Overclock.net banner

5201 - 5220 of 5987 Posts

·
Registered
3090 Trio X @500W @water = PR14975
32 Posts
Are you referring to the delta between your water and the GPU ? I have the same using kyronaut . What is your ambient temp ?
ambient 20°, water 35° and gpu 50°. something like that on longer gaming sessions.
i currently think a 15° gpu core - water delta is bad because other ppl are seeing up to 7° with these alphacool blocks.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
which is why i chose the word attempting
It's just un-possible to get that crazy I would think.

If the VRM is even capable of delivering that much power (which maybe the Strix could on paper), you're going to get thermal runaway up the butt and the VRM is going to shut itself down anyways. Watched enough Buildzoid vids to see that when you start going up to 50A per power stage the heat output gets absurd where you're dealing with hundreds of watts of heat on components that aren't enough surface area to dissipate effectively.

And 1440W is all you can get out of 3 x 8pin connectors (40A) and that's assuming you don't get some sort of hardware OCP kicking in. (Theoretically on Corsair you can turn it off but I doubt it's really "off"). At that load anyways the wires are probably going to be self-fusing anyways :)

And on LN2 yesterday with the Kingpin card they were only drawing about 700W. Power consumption goes down on LN2 (superconducting blah blah...so the ambient number may be >25% higher), that's still only 875W...long distance away from 1000W and that's at voltages that would destroy the chip at ambient.

TLDR: I'd pay to see someone draw more than 1000W :p

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
ambient 20°, water 35° and gpu 50°. something like that on longer gaming sessions.
i currently think a 15° gpu core - water delta is bad because other ppl are seeing up to 7° with these alphacool blocks.
I have asked EK support what delta I should be looking at

·
Registered
197 Posts
it says right on the white sticker along with the P/N and the S/N. " Made in 'xxx' " Thanks! I meant 'by' as in 'in proximity to' not 'via'
just says packaged in the usa? lol

• First two digits: Year Manufactured
  • Third digit: Product type (1 being graphics card).
  • Fourth and Fifth: What factory the product was built at.
  • Sixth: Warranty Length.
  • Seventh to Tenth: Part Number.
  • Eleventh: Region Sold.
  • Twelfth to Sixteenth: SNS or Serial Number Sequence.

if this still holds true
4th and 5th digit is 13

·
Registered
26 Posts

if this still holds true
4th and 5th digit is 13
Interesting. I'm going to share over on the EVGA XOC bios page if you don't mind? Pop on over there and take a look at the last several posts. Folks thinking it might be a manufacturing difference. Could be way off but figured I'd try to add more data points for the good of the order.

·
Slovak_Killer
296 Posts

if this still holds true
4th and 5th digit is 13
2014133 seems most common

·
Slovak_Killer
296 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Interesting. I'm going to share over on the EVGA XOC bios page if you don't mind? Pop on over there and take a look at the last several posts. Folks thinking it might be a manufacturing difference. Could be way off but figured I'd try to add more data points for the good of the order.
go ahead, but i honestly doubt it is that...
seems like grasping at straws man, blind to what others write, framechasers has done an amazing job ****in herding up his sheep.
it is a beta, and maybe a handful of people have enough cooling to even handle the power. meh,

just saw a comment there

i think 2014 is common for the start of the sn
13 is likely the identifier

i.e mine is 201413xxxxxxxxxx

i mentioned prior, messing around with driver settings and random reboots pulled the proper 490-500w continuously but was impossible to replicate after toggling, on avg i was pulling 430-470 randomly during benches with the beta without shunts

·
Slovak_Killer
296 Posts
seems like grasping at straws man, blind to what others write, framechasers has done an amazing job ****in herding up his sheep.
it is a beta, and maybe a handful of people have enough cooling to even handle the power. meh,

just saw a comment there

i mentioned prior, messing around with driver settings and random reboots pulled the proper 490-500w continuously but was impossible to replicate after toggling, on avg i was pulling 430-470 randomly during benches with the beta without shunts
can u share driver settings ?

·
Registered
26 Posts

just saw a comment there

oh so your 5th and 6th digit are 13...you said your 4th and 5th were 13...

also we're just trying to figure it out. not sure why you're calling us 'framechaser's sheep' ... didn't say anything about that guy? confused...

·
Registered
197 Posts
oh so your 5th and 6th digit are 13...you said your 4th and 5th were 13...

also we're just trying to figure it out. not sure why you're calling us 'framechaser's sheep' ... didn't say anything about that guy? confused...
lol oops
20141333xxxxxxxxxx
cant cound

·
Registered
197 Posts
can u share driver settings ?
nope i really cant i was just randomly toggling settings i.e quality to performance and quality to power etc just random settings set
i was able to replicate a 490w+ continuous draw maybe 3 times over dozens of attempts over multiple drivers and across 3 versions of the 500w bios

·
Registered
26 Posts
nope i really cant i was just randomly toggling settings i.e quality to performance and quality to power etc just random settings set
i was able to replicate a 490w+ continuous draw maybe 3 times over dozens of attempts over multiple drivers and across 3 versions of the 500w bios
you have three 3's? Are you sure it's not 2014133987?

·
Registered
197 Posts
the third one in question is 94:02:26:88:14
unverified evga bios 500w

the one ending in 87 appeared to have worked the best as in (higher avg draw and less power fluctuations)
that said, it can take up to 3 hard reboots of my system to get voltage and power draw to go up...
random is random

anyway in case you are curious

·
Registered
197 Posts
If there is in fact a difference between where each card has originated from, im sure evga will eventually create a bios for each specific card and consider classifying x to x and y to y
lol (wishfulthinking/doubtful)

i really don't think theres a difference

5201 - 5220 of 5987 Posts