and voltages suggestion and power draw data, they are all valuable.
we already got the protection of being a niche commuity here.

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Thnx EVGA for great BIOS, I got 14932 points without shunting and outside +6c celcius air with MSI 3090 Trio X :)
14779 was in house just for comparsion.
Don’t get me started. I have a major bone to pick with EVGA re: this bios. I was an FTW3 Ultra owner and one of the first to test the XOC bios on its “intended” card and provided feedback to EVGA that it wasn’t working as intended.

They have sat on it for over a month now, I returned my FTW3 after a couple weeks of no response from Jacob and seeing MSI and Asus owners fully leverage their XOC bios. One card that costed significantly cheaper and the other the same price but slightly better built for the money.

Regardless, EVGA lost me as a gfx card customer after this debacle. I’ll still rock the 1600 T2, but definitely no gfx cards from them as an early adopter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
197 Posts
I gotcha, u have good intentions however u will never save "casuals" like this, unfortunately. U want to know why ? U will "hide" XOC bios from them and then "youtuber" Frame chasers comes in and tell them to shunt mod pcie on their FTW3 because that will help without any proof/proper testing. (today we have confirmed PCIE is not the problem btw)
lol he was proven wrong a few weeks back even with the 500w beta bios, i clearly showed as well as a others posting runs where current and avg is about 490+w continuous and peaks of upto 525w

problem is, fools may try this 1000w bios while still shunted and slider maxed, attempting to draw ~1500+w to the card? (LMAO)

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Holy ****!

2x 420 rads with noctua A14. i used crossflow rads so i do not have so much tubing in my case. first time build :D
but i still have a temp delta of 15° water->gpu. will repaste my card with kyronaut and see if it makes a difference.

View attachment 2466218

also moved a bit up in the ladder, PR 14975
Are you referring to the delta between your water and the GPU ? I have the same using kyronaut . What is your ambient temp ?

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
lol he was proven wrong a few weeks back even with the 500w beta bios, i clearly showed as well as a others posting runs where current and avg is about 490+w continuous and peaks of upto 525w

problem is, fools may try this 1000w bios while still shunted and slider maxed, attempting to draw ~1500+w to the card? (LMAO)
You can’t pull 1000W unless you are volt modding so that’s not an issue.

5181 - 5200 of 6002 Posts